HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post Season award nominees

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2004, 01:38 PM
spintheblackcircle
Global Moderator
s'all good, man.

vCash: 500
Post Season award nominees

McCauley for Selke and Wilson for Adams...way to go boys!

I think Draper has Selke wrapped up. Wilson goes against Tortorella and bitter beer face. Most Canadian voters will likely vote for Sutter, so I think he will pull it out, though I would vote for Wilson.

Old
04-21-2004, 02:05 PM
VanCanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM
McCauley for Selke and Wilson for Adams...way to go boys!

I think Draper has Selke wrapped up. Wilson goes against Tortorella and bitter beer face. Most Canadian voters will likely vote for Sutter, so I think he will pull it out, though I would vote for Wilson.
IMO Pressing was your top rookie. Marleau or Nabby MVP.

Old
04-21-2004, 03:11 PM
Rand

Go McCauley!

He's still very popular among Leafs fans... great to see him finally get some respect from someone besides his own teams fans.

04-22-2004, 12:05 AM
The Mannschaft

Send a message via ICQ to The Mannschaft Send a message via AIM to The Mannschaft Send a message via MSN to The Mannschaft
I can't beleive Kipper was nominated for Vezina. He only played 39 games. I guess the Canadian press must get a lot of votes.

Old
04-22-2004, 07:39 AM
Mr Brownstone

Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiHockeyFan
I can't beleive Kipper was nominated for Vezina. He only played 39 games. I guess the Canadian press must get a lot of votes.
He deserves the consideration. Calgary was down and out before he showed up. He's the reason they're a playoff team and moving on.

Old
04-22-2004, 08:46 AM
Cyclops II*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresIn05
He deserves the consideration. Calgary was down and out before he showed up. He's the reason they're a playoff team and moving on.

Is there a minimim number of games a goalie has to play to be nominated for the Vezina? If he meets that requirement then he should be considered.

I agree he is the main reason Calgary made the playoffs and therefore there is no way Sutter deserves a nomination in the coaching category. He may deserve recognition for acquiring Kiprusoff but not for his coaching ability.

Old
04-22-2004, 09:27 AM
spintheblackcircle
Global Moderator
s'all good, man.

If he was nominated for the limited games he played in, Forsberg should be for Hart. He was the best player by far....when he played. But I don't think either should have been nominated.

Old
04-22-2004, 10:33 AM
PhillyNucksFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiHockeyFan

Well, according to the flames fan, kipper seems to be, umm, godly.. since he has the GAA record

and if a goaltender can HAVE the GAA record by not playing the final game to preserve the record and with 38 games played, then he can be nominated. If Kipper wins, Forsberg should have won the scoring title and the league MVP because of his almost 2pt/game avg

However, kipper is all of their reason to make the playoff, that I do agree.
If Turco cannot win Vezina last year with GAA record AND more than 38 games played, Kipper is not going to win.

Old
04-22-2004, 12:20 PM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
1) I don't think may of us do believe that Kipper will win it. But he did deserve the recognition.
2) I could see the games played thing being more of an arguement if Kipper WAS the back-up, but he is NOT. He is our obvoius #1. It is not his fault he was aquired part way, then was injured.
3) Cyclops: What is your hate on for our ex-Sharks? Since when does a players performance take away from the coaches accomplishments? Sutter got the most out of his players, that is why he is a good coach, and deserves the nomination.
4) PhilyNucksFan (at least you still have one team to cheer for) You saw first hand what Kipper is capable of. And that wasn't even his best games. No one is saying he's godly, but he was good enough to beat your team.

Old
04-22-2004, 01:40 PM
Baron Von Shark

The thing about Sutter is, he didn't do all that great without Kipper in his lineup. Goes to show how valuable that one player is. Good for Kipper, and good for Iginla. Both have been stellar.

As for Alyn, and RW, they are both very deserving of the nominations.

Last edited by Baron Von Shark: 04-22-2004 at 01:51 PM.
Closed Thread