HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Laraque to be Bought Out by Habs

Old
01-21-2010, 02:26 PM
gohabsgo2010

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
If you suck at your job you lose your job. Laraque is a nice guy, that's why he's not here any more. And Jacques Martin wasn't haiting on "tough players", BGL is just a trainwreck of a hockey player. Next up: D'Agostini. Bring Ryan White back please.

gohabsgo2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:26 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Getting pushed around and winning like that has never and will never happen again. When the going got tuff we looked like a bunch of little girls in a goon league, the series againts the Flyers was embarrassing to watch and the same goes for every team that hit us and intimidated us.

Some of you are happy that he's gone? Chris Niel and Colton Orr have spent the last 2 years masturbating off playing the Habs with no Laraque in the line-up, now watch them do whatever the heck they want, just like in the past.
Some crystal ball you have there.

Not saying we dont need toughness, we had outhit the bruins, a much more physical team.

Don't understand why getting rid of laraque means we'll be sfot forever

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I'm too lazy to read 300 posts but did we try trade him at all? Why not waive him to give other teams a free chance at him? Or even recall him, surely at 750k, someone might be interested?

I'm glad he's gone but I kinda agree with him that it looks classless.
hang on a second

show me the team BGL agrees to play for .

Now until then hold the "classless quote please"

If Gainey had a list of 4 or 5 teams , then those 4 or 5 teams would have to want BGL.If they dont then what? thats right , where were at right now .

So BGL wants to keep playing hockey this year(which he very well might enjoy more time off) then he will have to waive his "clause" so Gainey can get around the code.

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:27 PM
fxhomie

this had to be done. he didn't stand up for smaller teammates; his staged fights became more infrequent; he whined about ice time but his play didn't warrant it; his off-ice distractions became fodder for the media; he claims he had an injured back but did nothing about it; and his offensive output was well...offensive.

good riddance BGL, don't let the door hit your backside on the way out.

fxhomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:28 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
laraque is the one who brought haiti into this.
Now he has the time to go to Haiti with his millions.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:28 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Getting pushed around and winning like that has never and will never happen again. When the going got tuff we looked like a bunch of little girls in a goon league, the series againts the Flyers was embarrassing to watch and the same goes for every team that hit us and intimidated us.

Some of you are happy that he's gone? Chris Niel and Colton Orr have spent the last 2 years masturbating off playing the Habs with no Laraque in the line-up, now watch them do whatever the heck they want, just like in the past.
You're freaking blind if you actually think Laraque changed anything about this. Chipchura was destroyed right in front of him not earlier than this fall, and Laraque just passed by and kept chasing the puck.

He's a shame and a waste of cap space. Good move.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:29 PM
la25ecoupe

at least his scored a goal before leaving.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

If he was traded, I bet boston would get him, he'd kick the crap out of our team and score a natural hat trick.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:31 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Some crystal ball you have there.

Not saying we dont need toughness, we had outhit the bruins, a much more physical team.

Don't understand why getting rid of laraque means we'll be soft forever
I never said that, but we need a replacement ASAP, someone like John Scott or Steve Mcntyre would be fine by me, a goon and more sandpaper please.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Now he has the time to go to Haiti with his millions.
You're like the....500th person to mention this in this thread

Ok we get it...

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:35 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
hang on a second

show me the team BGL agrees to play for .

Now until then hold the "classless quote please"

If Gainey had a list of 4 or 5 teams , then those 4 or 5 team would have to want BGL.If they dont then what? thats right , where were at right now .

So BGL wants to keep playing hockey this year(which he very well might enjoy more time off) then he will have to waive his "clause" so Gainey can get around the code.
I stand by my comment, this isn't how you treat players imo. He didn't even waive him (as far as I know), when he waived Samsonov a few years ago, he didn't send him down, he recalled him a few days later to try give another team a chance at him for half price.

That being said, I just watched the BG interview on TSN and I see exactly why he did it, he wanted to do it a week ago but because of the Haiti thing, he couldn't but instead we probably gave Haiti one of the biggest donations in the league becuase of George, which is a classy act but imo not giving him a chance to play the rest of the year is not the way to go.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by inBobwetrust View Post
This is about Bob standing by his coach. Just like sending Kovy home last year it is a brave move and sends an important message.

I think it will be a turning point in the season.
You give Gainey far too much credit.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:43 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
You're like the....500th person to mention this in this thread

Ok we get it...
wit's hard to find these days. George didn't do the job. They were better off when no one did the job. He couldn't play,so onward and upward. Play hard, if you throw snow going into a corner because you think your 4th line 3 minute a game guy won't beat up their similar clown, you shouldn't be playing.

Colton Orr, let him do what he wants, if he plays outside the rules, he gets penalized and his team has the worst pk% in the modern era. Oh yeah, better to have someone beat him up.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:44 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Quote:
I stand by my comment, this isn't how you treat players imo. He didn't even waive him (as far as I know), when he waived Samsonov a few years ago, he didn't send him down, he recalled him a few days later to try give another team a chance at him for half price.

That being said, I just watched the BG interview on TSN and I see exactly why he did it, he wanted to do it a week ago but because of the Haiti thing, he couldn't but instead we probably gave Haiti one of the biggest donations in the league becuase of George, which is a classy act but imo not giving him a chance to play the rest of the year is not the way to go.

Do you have proof that BGL was a factor for the donation ?

I'm more haitian than BGL.

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:

waaaa?

Gainey "treated him" with 1.5 million for 3 years.

Want BGL gave back (on ice)in return was a joke.

Let's turn it around for a second"its not how players should treat Gm's"

Laraque signed in Montreal and RETIRED .PERIOD!

If i was Gainey id atleast ask for a copy of the "CODE" so he can destroy it for all future generations

Old
01-21-2010, 02:49 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvich View Post

No, Montreal's large Haitian population was probably just as big a factor, however if you watch this link

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip257990#clip257990

at the .26 mark, he basically said he wanted to do this last week but external factors (read probably Haiti earthquake) prevented him from doing so.

Old
01-21-2010, 02:50 PM
panorama01*

More money was raised not because of Laraque, but because of Montreal and Quebec are closer to Haiti than is the rest of North America in terms of culture and ties between people. Take Montreal where there's a church where the former president of Haiti said mass...

Goons usually don't age well and Laraque is no exception to that. At one point during the last match McGuire was going on about how they bungled the Laraque situation, signing him for that price and then not using him.

panorama01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:50 PM
tiredman

Yeah well... Since a couple weeks, it was pretty clear that it would be the end of Laraque with the team in a very short time.

I'm a bit surprised Gainey said they took the decision last week since Martin still made him play against the Sens and the Rangers saturday and sunday. So, the decision must have been taken this week, after the game with the rangers. Not last week.

I thought this would have worked for him in Montreal. But he was injured too often... and he's too slow to play in the NHL.

This signing is another mistake by Gainey.

I think there is a chance we see Laraque working for RDS in the future...

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvich View Post

He most likely doesn't know there a lot of Haitians in MTL. BGL was a small factor in this.

Kinda weird he was promoting his veggie movement instead of the poverty in Haiti 2 weeks ago............

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:52 PM
bipolarhabfan

Good riddance. He was not doing the job asked of him and could not skate at all. By the time he lined someone up and started the process of hitting a player, the play would be at the other end of the ice! He was useless.

BTW, our pro scouting needs a serious overhaul. Many of our signings have turned into busts.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:52 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
waaaa?

Gainey "treated him" with 1.5 million for 3 years.

Want BGL gave back (on ice)in return was a joke.
I don't deny any of this but my point is the same thing is true of Samsonov. However there is a reason, you don't see big contracts buried in the minors (you don't want to scare off potential UFA's.)

There are many contracts still in the league for this reason.

Old
01-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
He most likely doesn't know there a lot of Haitians in MTL. BGL was a small factor in this.

Kinda weird he was promoting his veggie movement instead of the poverty in Haiti 2 weeks ago............
BGL had his mind on to many other things.

and getting into the commerial pimping alcohol drinks and near nude women playing road hockey,wasnt a top flight moment for the org either

that might be ok down in PHX but in Montreal not so much

Old
01-21-2010, 02:54 PM
panorama01*

Goons are best young and cheap. The key is finding new ones. Better still, try to make sure you don't need a goon.

panorama01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:54 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

I can't believe this crap. Watch him go to another team and blossom into a 8 fight a year fighter. Don't let the door hit you in the ass Georges.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 03:08 PM
CanFan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Considered the true heavyweight in the NHL, this is not a true reflection of his game. Georges is unstoppable on the rush, and in the corners, the puck is his to keep. His motto in the corners is “come and get it if you can.” Offensively, Georges knows how to score, witness his hat trick against the LA Kings. Georges can set the tone and change the momentum of the game when his team needs him.

Damn Pinnochio!

CanFan05 is offline   Reply With Quote