HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jamie Wright

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2004, 01:05 PM
xauxi

vCash: 500
Jamie Wright

I know that he is not young and the Oilers LWs is crowded, but don't you think he deserve some time with the big team? He has done and surpassed the expectation at RR. Would there be that kind of possibility? I doubt it, but...

Old
04-21-2004, 01:17 PM
Bohologo

GP G A PTS +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG SHOTS PCT
78 25 30 55 +9 101 5 3 5 228 .110

Here are this season's stats in TO. He's not young, but maybe he's another Fernando Pisani?

Old
04-21-2004, 01:45 PM
Master Lok

well, he has done pretty good for Toronto. But would you play Jamie Wright over the following LW's?

Smyth, Torres, Isbister, York (naturally a lw), Moreau?
That's five LW's not including Chimera, and Rita.

on the RW side, you've got Hemsky, Dvorak, Pisani and Laraques. Salmolainen is also deserving of some time. While a lot of people disrespect Pisani, I like him. He's solid, dependable defensively and good for 16 goals this season.

there would have to be a major injury bug for Wright to jump in. Maybe if Laraques went down and we needed some additional toughness on the right side?

Old
04-21-2004, 01:54 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69
well, he has done pretty good for Toronto. But would you play Jamie Wright over the following LW's?

Smyth, Torres, Isbister, York (naturally a lw), Moreau?
That's five LW's not including Chimera, and Rita.

on the RW side, you've got Hemsky, Dvorak, Pisani and Laraques. Salmolainen is also deserving of some time. While a lot of people disrespect Pisani, I like him. He's solid, dependable defensively and good for 16 goals this season.

there would have to be a major injury bug for Wright to jump in. Maybe if Laraques went down and we needed some additional toughness on the right side?
I agree.. he has played great and definitely deserves a shot at a roster spot but we just don't have any room for him.

Old
04-21-2004, 02:04 PM
M00se

Wright did exactly what he was signed to do this year, provide leadership for a young RR's team. I wouldn't be surprised to see him or another player like him back with them next year. However, as good as he is on the farm I sure hope that Wright isn't anymroe then an emergency callup, we already have a few guys like him in Pisani, Horcoff et al. We don't need another one.

Old
04-21-2004, 03:13 PM
xauxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00se
Wright did exactly what he was signed to do this year, provide leadership for a young RR's team. I wouldn't be surprised to see him or another player like him back with them next year. However, as good as he is on the farm I sure hope that Wright isn't anymroe then an emergency callup, we already have a few guys like him in Pisani, Horcoff et al. We don't need another one.

Don't you all think Wright has more offensive skill than Pisani (just because you compared them). I remember he had an excellent camp, but still could not make the line. I will be upset if he end up with another team for nothing. Does anybody know of his contract status?

Old
04-21-2004, 03:20 PM
outKast*

Lack of natural talent, career AHL'er...hmmmm i don't think he has a chance at all of making it back to the big leagues.

Last edited by outKast*: 04-21-2004 at 04:24 PM.
Old
04-21-2004, 03:38 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast
Lack of natural talent, career AHL'er...hmmmm i don't think he has a chance at all of making it to the big leagues.
Well considering that he has already played in 125 NHL games, your statement is a little off....

Old
04-21-2004, 04:24 PM
outKast*

i meant...back TO the big leagues.

Old
04-21-2004, 05:01 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by xauxi
Don't you all think Wright has more offensive skill than Pisani (just because you compared them). I remember he had an excellent camp, but still could not make the line. I will be upset if he end up with another team for nothing. Does anybody know of his contract status?
I actually think Pisani has a lot more offensive skill than people give him credit for. He has a very good shot and managed to put up 16 goals last season. I wouldn't be shocked to see him notch 20 goals one day like Rem Murray did.

Old
04-22-2004, 10:52 AM
PineJockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
I actually think Pisani has a lot more offensive skill than people give him credit for. He has a very good shot and managed to put up 16 goals last season. I wouldn't be shocked to see him notch 20 goals one day like Rem Murray did.

I agree. The Oiler's players are always talking about what a great shot Pisani has.

Old
04-22-2004, 11:08 AM
kyle

Quote:
i meant...back TO the big leagues.
Nice cover.. real smooth!

Old
04-22-2004, 01:03 PM
outKast*

nice face. real ugly

Old
04-22-2004, 01:23 PM
kyle

Quote:
nice face. real ugly
I guess Plan A of impressing 12 year olds on message boards didn't work.

Old
04-22-2004, 02:20 PM
outKast*

no problemo. anytime

Old
04-22-2004, 03:01 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by xauxi
Hell no. If Wright could score, he would still be in the NHL. He does a great amount of other stuff: leadership, physical, etc. If he could score he would be a 3rd liner like Moreau for some other team. Over a span of 124 games, Wright has scored 32 pts. Pisani got 30 pts this season alone.

As for Pisani, you are underestimating his offense. Believe it or not, Pisani scored 16 goals this season, the MOST of any RW on the Oilers (Hemsky had 12, Dvo had 15). With the exception of Peter Sarno, Pisani has the highest shooting percentage on the Oilers this season as well.

Old
04-22-2004, 03:56 PM
kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69
Hell no. If Wright could score, he would still be in the NHL. He does a great amount of other stuff: leadership, physical, etc. If he could score he would be a 3rd liner like Moreau for some other team. Over a span of 124 games, Wright has scored 32 pts. Pisani got 30 pts this season alone.
That's unfair.

Pisani was put into a bigger role at times this year. Over the course of their respective careers:

Wright has 32 points in 124 games
Pisani has 43 points in 111 games

It's hardly a blazing discrepancy.

Closed Thread