HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hockey Glove Question

Old
02-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Puckstop40
Registered Avs Fan

vCash: 500
Hockey Glove Question

Based on you experience, what is the best glove you have ever worn?
My Missions finnaly are at a point where they are unusable and need a new pair of gloves.

Puckstop40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 10:21 PM
RJC

interesting question, you are willing to buy gloves based on other peoples first hand experience? I think you should goto your LHS and get trying some on

RJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 10:50 PM
SouthpawTRK

If you are looking for a new pair of mitts, you might want to check out the following:

Warrior Pro Bully
Bauer 4 Roll
Eagle PPF's
Warrior Franchise

Hopefully, your LHS has some of these in stock for you to check out and try on. However, if you really like your Missions, there are definitely some good deals to be had on the web; dependent upon what model you had previously. Good luck with the search!

SouthpawTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 11:54 PM
Hockeyfan68

I have always liked CCM gloves the best and have not really tried out anything else until recently.

I bought a pair of Tour roller hockey gloves on eBay for a great deal and they were awesome, though supposedly made for roller hockey I used them for ice hockey and really do not see why they were tagged as being roller hockey gloves.

I had been slashed wearing them and hit with pucks and never felt anything different. For whatever reason they were made for roller hockey they were great for ice hockey and I was sad when they wore out too much to use anymore.

Right now I use Easton Stealth gloves and I really REALLY like them.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 03:24 AM
Maupin Fan
Hot Air

Depends on what kind of fit you like.

For people that like loose feeling gloves. Bauer or Nike Bauer 4 rolls are pretty much the standard. The backroll is really loose on the hands and they are really protective for the price point, having plastic inserts throughout the glove at only 90 dollars. Many high end gloves priced in the 120-150 range dont have plastic inserts in the gloves, such as my Eagle x70's.

If you like a tighter fit, the Bauer Vapor xxxx pros are really snug all over the hand and in the cuff and also have inserts and are around 120.

Personally, I ordered a pair of Eagle PPF + (14.5 in vs the standard 14 in) and they are the nicest gloves I've ever had. Super light, stay really dry and cool while playing, plastic inserts for protection and have a really mobile cuff which is important to me. If price is not an object, these are the way to go.

Maupin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 09:56 AM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstop40 View Post
Based on you experience, what is the best glove you have ever worn?
My Missions finnaly are at a point where they are unusable and need a new pair of gloves.
I thought the Eagle X70's were really nice, I just didn't care for the loose fit and ended up selling them.

I've been really happy with my One70's and would probably go with Bauer's again.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 03:44 PM
jsykes

If you like loose, the Easton SE16 are even looser than the Bauer 4 rolls. I have the Eastons and really liked the fit, everyone talked about the 4 rolls so I found a pair locally and tried them on and they were much tighter in fit than the Eastons. I just ordered another set of Eastons to have since I like the way they fit so much.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 04:24 PM
CanadaBacon

If you can find them, try on some R8's. They are cheap as hell right now too

CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 06:45 PM
XweekendwarriorX

Bauer vapor XX. best glove i ever had. lasted me over 5 years. used in high school and junior. ripped the palms one day so i just got new ones but the palms lasted me forever the gloves i have now palms are already worn down and a small hole has formed and had them for 2 years.

XweekendwarriorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 04:03 PM
DogFoodEnforcer

i just bought a pair of bauer pro 4 rolls. hands down the best gloves ive ever worn. last night before our game my buddy grabbed them and tried them on, exclaimed how comfy they were, then put on his gloves and went

DogFoodEnforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 06:59 PM
WithOutPaperss

I like my Easton S5 or S7...I can't remember off the top of my head, but they feel great. My last pair of Eastons lasted like 4 years. They were great and I still like using them on outdoor rinks.

WithOutPaperss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Cams

I recently got a pair of Bauer (NBH) 4 roll gloves. Very loose fitting, but I love them. Super protective, at a great price. I think I paid $75CDN at my LHS.

Cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 03:57 PM
HowToHockey

My favourites were Nike Quests with the lobster tail technology (thumb would move easily) I wore them for about 4 seasons until the palms wore out. I still have them and might get them repalmed.

I did buy a new pair, a cool pair of bauer gloves,don't know the exact model but they are good as well.

HowToHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 06:59 PM
SERE 24
LGR

I've had my share of gloves from Mission, Easton, Eagle and Bauer over the years.

In the recent past my favorite glove has been the Vapor XXXX Pro (nylon). I've owned the XXXXs in leather as well and don't like them nearly as much but the nylon XXXXs were absolutely awesome.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:27 PM
funserious

Been using RBK 10ks for a while now, love them.

funserious is offline   Reply With Quote