HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pacioretty and D'Agostini to Hamilton, Maxwell recalled

Old
01-24-2010, 06:28 PM
CuteHockeyBunny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Because Lucic is such a bastion of greatness this year
He's been injured twice. I would rather take Lucic with one arm, now, than Maxwell with 2 in his absolute prime.

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 06:32 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
I would switch Lapierre and Metro to improve our third line. But my guess is SK will play on the 2nd line, Darche on 3rd or 4th.
I like Darche on the 2nd line, i think he a "Holmstrom type" element to the Plekanec-Cammalleri line, getting those pucks in the corners and staying put in front of the net, even he said he's an ugly goal expert. Maxwell and Sergei played together in Hamilton, so we know there's chemistry there too, anyaways, JMO.

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Andy

Who ever wrote the "To Maxwell is a bust simply given the fact that he was drafted over Lucic" is the problem with habs fans.

How the **** is anyone supposed to succeed when you have dumb ***** who think this way and put a player down before he even hits the ice.

Honestly you guys are ****ing pathetic and know absolutley **** all about hockey. Please do the rest of this board and the team a favor and stop posting and watching hockey.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 06:36 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Who ever wrote the "To Maxwell is a bust simply given the fact that he was drafted over Lucic" is the problem with habs fans.

How the **** is anyone supposed to succeed when you have dumb ***** who think this way and put a player down before he even hits the ice.

Honestly you guys are ****ing pathetic and know absolutley **** all about hockey. Please do the rest of this board and the team a favor and stop posting and watching hockey.

Old
01-24-2010, 06:37 PM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 85
Wow, this weekend just got better. First Pacioretty down, now D'Agostini down! Bob reads these message boards.

Glad to see Maxwell get a chance.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 06:39 PM
willalong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
good 12 year old comeback....

willalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 06:39 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteHockeyBunny View Post
He's been injured twice. I would rather take Lucic with one arm, now, than Maxwell with 2 in his absolute prime.
Maxwell is 21 years old. How the hell can you determine he has no NHL future? Who knows if he won't be a PPG player in 4 years? (probably not, but you get my point. we have no idea how good an NHLer Maxwell can become at this point, and Lucic is no star or superstar. he's just big and completely crazy).

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 06:40 PM
Djeez
Fower Porward

I didn't get a chance to watch Darche play. Is he a good enough fit for the Pleks line? Because I'm a believer of SK with Pleks and Camm, until AK is back.

Also, will be awesome to see Maxwell. Will be a nice preview before next season.

Djeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 06:43 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by willalong View Post
good 12 year old comeback....
comeback form what? I'm supporting his frustration on that idiotic comment...

edit: on that one to be exact

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteHockeyBunny View Post
Oh Maxwell. You're technically a bust for me because of Lucic. Hope you shine in the big league.

Old
01-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Maxwell is 21 years old. How the hell can you determine he has no NHL future? Who knows if he won't be a PPG player in 4 years? (probably not, but you get my point. we have no idea how good an NHLer Maxwell can become at this point, and Lucic is no star or superstar. he's just big and completely crazy).
It's the same people who blame Andrei Kostitsyn for getting drafted 10th overall in a deep draft and hate him because of it.

It's also the same people who hate Price because Gainey loves him.

The problem in Montreal. The habs are not a hockey team, they are a brand. It's cool to like the Canadiens because everyone else likes them. It's like like those people who wear Ed Hardey clothing. It has to be the ugliest, loudest and most obnoxious clothing I have ever seen, but people wear because it's "cool"

The Montreal Canadiens don't have any intrinsic value anymore, people like it because it's cool. Half the people in the Bell Center are there because they wanna tell others they went to a habs game.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 06:52 PM
linp

The D'Agostini case is similar to Lat. case. They both has special skill that could be successful in the NHL. The difference is that Lat. didn't want to play in Montreal while D'Agostini suffered a damaged brain. The stress playing in the big club will not allow D'Agostini's brain to relax. Now that he has two weeks away from the high tension, it will be good for his well being and his hockey carrier. I wish him good luck and come back 100%.

linp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 06:56 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by linp View Post
The D'Agostini case is similar to Lat. case. They both has special skill that could be successful in the NHL. The difference is that Lat. didn't want to play in Montreal while D'Agostini suffered a damaged brain. The stress playing in the big club will not allow D'Agostini's brain to relax. Now that he has two weeks away from the high tension, it will be good for his well being and his hockey carrier. I wish him good luck and come back 100%.
Thats probably the most sense I've read in this thread. I'm pretty much on the throw D'Agostini under the bus bandwagon but you might be right, perhaps the guy needs a break and was rushed back.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by linp View Post
I would add that D'Agostini has less NHL experience than Lat and that he will surely be back and be an asset. He has the tools and the skills to make it in this league. Wouldn't be the first player to go down only to come back and do very well. His sent down is on a temporary basis and cannot exceed 20 days.

Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
You rules the internet

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Just found out Maxwell was recalled, nice. I wanted to see him and Trotter with the team.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 07:17 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Wow! I'm so happy that we finally sent D'Ago down! The bad part is I don't know who to relentlessly bash now that he's gone

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 07:20 PM
smiler2729

The french media... they just plain SUCK. If he were french Canadian, they'd be all over the team for mismanaging him.

D'Agostini's on a TWO week conditioning stint, doesn't need to go through waivers for that.... betcha he's traded before he has to get the call back. He had his chance and failed.

smiler2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
It will be interesting to see who Maxwell will play with.

Cammalleri Plekanec SK
Pouliot Gomez Gionta
Lapierre Metropolit Moen
Bergeron Maxwell Darche

or

Cammalleri Plekanec Darche
Pouliot Gomez Gionta
SK Maxwell Lapierre
Bergeron Metropolit Moen

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 07:34 PM
habspinner

I see Maxwell has 22pts in his his 23 games since December, and is +8 during that time period.

I agree that Trotter must be asking what's a guy gotta do, but I'm sure that the team has a plan

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 08:01 PM
BulldogFever

Maxwell 2.0

Love it! There is no way that we'll be able to sign D'ago, Metro,Mara,Lapierre,Pouliot,Pleks, Price & Halak ( yes! he stays) and maybe Darche or Bergeron, with $11-12 million. ( or somebody gets moved to clear up cap) So we have to see what we have in the minors. Next year, barring any free agent signings and getting all of the above under contract, here's what we're looking at:

Cammalleri, Plekanec, AKost
Gionta, Gomez, Pouliot
Moen, Lapierre, SKost
?, ?, ?

Markov, Gill
Spacek, Hamrlik(maybe)
Gorges, O'Byrne
Last D. (Subban, Webber or Carle)

Price, Halak

I don't even want to try to do the math.

That leaves the following choices for the 4th line? Pyatt, White, Pacioretty, Maxwell, Trotter, Conboy, Desharnais - young and cheap. This is a big year for a lot of these players, time to step up.

BulldogFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Taupy

I like Trotter, he will have his chance one day. Maybe there is something behind the non-recall of Brock. I'm a big fan of the player, but there must be a reason why Boucher hasn't recommend him yet.

Now this is pure speculation, but remember that he left his NCAA team mid-way through the season, has anyone ever questioned his attitude of work ethic in Hamilton?

Taupy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 08:15 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredman View Post
For 2 weeks yes. If Darche answers the calls on the ice the same he's been doing for the next 2 weeks, I bet D'Ago will have to clear waivers in 2 weeks. Just like Stewart. And since this most teams will be in the race for a playoff spot by then, I don't see anybody picking him up.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 08:17 PM
BulldogFever

Don't give up on Maxwell yet!

He's a very good two-way center. 92 points in 119 games, +10. In 4 years we'll looking at:

Kristo Leblanc AKost
Gionta, Gomez, Cammalleri
White, Maxwell, SKost,
Pacioretty, Trotter, Avtsin, Fortier, Nattinen or Quailer

Markov, Subban
Gorges, O'Byrne
Weber, Carle, Fischer

Price, Halak

Or something close to it.

BulldogFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 08:20 PM