HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Habs Fans Roadtrip? Philly? NY Isles?

Old
01-23-2010, 04:30 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
HF Habs Fans Roadtrip? Philly? NY Isles?

Hello everyone. After being at the Habs-Devils game last night and being part of the army of Canadiens fans there, I was wondering if anybody would like to take part in another takeover of an away teams arena. I was looking at the calendar, and a few dates stood out to me...

Friday, 2/12 @ Flyers

This is a weekend night game not in a terrible location with tickets that can be had somewhat cheaply.

Friday 4/2 @ Flyers

Same for this. Maybe even cheaper if closer to this date it becomes apparent that the Flyers are done, if it ends up happening this way.

Tuesday 4/6 @ Islanders

I know this is a week night so it might be tricky for people, but I'm going already anyway. Always easy to get tickets very cheap for Islanders game and as always we have a lot of "takeover" potential here. Could be done very easily.

Does anybody have any other suggestions? Is there any real interest here? Anybody? I guess just discuss it here and we'll see, I'd love to get something going.

Thanks everyone.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 05:12 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Fan in NJ View Post
Hello everyone. After being at the Habs-Devils game last night and being part of the army of Canadiens fans there, I was wondering if anybody would like to take part in another takeover of an away teams arena. I was looking at the calendar, and a few dates stood out to me...

Friday, 2/12 @ Flyers

This is a weekend night game not in a terrible location with tickets that can be had somewhat cheaply.

Friday 4/2 @ Flyers

Same for this. Maybe even cheaper if closer to this date it becomes apparent that the Flyers are done, if it ends up happening this way.

Tuesday 4/6 @ Islanders

I know this is a week night so it might be tricky for people, but I'm going already anyway. Always easy to get tickets very cheap for Islanders game and as always we have a lot of "takeover" potential here. Could be done very easily.

Does anybody have any other suggestions? Is there any real interest here? Anybody? I guess just discuss it here and we'll see, I'd love to get something going.

Thanks everyone.
I'm going to that game!! See you there guys!

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

I cannot recall many games in Philadelphia. Do we usually have a strong showing there?

Old
01-23-2010, 07:03 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
I cannot recall many games in Philadelphia. Do we usually have a strong showing there?
I was there during the playoff series a few years back.

Long story short I had a few beers and I'm not much of a drinker (was with my gf, who didn't drink) and started to respond to all the ppl trash talking me, like a complete moron...

At one point, we had about 50 beers thrown onto us. My gf who was hugely mad at me took off... as she was exiting, a security guard noticed she was pissed and she explained that they were thowing beers at us (she left out the fact that I did a good job in provoking it).

Many of them got thrown out, and we ended up watching the 3rd period in a luxury suite, courtesy of the very kind staff....

Point of the story - if you do go - don't be an idiot like me... and there aren't many hab fans there to protect you (at least not in the playoffs).

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 07:06 PM
emb24*

Quote:

Friday, 2/12 @ Flyers

Friday 4/2 @ Flyers

Tuesday 4/6 @ Islanders

Thanks everyone.
curious how many of you were at the game? where from?

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Point of the story - if you do go - don't be an idiot like me... and there aren't many hab fans there to protect you (at least not in the playoffs).
Well this worries me a little. I go to games with my girlfriend who is also a Habs fan and your type of situation is the last thing I'd want. Whether you provoked them or not, I normally don't just sit there and take a verbal beating, I respond a little usually, just not enough to get beers thrown on me, or at least from what I would think. Philadelphia fans can be ridiculous though so maybe this situation wouldn't be safe, especially if there likely won't be many Habs fans there...Maybe I ought to reconsider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
curious how many of you were at the game? where from?
I cannot speak of necessarily where from since I am living in New Jersey currently, but I believe a majority of the fans took buses down. There were a few sections with obvious groups in them, such as one in section 105 that was seemingly a high school field trip or something with all young teen kids. There was another in my section of all adults. They say it was a sell out, but I don't think every seat was filled, so I would say it was maybe 10,000 Devils fans and 5,000 Habs fans. Maybe. I'm bad at such estimates.