HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We're OFFICIALLY Playoff Bound Baby!!!

Old
01-24-2010, 12:25 PM
LA Kings Cup Champs

vCash: 500
We're OFFICIALLY Playoff Bound Baby!!!

Okay, after last nights BIG comeback win over the Wings, and to see us comeback from a huge early 2 goal deficit against a team that has had our number for a long, long time (16-1 in our last 17 meeting before tonight), and to see us, for the second game in a row, come together as a team to comeback and win, I am making it official. Aside from some unexpected and unheard of incident happening to the organization, I fully expect nothing less than the playoffs for this team this year.

With the emergence of players like Quick, Simmonds, Richardson and Parse we are showing the depth that is need from the bottom three lines that is required to not only make the playoffs, but then to be able to do some damage once we get there.

I fully expect to see the Kings in playoff hockey this April, and I hope to see you all there cheering this awesome team onto raising that glorious Cup come June.

Let's here it for the boys...hip, hip, hooray! Hip, hip, hooray! Hip, hip, hooray!!!

Last edited by LA Kings Cup Champs: 04-04-2010 at 05:28 PM.
LA Kings Cup Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
You are solely responsible if we don't make it now...

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 12:38 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

To add some stats to support your positivity.

The Kings are now at a season high in terms of % chance to make the playoffs according to sportsclubstats.com. They have an 86% chance of making the playoffs this season. That percentage is weighted, meaning it takes the Kings remaining game opponents into account, home ice advantage and prior record vs. those teams. It also assumes better team is also more likely to win.

Details here: http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Western.html

What's this all mean in terms of points? The Kings most likely scenario in their 31 remaining games is a record of 17-12-2. That would give the Kings 97 points, and virtually guarantee them a playoff spot. Obviously fewer points may be enough, but that would involve a bit more nail-biting.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 12:42 PM
SLang

We need to stay humble and remember that just making the post-season this year would make this a very successful season. If they make it out of the first round, that would just be gravy, and would make it an EXTREMELY successful season.

Walk first. Then run.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 12:59 PM
VictoryRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post

Walk first. Then run.

First step is walk.

Second step is don't be the 09/10 St. Louis Blues.

VictoryRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 01:06 PM
LA Kings Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
First step is walk.

No need to worry about that one. We've already been there and done that. We got rid of AM 4 years ago, so we got that one covered already.

LA Kings Cup Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
We need to stay humble and remember that just making the post-season this year would make this a very successful season. If they make it out of the first round, that would just be gravy, and would make it an EXTREMELY successful season.

Walk first. Then run.
I agree, but it's hard not to get excited about what might happen if we make it. We have some serious playoff warriors on this team, plus a bunch of guys who could be but haven't been given the chance yet...

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 01:27 PM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
I agree, but it's hard not to get excited about what might happen if we make it. We have some serious playoff warriors on this team, plus a bunch of guys who could be but haven't been given the chance yet...
Don't get me wrong...I'm excited about the prospect and was stoked last night! I think if we do make it we'll look back on last night as the game that was the turning point.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 02:24 PM
MxK1NGS

I hope you are right. I have a pretty nice feeling about the rest of the season. Tons of work still to be made. Big games coming in that could break the Kings or build em up higher.

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 03:00 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
First step is walk.

I hope the Kings have this one covered since they didn't load up on a bunch of vets in order to just make the playoffs.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
The countdown to life threatening depression has been initiated. . .

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 05:23 PM
JMFJ 3

This thread will provide multiple LOL's when we fail to qualify.

JMFJ 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 05:29 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

haha playoffs? whats that?

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 05:35 PM
SMoneyMonkey

Our guys aren't reserving golf park time yet, that's for sure. Just being this much in the race is a great thing for us. I'd love to make the playoffs but, it's all gravy at this point.

SMoneyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 05:59 PM
JCabranes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
The countdown to life threatening depression has been initiated. . .
ROFLMAO!!!

I have been a Kings fan for 34 years. I love this team. I have loved this team when a win... any win... was cause for celebration. My wife wonders why I'm not deliriously happy about this Kings team. The truth, I tell her, is that I am deliriously happy with this team... but I can't permit myself to show it.

105 points... early exit. Coming out of nowhere to beat the Oilers in the playoffs then losing to the Canucks in a series that wasn't even close. 99 points... first round exit at the hands of the hated (to me) Rangers. Ousting the Stanley Cup Champs 2 years in a row... and getting crushed in the next round. Beating Detroit in that miracle series... losing to the Avs in the next. The miracle of '93... falling just short. I say again, I love this team. I want nothing more than for these guys to make the playoffs and maybe make some noise. I can live with a first round exit this year... I understand that winning consistently is a process. I believe we are on the cusp of a decade or more of having a very good team... but I think I'm not alone amongst the older Kings fans when I say that when we have allowed ourselves to believe we have been crushed. So Cutty, I'm with you... I want so much to believe but as my excitement grows I'm also saving my pennies for the therapist in case that little voice in the back of my head which is reminding me of the past proves to be right.

JCabranes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 06:19 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Playoffs!?!?!?!?!? Playoffs!?!?!?!?!?

Though i do they will be be in good position if they go at least 6-4-0 in the last 10 before the break.

GO KINGS GO!!!!!

Last edited by KopitarFAN: 01-24-2010 at 06:35 PM.
KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Ollie Weeks

what have you done, you silly person.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Kings man 4 life

All I have to say is **** jinxes. Destiny> Any jinx.

Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 08:41 PM
yankeeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCabranes View Post
ROFLMAO!!!

I have been a Kings fan for 34 years. I love this team. I have loved this team when a win... any win... was cause for celebration. My wife wonders why I'm not deliriously happy about this Kings team. The truth, I tell her, is that I am deliriously happy with this team... but I can't permit myself to show it.

105 points... early exit. Coming out of nowhere to beat the Oilers in the playoffs then losing to the Canucks in a series that wasn't even close. 99 points... first round exit at the hands of the hated (to me) Rangers. Ousting the Stanley Cup Champs 2 years in a row... and getting crushed in the next round. Beating Detroit in that miracle series... losing to the Avs in the next. The miracle of '93... falling just short. I say again, I love this team. I want nothing more than for these guys to make the playoffs and maybe make some noise. I can live with a first round exit this year... I understand that winning consistently is a process. I believe we are on the cusp of a decade or more of having a very good team... but I think I'm not alone amongst the older Kings fans when I say that when we have allowed ourselves to believe we have been crushed. So Cutty, I'm with you... I want so much to believe but as my excitement grows I'm also saving my pennies for the therapist in case that little voice in the back of my head which is reminding me of the past proves to be right.
Yea alot of us are there with you, but the way the team has been playing even inthe losses gives me much hope....except for the san jose game we are in every game and play with both passion and hockey sense......this is the best time to be a kings fan in quite along time and thank the Lord the future looks bright, so hang in there and after this season ends in may sometime all the older long suffering fans should get together and tailgate the past away.....

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 08:53 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
If we don't make the playoffs, your a** is calamari, Greasy Squid.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 12:18 AM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

I wasn't going to post this til it was a done deal, but since we've already jinxed it to all hell...

...now if I only knew how to get a signature...

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 12:27 AM
Shellz

I will cry myself to happiness when we do.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 12:46 AM
ru4reals

Gosh it seems like it's been forever since we've made the playoffs. It would be absolutely GINORMOUS if we made it, but let's just see how we do on this road trip. I'll believe it when I see it. There's been false hopes before and I'm not gonna get to excited just yet. Although we haven't been this far in the playoff hunt in awhile so I'm keeping my hopes up for sure.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 12:46 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

ha ha

I noticed the title of the thread received a hopefully...the counter-jinx!

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 12:59 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
ha ha

I noticed the title of the thread received a hopefully...the counter-jinx!
That was me... as much as I love the spirit behind the post, the title wasn't factually correct. Not to mention I enjoy Greasy Squid's posts too much for him to be skewered if his prediction doesn't pan out (he probably will be regardless, but I did my part).

86% baby... we're close... 31 games to go! http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/W...fic/Kings.html

It'll hit 90% if we can win tomorrow. W00T.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote