HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes @ Capitals (01/23/10)

Old
01-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chootoi View Post
It's just skill over will tonight. We have the will, but they have the skill.

We're battling, but you can tell the offense just isn't there. Guys are hesitant to shoot and when they do it's blocked or tipped, passes are either in the feet or 10 feet out of reach. You can't generate any kind of rush with such sloppy play going up ice. The only time we can sustain any type of pressure is when we are on the powerplay, and even that is laughable.

If they want a chance at a point (or 2) tonight they're going to have to break their 1-2-2 shell game and take some chances with defensemen jumping into the play, and rely on Bryz to come up big if needed in the 3rd.
It's not helping that the Capitals are blocking the shooting lanes very well. Coyotes were held without a shot on goal for part of the second.

Coyotes are not playing well on defense either.

Old
01-23-2010, 08:12 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

vCash: 500
Totally rotten play by Lepisto

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 08:18 PM
Chootoi

How about that left hook by Turnoverovski?

Guy thinks he's ****ing Hacksaw Jim Duggan lately.

Chootoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Chootoi

Why is it that Shane Doan can't decide what he's going to do on a breakaway until he's crashed through the zamboni entrance?

Remember when he won that shootout competition at the all star game? How the christ did that happen?

Old
01-23-2010, 08:27 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Sometimes I wonder if the Coyotes would just be better off leaving Bryz in net. They seem to freak out when it's empty.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 08:32 PM
diceone

LOL Ovechkin cherrypicks so he can pad his stats. Classy.

diceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Chootoi

LOL at Ovechkin with a smoke signal at the far blueline.

"Hey guys I'm open! GUYS! Down Here! Just Fedex that puck this way!"

Valiant effort tonight Yotes. Sometimes you just get beat.

Old
01-23-2010, 08:36 PM
SkinsFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceone View Post
LOL Ovechkin cherrypicks so he can pad his stats. Classy.

I'm pretty sure it was to close out the game but if that's how you see it so be it.

"Classy"...this is a professional league, it's not like he even celebrated after it. All I see is whining. Anyways, good game. Was a close one.

SkinsFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 08:37 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Heck of a flury put up by the Yotes in the last 2 minutes. Don't understand why Ovie is picking that deep for the empty netter given the game situation though.

Old
01-23-2010, 08:38 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Why is it that Shane Doan can't decide what he's going to do on a breakaway until he's crashed through the zamboni entrance?

Remember when he won that shootout competition at the all star game? How the christ did that happen?
I have that same thought ALL THE TIME!!!

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Chootoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
Heck of a flury put up by the Yotes in the last 2 minutes. Don't understand why Ovie is picking that deep for the empty netter given the game situation though.
It's really not a bad idea. Have a guy hang out at center ice and just air mail it out to him. If he catches the pass its game over. Even if he misses he'll still beat out the icing and kill valuable time. I'm actually a little surprised more team don't do this.

It was just hilarious to see how far away he was. The camera had to pan for like 2 seconds just to catch up with him.

Old
01-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFan09 View Post

I'm pretty sure it was to close out the game but if that's how you see it so be it.

"Classy"...this is a professional league, it's not like he even celebrated after it. All I see is whining. Anyways, good game. Was a close one.
Seeing that your name says skins fan I take it you jumped on the Ovie bandwagon?

Coyotes have the right to be upset, especially with what we went through over the years.
Losses like this is going to hurt us more as there is so much at steak not only for getting into the playoffs but also for the teams future in Arizona.

Let's see Washington have that great attendance without Ovie.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 08:48 PM
jmichael7753

Ovechkin is the most classless player in the nhl so what do u guys expect.

jmichael7753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Too many penalty's and no goals on the PP cost us.
Not even another fight in the game.
I'm not expecting much vs Detroit.
Have a good night everyone.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 08:56 PM
GophersGoneWild
Was MN_Hockey_in_AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
Seeing that your name says skins fan I take it you jumped on the Ovie bandwagon?

Coyotes have the right to be upset, especially with what we went through over the years.
Losses like this is going to hurt us more as there is so much at steak not only for getting into the playoffs but also for the teams future in Arizona.

Posted via Mobile Device
What does this have to do with anything? I still say it's not Ovechkin...it's more about winning. Look at Kovey in ATL-all-world player and their attendance is still crap. If WSH had Ovie but were a borderline playoff team fan support wouldn't be anywhere near where it is right now. Just like if Phoenix were to get a dynamic player like that fans wouldn't immediately show up unless wins and playoff wins started coming.
Posted via Mobile Device

GophersGoneWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 09:03 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

I missed the game but Mueller looked really good just looking from the highlights...

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 09:15 PM
SkinsFan09

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device
What does Ovechkin have ot do with anything I said. All I'm saying is stop whining that he went down to finish the game on an EN Goal. I'm SkinsFan because I'm a D.C. sports fan, I've been watching the Caps since the days of Hunter, Bondra and Olie.

SkinsFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Matzel

Send a message via MSN to Matzel
Quote:
Mmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... STEAK!

Matzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 09:32 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
It's really not a bad idea. Have a guy hang out at center ice and just air mail it out to him. If he catches the pass its game over. Even if he misses he'll still beat out the icing and kill valuable time. I'm actually a little surprised more team don't do this.

It was just hilarious to see how far away he was. The camera had to pan for like 2 seconds just to catch up with him.
There's less than 10 seconds left in the game. Couldn't tell exactly when Ovie released due to the camera angles, but it had to have been well before he could be confident the Caps would gain control of the puck in their own defensive zone. If there's a minute or two left in the game I might look at it differently, but at that point in the game all you need to do is control the puck and/or get it out of the zone to win.

Ovie scoring the empty netter added almost nothing to the Caps odds to win the game. If Phoenix had won control of the puck at the end and scored it would have originated from the blueline zone he's responsible for defensively. Guess I just look at it as the potential negative downside outweighs the upside in that situation.

Old
01-23-2010, 09:44 PM
Llewzaher

Did you guys see the move Korpikoski pulled on Ovi to almost get the hattrick ? That was incredible , had he scored there would have been some highlight reel talk ... Why can't he play like that all the time ?
I don't know how old that guys is ...but if coaches can harness that and get him to play like that all the time , we might have a diamond in the rough ...The announcers thought it reminded them of Gaborik

Llewzaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 09:47 PM
indczn

Caps got control of the puck when Ovie laid a crosscheck on someone, afterwards he went to center ice. Oh well, the empty netter had no effect on the game.

Our lack of anything on the powerplay cost us, along with giving up 2 PP goals.

indczn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 09:47 PM
52G228PIM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matzel View Post
Mmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... STEAK!
OK you got me, I laughed at that for some reason..

52G228PIM* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 09:49 PM
txpd

I am not here to rub it in, but thought I would offer. The angle on the Washington broadcast replay showed Ovechkin inside his blue line marking the point man when Semin got control of the puck.

He didnt blow the zone while the opposition had the puck. The reaction was the same on the Caps board, til they showed the replay and then it was like....Oh.....I see. Also Boudreau's direction to these players is to score the EN and finish the game. Thats why Ovechkin and Semin and Green are all on the ice in the last minute like that.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

I think it was easy to see which team is better. We fought hard all the way through, can't complain when you play the Capitals. All I can say is that when you play against the #1 Powerplay in the league, you got to lay off the penalties. And while our PP was lousy, I thought that the Caps did a nice job on the PK. The Caps fans that I was chatting with in Game Center said that as of late, their PK is a lot better than what the rankings show.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Matzel

Send a message via MSN to Matzel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
The Caps fans that I was chatting with in Game Center said that as of late, their PK is a lot better than what the rankings show.
The Caps' PP is ranked #1 in the league (26%). No other team has scored as many PP goals (51) as Washington. How can the powerplay be much better than the rankings?

Matzel is offline   Reply With Quote