HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings v. Winged Maggots: **** YEAH!! THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2010, 09:53 PM
  #126
bland
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
I've been noticing his sly little mean cross-checks to the lower back more and more over the last several games. My friend and I keep pointing it out.

I love it, but he's only going to get away with it this much for so long.
I think SLang was referring to the two-hander Doughty gave Vanek right after he nudged him down. I'm not certain, but I don't think Vanek played more than a shift or two after that - you could see the grimace on his face after the goal.

bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 10:31 PM
  #127
Bandit
Registered User
 
Bandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 7,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
Both Modry and Stumpel were fine players, but they were ripped on by an extremely uninformed portion of the fan base.
I disagree. They were ripped on for being asked to play in situations that were well beyond their abilities.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 11:43 PM
  #128
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 50,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
I disagree. They were ripped on for being asked to play in situations that were well beyond their abilities.
And I mean come on... Modry.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 01:37 AM
  #129
bland
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
I disagree. They were ripped on for being asked to play in situations that were well beyond their abilities.
This is exactly what I was getting at - its the same reason the same crowd comes up with the "Fro-loaf" kneeslappers - they think that because this depleted organization gave them first line minutes that they were supposed to perform above their abilities to the level of league-wide first liners or pairings. They blame the players instead of accepting and appreciating what they brought, which was pretty damn good hockey given the circumstances.

And Modry was NEVER as bad as those people made him out to be. Coincidentally, its the same crowd who was behind all that "JMFJ" stuff at the time of the trade...

bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 01:38 AM
  #130
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Modry definitely >>>>>> Jones. Actually had a little debate about that with Zad before the last home game against Buffalo, where he was finally scratched.

And Stumpel ruled. If you don't think so, clearly, you don't rule.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 01:42 AM
  #131
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
And Modry was NEVER as bad as those people made him out to be. Coincidentally, its the same crowd who was behind all that "JMFJ" stuff at the time of the trade...
The same people who made the What Would Avery Do? shirts?

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 01:57 AM
  #132
Bandit
Registered User
 
Bandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 7,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
This is exactly what I was getting at - its the same reason the same crowd comes up with the "Fro-loaf" kneeslappers - they think that because this depleted organization gave them first line minutes that they were supposed to perform above their abilities to the level of league-wide first liners or pairings. They blame the players instead of accepting and appreciating what they brought, which was pretty damn good hockey given the circumstances.
I dunno, I think for a lot of people the angst came from Management & ownership trying to sell the Stumpels and Modrys of the world as top flight talent. I mean, Eric Rasmussen? Steve Heinze? These dudes were touted as legit top six talent by the organization. Of course its not their fault that they weren't, but it was easier to blame the players than it was to say "stupid Taylor!" every time Stumpel lost a board battle or Heinze fell on his ass for no reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
And Modry was NEVER as bad as those people made him out to be. Coincidentally, its the same crowd who was behind all that "JMFJ" stuff at the time of the trade...
Maybe, but I partook of the "JMFJ" stuff because I was able to understand that it was just a joke (unlike a lot of people), but I didn't think Modry was anything more than a guy who was put in a situation that was over his head.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.