HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

I am really sorry about how it turned out for Ottawa

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2004, 04:14 PM
Darth Milbury

vCash: 500
I am really sorry about how it turned out for Ottawa

I know I have bickered with many of you over the years, but I have to say that I have a ton of respect for the Ottawa organization. I respect the way this team was built, the team management, and most of all the way the Senators play the game. Put simply, outside my own NY Islanders, the SENs are my favorite team in hockey.

I really wanted the SENS to win, because I would like the rest of the NHL to base their organizational strategies on the SENs.

Anyway, I'll be pulling for the Bolts from here on in. But, I know that I will be see a Stanley Cup in Ottawa some time in the near future.

Old
04-21-2004, 04:42 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Thanks Darth and hopefully they can recover.

That being said, I am now rooting for San Jose.

Old
04-21-2004, 06:55 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
Thanks Darth and hopefully they can recover.

That being said, I am now rooting for San Jose.

They WILL recover. This team is too deep, and too disciplined to not bounce back.

Trust me. You WILL see a cup in Ottawa in the near future.

Anyway, I'm really sorry it went down like this for you guys.

Old
04-21-2004, 11:27 PM
Hossa

Thanks for the kind words Darth.

I'll agree with you that I'm basically cheering for teams built right at this point in the playoffs, with the two small market Canadian teams being also on my side. Sensguy was dead on, San Jose. I predicted a San Jose/Ottawa final in 2003, and I was really hoping I was just one year late, and it would come to fruition this year.

Oh well, another year, another playoff loss. The difference this year is that I'm not questioning the Sens ability to win in the playoffs. They proved to me last year they can and will win in the playoffs. What I'm questioning is our ability to beat the Leafs, unfortunately. It's a mental block for us at this point.

Anyways, it's just hockey, and you can't lose too much sleep over something that is clearly out of your control.

Old
04-22-2004, 01:19 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossa
Thanks for the kind words Darth.

I'll agree with you that I'm basically cheering for teams built right at this point in the playoffs, with the two small market Canadian teams being also on my side. Sensguy was dead on, San Jose. I predicted a San Jose/Ottawa final in 2003, and I was really hoping I was just one year late, and it would come to fruition this year.

Oh well, another year, another playoff loss. The difference this year is that I'm not questioning the Sens ability to win in the playoffs. They proved to me last year they can and will win in the playoffs. What I'm questioning is our ability to beat the Leafs, unfortunately. It's a mental block for us at this point.

Anyways, it's just hockey, and you can't lose too much sleep over something that is clearly out of your control.

You are wise beyond your years, my friend. We're all passionate about the game. But, you are right, it is out of your control.

Closed Thread