HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings v. Sabres: Post Game THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2010, 12:34 AM
  #26
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 500
... Kopitar, for all of his struggles, seems to be improving his ability to win faceoffs.

In this month, he's won 53% of them (77 out of 145).

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:36 AM
  #27
MxK1NGS
Registered User
 
MxK1NGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 2,828
vCash: 500
Well done all around. Now it is the matter of consistency when going into Olympic Break. These last few games mean a ton. Now on to Red Wings. Also I would like to point out that the REFS SUCKS!!!

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:37 AM
  #28
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
 
alpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sweden and Slovenia
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 4,728
vCash: 500
BTW what a shot by Brown and Kopi ...PERFECT!

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:38 AM
  #29
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... Kopitar, for all of his struggles, seems to be improving his ability to win faceoffs.

In this month, he's won 53% of them (77 out of 145).
Our 1st goal, he won that faceoff. **** the opposition, he played just fine tonight.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:38 AM
  #30
Hendrydoso
Registered User
 
Hendrydoso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sacramento
Country: United States
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
Hooray, I just found that my brother..the traitor Ducks fan... was at the game tonight texting photos of Sabre goals to me saying things like, "the kings aren't doing so good", "kings still losing" etc. So sweet.

Hendrydoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:38 AM
  #31
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14
 
CTKingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 2,384
vCash: 500
I loved how pumped Quick was after the game when we saw him talking to Ersberg. You can tell was just like "I just ****ing robbed his a$$"

CTKingsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:39 AM
  #32
bland
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,851
vCash: 500
Phew!

Battled back from some bad bounces and kept to the game plan without disolving into that "every man for himself" attack like the last few games.

As a side note, man I love seeing hard fought games in which the refs let them play in the trenches.

bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:39 AM
  #33
KingsRule
Registered User
 
KingsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 2,952
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Great finish! Im glad we dont all have to sit here and complain about how the refs stole one from us. We jacked that **** right back!!! Quick beats both of his USA goal-mates!

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:40 AM
  #34
SFKingshomer
Registered User
 
SFKingshomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 5,131
vCash: 500
Exciting game and helluva character win for the boys.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:41 AM
  #35
kopifan
Registered User
 
kopifan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ljubljana
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 100
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to kopifan
Back in the playoff picture at the 7th place

But unlike most off you, I'm not too encouraged with how the Kings are playing in this last couple of games. Serious lack of creativity (except for SO), almost no on-ice communication, Kopitar looks like he has already played 82+ games...

They need to change something, otherwise they'll just start dropping down the rankings. They need to stay with teams like Nashville and Phoenix, cause Detroit and Calgary can only improve their play.

kopifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:42 AM
  #36
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
Phew!

Battled back from some bad bounces and kept to the game plan without disolving into that "every man for himself" attack like the last few games.

As a side note, man I love seeing hard fought games in which the refs let them play in the trenches.
... I enjoy it too. As long as the refs keep it consistent, I don't have a problem with them at all.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:43 AM
  #37
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 43,189
vCash: 500

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:45 AM
  #38
KingLB
Registered User
 
KingLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,162
vCash: 500
Kings need to focus now on the next game it is a really important 4 pointer vs Detroit in Detroit send a message make the lead comfortable before going into Tor/Cbus.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:46 AM
  #39
ru4reals
Registered User
 
ru4reals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,392
vCash: 500
Man was it good to have Greene back. What a warrior. Dean just waive the Mr. Turnover(JONES) please.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:47 AM
  #40
Malice430
Registered User
 
Malice430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lake Forest, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 3,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post

Malice430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:47 AM
  #41
bland
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... I enjoy it too. As long as the refs keep it consistent, I don't have a problem with them at all.
Yeah, and to be honest, I thought both calls that upset the fans - the Vanek push off and the Moller disallowed goal were the right calls.

bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:48 AM
  #42
Malice430
Registered User
 
Malice430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lake Forest, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 3,347
vCash: 500
lol ducks fans are getting all ******** cuz the sabres fans like our announcers

Malice430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:53 AM
  #43
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,312
vCash: 500
Quick leads the NHL in SO wins with 7!!

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 01:01 AM
  #44
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,276
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice430 View Post
lol ducks fans are getting all ******** cuz the sabres fans like our announcers
I almost feel sorry for them. Because they likely don't even know. They grew up with the bias instilled. They've known nothing but the worst broadcasters in hockey their entire empirical hockey experience... But, in the end, they get no pity from me.

__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 01:02 AM
  #45
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
Yeah, and to be honest, I thought both calls that upset the fans - the Vanek push off and the Moller disallowed goal were the right calls.
... I thought the Vanek push off should have been a cross checking or interference penalty. That was garbage.

The disallowed goal was a good call on its own, but the timing of it -- coming right after the Vanek goal -- really left a bad taste for me.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 01:07 AM
  #46
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14
 
CTKingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 2,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... I thought the Vanek push off should have been a cross checking or interference penalty. That was garbage.

The disallowed goal was a good call on its own, but the timing of it -- coming right after the Vanek goal -- really left a bad taste for me.
The disallowed call was the right call, but i don't like it. It should be like the kicking motion with the skate. Unless you punch the puck in net, it should be a good goal. I mean if that puck is an inch to the left or right it goes off Moller's stick and that's a good goal. Good call, but a bad rule.

CTKingsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 01:13 AM
  #47
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
What a game! What a team! Omg. I am hoarse from celebrating. I love it! Nobody can stop us! GO LA, GO KINGS! It's our time!



Make the deal Deano! They are ready.
"It's one thing to play in a league but it's another to win in a league. And there's a huge difference."

That sums up who we are looking for.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 01:14 AM
  #48
FootKnight
This ****ing team
 
FootKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,263
vCash: 500
Just finished the game on the DVR. Awesome game and a great win! I know Fox said it like 50 times during the game, but Miller is just amazing in the way he reads the play and gets into position before the shot.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 01:14 AM
  #49
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Fun game.

Nervous at times, but as soon as they woke up 8 minutes into the first, I never had a doubt about this one.

Lots of Sabres fans there and lots of "Let's Go Buffalo" chants that Kings fans were either unable or unwilling to properly respond with their own "Let's Go Kings" Tried a few times, but no one was really into it. I counted one sustained "Lets Go Kings" chant throughout the game, and one rather amusing huge swell of "Sabres suck" that swept throughout the entire stadium. Proud of the team, a little disappointed in the fans tonight. Rain seems to just zap the life of Los Angeleans.

Quick was money and I don't feel bad about any of those 3 goals really. He saved this game in those first 8 minutes. Love that he opened the game by putting up the wall.

Anyone notice that since the Olympic selections Quick has beaten BOTH Thomas AND Miller, both in the shootout?

He's not playing any Olympic games my ass.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 01:21 AM
  #50
DAkings20
Kings can't score
 
DAkings20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valencia, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Fun game.

Nervous at times, but as soon as they woke up 8 minutes into the first, I never had a doubt about this one.

Lots of Sabres fans there and lots of "Let's Go Buffalo" chants that Kings fans were either unable or unwilling to properly respond with their own "Let's Go Kings" Tried a few times, but no one was really into it. I counted one sustained "Lets Go Kings" chant throughout the game, and one rather amusing huge swell of "Sabres suck" that swept throughout the entire stadium. Proud of the team, a little disappointed in the fans tonight. Rain seems to just zap the life of Los Angeleans.

Quick was money and I don't feel bad about any of those 3 goals really. He saved this game in those first 8 minutes. Love that he opened the game by putting up the wall.

Anyone notice that since the Olympic selections Quick has beaten BOTH Thomas AND Miller, both in the shootout?

He's not playing any Olympic games my ass.

He's not unless they're both injured.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.