prdbsfan

vCash: 500
When does the pain

go away? I mean it has been a few days.

Old
04-21-2004, 02:03 PM
Black Eye

vCash:
I'm still mad about "too many men on the ice" 25 years ago. Does that help?

Old
04-21-2004, 02:07 PM
wensink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye
I'm still mad about "too many men on the ice" 25 years ago. Does that help?
So I'm not the only one then??

Even today, everytime the B's get called for that, I mutter stupid Habs..... :mad:

Old
04-21-2004, 02:08 PM
prdbsfan

thanks black eye....now I gotta go see my therapist

Old
04-21-2004, 02:11 PM
BoyntBergie

It's true. I was feeling better today, then read the Bob Ryan piece and was back in the doldrums.

Old
04-21-2004, 02:12 PM
BruinsGirl

Guys/Girls please don't give our "friends" more satisfaction than they already got.

One more thing...While we all are passionate fans here and love our B's, hockey is only an entertament. There is no reason to get heartache and grey hear over it, while our beloved are playing golf somewhere.

Too bad there will be no "next year"!

Old
04-21-2004, 02:14 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
I'm in the same boat as B.E....but I also hold out the hope , as always, that the Bruins Organization feels the same way.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
04-21-2004, 02:18 PM
wensink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
Guys/Girls please don't give our "friends" more satisfaction than they already got.

One more thing...While we all are passionate fans here and love our B's, hockey is only an entertament. There is no reason to get heartache and grey hear over it, while our beloved are playing golf somewhere.

Too bad there will be no "next year"!
Winning 23 of 30 series between the two teams
Coming back for the first time ever when being down 3-1
Watching the B's blow a 3-1 series lead (for the first time)
Having no Stanley Cups in 32 years

I don't think we can possibly give them any more satisfaction than they already have.

Old
04-21-2004, 02:18 PM
BruinsGod II

the NHL entry draft mid June helps a bit, as does the free agent period of July .. But the pain does not fully go away until the beginning of october for me..

Old
04-21-2004, 02:36 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wensink
Winning 23 of 30 series between the two teams
Coming back for the first time ever when being down 3-1
Watching the B's blow a 3-1 series lead (for the first time)
Having no Stanley Cups in 32 years

I don't think we can possibly give them any more satisfaction than they already have.

You know what , I just wanted to point out that it's finally SPRING and good weather. I lost about 10 lbs during the last too weeks but it's not really my fauld that B's players wanted it less than me. I don't like them less but why should I suffer? (My husband already feels sorry he hooked me on hockey.)

I think we take everything too serious. Hockey has been created to entertain people and not crush their hearts.

And....Pain will go away when we WIN .

Old
04-21-2004, 02:45 PM
wensink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
You know what , I just wanted to point out that it's finally SPRING and good weather. I lost about 10 lbs during the last too weeks but it's not really my fauld that B's players wanted it less than me. I don't like them less but why should I suffer? (My husband already feels sorry he hooked me on hockey.)

I think we take everything too serious. Hockey has been created to entertain people and not crush their hearts.

And....Pain will go away when we WIN .

You're a much bigger person than me.

No. Seriously, I really do take these losses a lot less badly (especially since 9/11 - when I lost a friend).

Sure they bother me, but I don't nearly get as upset.

Besides, I'm also trying to teach my son to be a good sport and a gracious winner and loser. I can't be a hypocrite, right!

Old
04-21-2004, 02:51 PM
BoyntBergie

Hockey is just a game and I don't think anyone is ready to jump off a bridge, but there is a definite feeling of dissapointment that lingers in situations like these.

It's not the casual fan really who frequents these boards, it's the die hards and alot of us tend to get very emotionally tied to the team as the season goes on, it's something you can't help.

Not saying you're any less of a fan BG, just that some of us end up more involved emotionally than others.

I know I'd be driven to tears if I ever see the B's hoist the Cup. Anything that can make me that happy, is inevitably going to make me somewhat sad when something bad happens.

Old
04-21-2004, 02:58 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wensink
You're a much bigger person than me.

No. Seriously, I really do take these losses a lot less badly (especially since 9/11 - when I lost a friend).

Sure they bother me, but I don't nearly get as upset.

Besides, I'm also trying to teach my son to be a good sport and a gracious winner and loser. I can't be a hypocrite, right!

I am trying to teach my son to be a good sport too... I even have some successs sometimes! When we are loosing to Nashville, Phoenix, Edmonton, Florida etc (well, you got my point) I can be a good sport .

He by the way isn't very much into B's and even can tease me when B's aren't winning but HE WOULD NEVER TEASE ME WHEN B'S ARE LOSING TO THE HABS ...since our last year trip to Montreal!!!

Old
04-21-2004, 03:09 PM
JOHNNY V

The pain will never end for me, it goes back to the too many men on the ice call. I will never extend my hand to any of their fans...

Maybe if Sully gave St RAYCROFT a rest and used potvin in game 5 we might have buried them ?

I will never rest until the cup stops here and when I finally pass on
I will send my kids and every living relative to haunt their board.

VIVA LA BOLTS

Old
04-21-2004, 03:18 PM
chicpea*

I am still feeling the inverse of your unhappiness, I admit. Still, you guys (on these boards) were great and much more humourous and nice than what I'm expecting from the TB series.

p.s. Johnny, there's a box of vachon's still waiting for you up here...

Old
04-21-2004, 03:26 PM
JOHNNY V

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
I am still feeling the inverse of your unhappiness, I admit. Still, you guys (on these boards) were great and much more humourous and nice than what I'm expecting from the TB series.

Make sure their steal so I could use them as a weapon ...

Old
04-21-2004, 03:30 PM
Grapes

Yesterday i pretty much had a nutty over the stupidity of a friend, then when my other friend found out 15 minutes later that the B's had lost, she made fun of me for going through the 5 stages of grieve,.. ofcourse i shrugged it off and declared "i do not care that much about the Bruins"

Yeah right, who am i kidding? i do care and i am in the mids of grieving (obviously this grief is not as severe as a death or housefire, however you do get emotional when a favorite team wins so why not get down when they lose..)
Currently i am at the bargaining stage (who should we keep? When's the draft? who's UFA?)

Denial and depression where right after the game and the morning of the next day, anger is obviously out of the way next and last stage is acceptance and i expect that by the beginning of the weekend.
I am just thankfull i found this board and you guys, to show me i am not the only foolishly passionate fan.

Go HFBoard! Go B's!

Old
04-21-2004, 03:30 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:

If somehow you'll manage to beat Tampa....Leafs(!!!!)/Flyers fans won't be nice to you at all.

Old
04-21-2004, 03:52 PM
Bruin_Ron

At least you guys don't live in Montreal. What is usually one of the most fashionable cities in the world is now dominated by bleu blanc rouge jerseys. Cars have flags, towels, and even the odd car going through downtown with a replica of a Cup poking through the sun roof. The media is in a frenzy. I won't be able to escape this for awhile - because even when the Bolts beat up the Habs, I'll still have to listen about the great come-from-behind win against us.

Jean, you know what I mean

Old
04-21-2004, 03:55 PM
TheBigBadB

it never goes away...its like losing your first love..you deal with it..but when its brought yup...you get a sinking feeling in your stomach...

Old
04-21-2004, 04:11 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadB
it never goes away...its like losing your first love..you deal with it..but when its brought yup...you get a sinking feeling in your stomach...
pretty good analogy.

admittedly, when i woke up yesterday, it felt like i just got a swift kick in the jimmy and today, the same. and eventually, the pain will subside, but always linger in the background

Old
04-21-2004, 04:16 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
pretty good analogy.

admittedly, when i woke up yesterday, it felt like i just got a swift kick in the jimmy and today, the same. and eventually, the pain will subside, but always linger in the background

At least today Red Sox fans (and our single MTL fan) stop bothering me calling B's "chockers" !!! (Can you imagine Red Sox fans calling somebody that!!!)

Old
04-21-2004, 04:58 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

Quote:
But on the other hand...after the grieving and acceptance of a lost love you realize you are free man/woman--not just for the summer or every other night at 7pm but--free to go have a fling with a friend from the west coast (Sharks) or an underrated beauty you'd never commit to (Flames).

Still miss the real love though.

Old
04-21-2004, 05:21 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
That's a pretty good analogy: I recall how I felt when the '98 Habs lost unjustly to Hasek and the Sabres, and it still sickens me. Still, unlike my first love, the '98 Habs didn't give me herpes.

Old
04-21-2004, 06:58 PM
Grapes

Quote:
That's a pretty good analogy: I recall how I felt when the '98 Habs lost unjustly to Hasek and the Sabres, and it still sickens me. Still, unlike my first love, the '98 Habs didn't give me herpes.
eh,.. a little much on the info there my friend...

Closed Thread