HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another loss; this time in OT

Old
01-21-2010, 12:13 AM
surshot*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizz View Post
lol I still think you know what I'm getting at.
No i don't know, the nucks have some dive artist on there team and its a well established that they do why even bother trying to defend it.

surshot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 12:14 AM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

lol at the guy blaming dull skates for a guy falling.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 12:15 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicknitty View Post
Section 120 and row 9 was hilarious....loud as hell but most of the cheering seemed to be coming from the van crowd...holy there were a lot of them. There was even an imposter annoying green guy there. The nucks are no joke (except when demitra shot the puck at his own goalie). Oil couldve actually won this one. 2 really bad penalties at the worst time. Dooby played a great game. I didn't like getting that 1 point.
Probably a lot of loser teenagers or something that have decided to become Canucks fans.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Meganuck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
that is such a stupid argument. either the Canucks are a bunch of divers, or they have the worst skate sharpening department in all of hockey. somehow i don't think dull blades are the cause

from the goalie out, that team has a dedication to embellishment that i have never seen in all my years watching this sport. they look like an Italian soccer team on the ice
yes, because your beloved Flames just get FREE PPs every home game. First 10mins is a guranteed phantom call so that the Flames faithful (who have been booing lately, LOL) can get into the game.

Meganuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
I don't think either of the last 2 calls were dives. First one it was a clear hold of jersey. It's same as hooking. You don't need to slow down an opponent player. If stick is on the waist it's hooking, period. Same here, if jersey's in the hand it's holding, period.

The 2nd call was a bad call but I don't see Raymond diving. He was legally checked while leaning forward for the puck. Bad call but why is this a Raymond's fault?

You guys are just grasping at straws. Good teams don't hold jerseys and don't leave the game to the very last moment to be decided by a ref. You are behaving like a bunch of Cal9aryPuckers.
This is why nuck fans get no respect. They defend their diving bunch of divers. Oh Cogs tugged his jersey? Well it's ok to pretend like he'd been shot then.

And we aren't a good team. And you still had to cheat to beat us, lol.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BloatedGuppy

Why all the tears about diving?

You guys got to overtime and got stuck with a crippling point. You almost ended up with two, which would've been disastrous.

If anything, you should be on the Canucks for not diving more and ending it in regulation.

BloatedGuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
cbjerrisgaard
Finger Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilers View Post
I have a theory about the Canucks fans. You poor guys see diving so often you think it's just part of the game, and who can blame you? The league has turned a blind eye to that junk type of play for at least the last ten years which in your minds justifies it must be ok since it rarely if ever gets called.

Pisani with a cut over the eye while the reff was 8 feet away watching it occur and just letting play continue is more than just subjective it's downright deplorable. You guys have an excellent hockey team that the reffs love to Mcgiur over and they really don't need the help. It ought to embarrass you really..
I didn't come to argue reffing or what took place tonight - my point was suspending people for diving would be hard to do based on the fact it is a subjective thing. Are you telling me every diving call ever called has been a good call? If so then I'll stop bothering to argue the point...

cbjerrisgaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 12:16 AM
dashingsilverfox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
The Canucks got away with garbage all game. One of the Sedin sisters got away high sticking Pisani drawing blood and no call. The Vancouver Divers should go to the 2012 Olympics instead of playing in the NHL.
A lot of them are going to the 2010 Olympics.

They'll be playing hockey there with the best players in the world.

dashingsilverfox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Hey guys, do you guys really have to listen to this tool on the post game show after every game?.

The flames post game show is brilliant, this guy is just crying about everything, and is making a fool out of himself.

is this the same idiot who almost popped his head off when he said they got heatley?

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

time for the Oilers to go cry to the media that the refs had it out for them like the Nucks did

CantHaveTkachev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedGuppy View Post

You guys got to overtime and got stuck with a crippling point. You almost ended up with two, which would've been disastrous.

If anything, you should be on the Canucks for not diving more and ending it in regulation.
You guys would know about tears with regards to penalties.

I would have gladly taken the win over your godforsaken team. 1 point in the context of the team's pathetic situation is a kick in the balls.

Old
01-21-2010, 12:17 AM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedGuppy View Post

Because diving is pathetic?

Whats even worse, is that you guys come here after a we lose, and defend diving.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
cbjerrisgaard
Finger Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by surshot View Post
No i don't know, the nucks have some dive artist on there team and its a well established that they do why even bother trying to defend it.
I'm not trying to defend it,

the point I made was suspending players (any players, on any team) for diving would be difficult to do because the subjective nature of the call. If every diving call ever made was a good call I could be on board with it - but its impossible to get it right enough that you can have an immediate suspension for it.

cbjerrisgaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Hey guys, do you guys really have to listen to this tool on the post game show after every game?.

The flames post game show is brilliant, this guy is just crying about everything, and is making a fool out of himself.

is this the same idiot who almost popped his head off when he said they got heatley?
His job is to gloss over everything and sell Oilers hockey. He annoys me, yes, but his job isn't easy this year.

Old
01-21-2010, 12:18 AM
Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
This is why nuck fans get no respect. They defend their diving bunch of divers. Oh Cogs tugged his jersey? Well it's ok to pretend like he'd been shot then.

And we aren't a good team. And you still had to cheat to beat us, lol.
Errr I am not a Canucks fan I'm just not bitter like you. Plus, I've been rooting for the tank since near the start of the season. So yeah I'm biased. But if you read this thread you'll see quite a few Oilers fans like me who can control our emotions.

Wyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Another PGT hijacked by the classiest fans in the league.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hfboardsuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashingsilverfox View Post
A lot of them are going to the 2010 Olympics.

They'll be playing hockey there with the best players in the world.
At least some of them will win something this year.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 12:19 AM
TigerWoo

Tencer called Burrows a Dirt Bag lol

I like Dan now

TigerWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 12:20 AM
BloatedGuppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowstorm View Post
Because diving is pathetic?

Whats even worse, is that you guys come here after a we lose, and defend diving.
I didn't say a word defending diving.

I said you should be happy you lost.

Thread after thread filled with breathless horror at the prospect of rallying down the stretch and blowing your high draft pick, and what happens after a loss? A parade of complaints about officiating and a blown call that cost you a win you didn't want anyway.

BloatedGuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
His job is to gloss over everything and sell Oilers hockey. He annoys me, yes, but his job isn't easy this year.
Thanks for the quick response, It really is unreal how he can say this stuff on the air.

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
oilers_guy_eddie

Just hoping the Red Wings and Kings can get their **** together and knock either the Flames or Canucks out of the playoffs.

oilers_guy_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Boilers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizz View Post
I didn't come to argue reffing or what took place tonight - my point was suspending people for diving would be hard to do based on the fact it is a subjective thing. Are you telling me every diving call ever called has been a good call? If so then I'll stop bothering to argue the point...
I simply at this point question why certain teams, more specifically players aren't called on it more often. You gotta admit the Canucks get pretty wobbly-kneed and fall pretty easy when they're down by a goal.

Boilers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TigerWoo

Quote:

This is the first time I've heard him go off on any team int he past few years. That is why i started posting it.

I listen to 1040. Listening to Larsheid, etc ain't that great either.

TigerWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response, It really is unreal how he can say this stuff on the air.
I've always felt the same about John Garrett.

oilers_guy_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 12:21 AM
hfboardsuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
time for the Oilers to go cry to the media that the refs had it out for them like the Nucks did
Bingo. Copy the Nucks and send the league more angles than there were in The Matrix's Bullet Time.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote