HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Horton to miss "extensive time"?

Old
01-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Montsy14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeVision View Post
Damn, I've got to say, seeing Horton out there in OT trying to play with a broken leg...I don't know how anyone can say he doesn't give it his all.
He didn't play in OT, but I do agree we have seen a pretty significant change in his effort level this season.

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 11:35 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
What do you mean? This pretty much guarantees us a lottery pick.
I don't know, this team plays well under a lot of adversity. If DeBoer is smart, then Repik is called up to replace him. Put him on the top line, see how he responds.

With the way things go for us, we'll probably lose a couple of key guys in the next few games so we'll need even more call-ups, but we'll somehow find a way to win, and then when all the regulars return just in time for the push, we start sucking again.

Ahhhh the life of a Panther fan, so predictable.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 11:36 AM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
He didn't play in OT, but I do agree we have seen a pretty significant change in his effort level this season.
He was out there for a faceoff, but then promptly went to the bench.

StrangeVision is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthiasitchy View Post
I don't know, this team plays well under a lot of adversity. If DeBoer is smart, then Repik is called up to replace him. Put him on the top line, see how he responds.

With the way things go for us, we'll probably lose a couple of key guys in the next few games so we'll need even more call-ups, but we'll somehow find a way to win, and then when all the regulars return just in time for the push, we start sucking again.

Ahhhh the life of a Panther fan, so predictable.
Idk, IMO we are finished now. I guess we'll see though.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Mogo
#GameOver

vCash: 814
Either make a big trade or tank the season. Sell off everything worth selling and get some picks.

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
What do you mean? This pretty much guarantees us a lottery pick.
What I'm saying is all these stupid 3 game win streaks are screwing us out of the #1 or #2 pick. Worthless this team.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 01:01 PM
catEye
Oh No! We suck again

this is lovely. Watch now how they put together another meaningless 3 winning streak with 4 goals per game.

catEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Panthers/Leafs fan

Silver linging: You're going to get a good look at some youth. You're going to get a good look at your team. Like PDB said: It is what it is.

Sinder wrote:

Quote:
Not going to happen

Teams don't trade during the season, can't believe that some people are still hoping for a trade.

I read an interesting interview with Burke , the Leafs GM about this. He said essentially the same thing Sinder did, and thought it was stupid. (paraphrasing) 'At the trade deadline, people will give you a second round choice for a guy, but they won't do it earlier--which is stupid, because they could have had the services of that player for a full month, and perhaps make the playoffs as a result, if they did make a move.

Panthers/Leafs fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Erick*

I agree with what someone else said. Knowing this team they might just play well now, and then do terribly when Horton and Booth comeback. Who knows? This sucks though; we really have no offense now. And he was hurt by a teammate

Can we at least stop hurting ourselves?

Erick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
What I'm saying is all these stupid 3 game win streaks are screwing us out of the #1 or #2 pick. Worthless this team.
Well yeah, but I certainly won't complain about getting the #3 or 4 pick. Plus, the #1 team isn't guaranteed the #1 pick either, although they have the best %.

Old
01-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Panthers/Leafs fan

Who said this team lacks toughness? That's three guys we've put out!

Old
01-23-2010, 01:21 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

No Booth, now no Horton. Those are our 2 big offensive guys. This team needs to make a big trade, NOW!!!!. You cant replace their offensive by calling up guys. Forget the deadline, something needs to be done ASAP. There is no chance we make the playoffs without Booth AND Horton.

There is seriously something wrong with this franchise. The injury bug that always hits this team is beyond me. Here is the perfect chance for the new owners to prove they arent full of **** like we've all been told before. They keep saying they want to win and that things will change, but a big move needs to be made now.

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 01:28 PM
Erick*

May I ask what the lines are going to look like now? We have to be the weakest looking offensive team in the NHL, at the moment, without a doubt.

Old
01-23-2010, 01:40 PM
RainingRats

4-6 weeks means he'll be back March 3. That is 10 games he'll be missing. We're screwed.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Panthers/Leafs fan

What I find interesting is that Panthers management feels that--because of the Olympics break--Horton's only going to miss ten games.

But at the same time, they admit that getting scoring from lines other than the first is a real issue.

So, Booth out.
Horton out.
Weiss still not 100%.
Frolik hasn't been going good for quite a while.

If secondary scoring is such an issue, and they recognize it's an issue--why not do something about it?

Old
01-23-2010, 01:55 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers/Leafs fan View Post
What I find interesting is that Panthers management feels that--because of the Olympics break--Horton's only going to miss ten games.

But at the same time, they admit that getting scoring from lines other than the first is a real issue.

So, Booth out.
Horton out.
Weiss still not 100%.

If secondary scoring is such an issue, and they recognize it's an issue--why not do something about it?
There really isn't anything we can do about it. Maybe acquire a player who is underperforming and hope he turns it around but there isn't an easy fix. We just have to hope some guys get hot and go on a streak while NH is gone.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Yeah, it's been said before but I'll repeat, we cannot make a big trade right now because we can't take on salary. If you bring in a big money player that means you have to ship one out. That's been the problem in the league ever since the lockout. There are no big trades during the season anymore. Maybe you get 1-2 a year if you're lucky.

This team would be crazy to give up future assets to bring in a big player at this point in the position we're in. We will ride it out and see where we are come the Olympics. Like GR said, if we're out of it which we probably will be, then we will be acquiring future assets not giving them up. Unless a miracle happens, it's time to look to next year. Our already questionable playoff status just took a big blow. We've gotta accept what's before us.

Old
01-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Erick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers/Leafs fan View Post

So, Booth out.
Horton out.
Weiss still not 100%.

There's really not much they can do.

By the way, the answer to my question is:
Stillman-Weiss-Frolik
Olesz-Reinprecht-Dvorak
Kreps-Moore-Campbell
McArdle-Matthias-Tarnasky

Those are some pretty ******** lines by DeBoer if it's true, but that's what dailyfaceoff.com has right now, and they're usually accurate. I'd assume those were the lines today for the morning skate or something.

Old
01-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
There's really not much they can do.

By the way, the answer to my question is:
Stillman-Weiss-Frolik
Olesz-Reinprecht-Dvorak
Kreps-Moore-Campbell
McArdle-Matthias-Tarnasky

Those are some pretty ******** lines by DeBoer if it's true, but that's what dailyfaceoff.com has right now, and they're usually accurate. I'd assume those were the lines today for the morning skate or something.
LOL, wow that's brutal.

Old
01-23-2010, 02:14 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Yeah, it's been said before but I'll repeat, we cannot make a big trade right now because we can't take on salary. If you bring in a big money player that means you have to ship one out. That's been the problem in the league ever since the lockout. There are no big trades during the season anymore. Maybe you get 1-2 a year if you're lucky.

This team would be crazy to give up future assets to bring in a big player at this point in the position we're in. We will ride it out and see where we are come the Olympics. Like GR said, if we're out of it which we probably will be, then we will be acquiring future assets not giving them up. Unless a miracle happens, it's time to look to next year. Our already questionable playoff status just took a big blow. We've gotta accept what's before us.
I agree.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 02:19 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:

spot on.

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 02:23 PM
handbanana
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Yeah, figured it'd turn out to be something bad. Never seen Horton squirm around that much for something that'd only leave a bruise.

handbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 03:27 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
It's true. We're not good enough to be a top 8 team in the east, but we manage to put together enough mini-hot streaks to not be in the bottom 5 either. If you look at some of the best teams they've used their "off" year(s) well - Washington drafted Ovy, Semin, & Backstrom, Pitt has you know who, Chicago has oodles of young talent, etc. We've gotten some good players, yes, but we don't have any big difference makers let alone franchise players. Every other team in our division has a franchise or game-changer type player but us, and heck some of them have a couple (Washington & Tampa now with Stamkos erupting).

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Mogo
#GameOver

vCash: 814
I could see us landing #1 overall because there is no franchise player at #1.

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 03:40 PM
Erick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
I could see us landing #1 overall because there is no franchise player at #1.
Hall?