HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#53 - 01.25.2010 | Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - VS. (HD)

Old
01-25-2010, 10:52 PM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Entry-level contracts are a beautiful thing.

I'm talking about guys who can produce at or above the level of their pay. Get rid of guys like Drury, Redden, and Rozsival and WHOA we can afford real talent!

Thanks for contributing to the discussion, smart***!
Point is that there's not a single team in the league that has three 90 points first liners and 70plus points wingers on the second line and a number of proven 20 goal scorers on the third. Well, Chicago to an extent, but this is the last year where this can be so and it takes quite a while of suckage to get Toews and Kane, and they have a number of established guys up front paid very little per year compared to their level (Hossa, Sharp, Versteeg a bit less so).

But of course, it is impossible to disagree that getting rid of the overpaid non-contributors is the only way Rangers become relevant.

Last edited by Tender Rip: 01-25-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 10:54 PM
EEL

>>>3

EEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
Ask "old time" Caps fans (if you can actually find any) what happened there. Leonsis took a competitive team and GUTTED it, and ran off Washington's hockey community. Wasn't last year's playoff all you need to know about the "fans" there now?

You really think the Rangers stay relevant in New York City if they skate 12 Glen Metropolits and lose 55 games for three years?
I don't care about relevant... Relevant will take care of itself with winning. You seem to b under the impression that building a hockey team is done with thirty years of squeaking into the playoffs and then getting ousted.

Doing that only gets the owners some more money... It's absolutely useless in building a real winner unless you've got a really good core of young talent in place that would gain experience.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 11:06 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

I don't understand why other teams fans come into our GDT's after they win. Is this a common occurrence on these boards?

I sure as hell don't go into other teams GDT's when we defeat them so can someone help me out here?

Bunch of Habs fans were in our GDT when we lost to them Saturday and now we got ****sburgh fans in here giving their 2 cents. I don't really care for the other teams fan's opinion especially right after a loss and it's annoying to sift through their posts in here.

/rant

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 11:13 PM
morffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
You know whats really sad... i find myself doing other things while the game is on and ive NEVER done that EVER. Im 30 years old and if i miss a single shift i get all pissy. Lately, I've been away from the TV at times and i dont understand that considering this team is still in a playoff spot. It doesnt make sense. Im not even happy when they score.

I'm just disenchanted.
same here ...my wife asked me if I am feeling sick because I didnt jump up and act like a maniac after a Rangers goal...cant rememebr the last time i hated a ranger team this much.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 11:13 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
ugh...that one hurt.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 11:15 PM
OverTheCap

The amazing Versus coverage missed this, but on Rangers Report, Lundqvist said that the 2nd goal was deflected in off of one of our pylons. He also took responsibility for the 3rd goal saying his positioning was bad.

The problem of goals deflecting in off of our players seems to have reared it's ugly head again. If our players are going to be standing in front of Henke, they better damn well be clearing a guy out of the crease.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 11:18 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

Quote:
Originally Posted by morffin View Post
same here ...my wife asked me if I am feeling sick because I didnt jump up and act like a maniac after a Rangers goal...cant rememebr the last time i hated a ranger team this much.
Funny, i too felt that way. When anisimov scored, I didn't even crack a smile. And when he scored again, still no reaction.

Usually, when the Rangers score I scream and jump up whether I'm at home or with friends. Lately i've had no emotion.

it's kind of scary actually, part of me wanted them to be shutout tonight because i'm sick of the status quo -- no heads seem to roll despite our record lately.

i dont even look forward to games anymore when i used to be going crazy in anticipation of an upcoming game. i find myself looking forward to baseball season more and more each day and i never ever feel that way during hockey season. its sad.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 11:20 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
The amazing Versus coverage missed this, but on Rangers Report, Lundqvist said that the 2nd goal was deflected in off of one of our pylons. He also took responsibility for the 3rd goal saying his positioning was bad.

The problem of goals deflecting in off of our players seems to have reared it's ugly head again. If our players are going to be standing in front of Henke, they better damn well be clearing a guy out of the crease.
His positioning may have been bad on the third goal, but Rozsival still left his man Connor wide open.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 11:21 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by There's only one 66 View Post
Point is that there's not a single team in the league that has three 90 points first liners and 70plus points wingers on the second line and a number of proven 20 goal scorers on the third. Well, Chicago to an extent, but this is the last year where this can be so and it takes quite a while of suckage to get Toews and Kane, and they have a number of established guys up front paid very little per year compared to their level (Hossa, Sharp, Versteeg a bit less so).

But of course, it is impossible to disagree that getting rid of the overpaid non-contributors is the only way Rangers become relevant.
Point taken.

I'm just sick and tired of this organization filling our goal-scoring needs with retreads and projects like Kotalik and Higgins.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 11:21 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:

Yeah, right after the second one, I posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Was that deflected off the defender again?
No one responded and they didn't mention it on TV, so I figured I was just seeing things. But it looked pretty clear to me that whoever it was that went down to block the shot caught a piece of it a redirected it higher by a good bit.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 11:27 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Maybe you guys didn't cheer when Anisimov scored his 2nd because you knew it wouldn't last long. It was all too perfect for the Rangers to be beating the Pens on Versus, cmon. It's truly incredible how Pittburgh just pulls this ******** out of their ass every game, even when Malkin and Crosby don't play well.

Gaborik had a very bad game tonight. I don't care if he doesn't score, because he is the only one capable, but he was a turnover machine tonight. Also took the penalty on Malkin, which I thought was 50% a makeup call after the goal.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 11:31 PM
morffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerichy35 View Post
hahah if not..................watch out because he might just speculate....................
just go stand somewhere else.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 11:41 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Maybe you guys didn't cheer when Anisimov scored his 2nd because you knew it wouldn't last long. It was all too perfect for the Rangers to be beating the Pens on Versus, cmon. It's truly incredible how Pittburgh just pulls this ******** out of their ass every game, even when Malkin and Crosby don't play well.

Gaborik had a very bad game tonight. I don't care if he doesn't score, because he is the only one capable, but he was a turnover machine tonight. Also took the penalty on Malkin, which I thought was 50% a makeup call after the goal.
I cheered. I want nothing more than for this kid to be great.

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 11:44 PM
skymachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
MSG looked way brighter back then. No shadows and spot lights.

Woo Hoo Mike York scores. Alright! Yes!
What game are they showing?? Probably more exciting than current Rangers.

skymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 12:19 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Tortorella post game is up on newyorkrangers.com

going to watch now.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 12:26 AM
Nick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Tortorella post game is up on newyorkrangers.com

going to watch now.
Last time they edited out the Brooks stuff on the website.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 12:32 AM
showjaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
No one responded and they didn't mention it on TV, so I figured I was just seeing things. But it looked pretty clear to me that whoever it was that went down to block the shot caught a piece of it a redirected it higher by a good bit.
It was Drury, and Hank looked at him and then looked up in the rafters cause he saw the original shot.

Looked like the shot was going low blocker side and deflected off of Drury's leg and went high glove.

showjaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 12:38 AM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
The sky is falling
Kudos on the great avatar. I noticed it a while ago, it really stands out. Cool.

It's got the white flag of surrender, and the soft pillowy clouds. Against the blue sky, which signifies hope.

Positively Ranger-ish.

trilobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 02:01 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey

http://www.insidehockey.com/columns/5705

Quote:
NEW YORK – Did Pittsburgh make the Rangers look worse than they really are, or did the Rangers make themselves look as bad as they really are?
I also wanted to pass along this stat I researched after the game:

Quote:
New York had myriad opportunities to put the game away, including a four-minute power play when Jordan Staal’s stick cut Vinny Prospal. But the Rangers power play, dormant for five weeks (7/68, 10.3% since Dec. 19), couldn’t capitalize.
Oh, and by the way, yes. That's the entire Tortorella press conference. He was very brief, and after a pause while reporters were writing down his last quote, he used that as an excuse to walk out.

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 05:00 AM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RothmanHockey View Post
Oh, and by the way, yes. That's the entire Tortorella press conference. He was very brief, and after a pause while reporters were writing down his last quote, he used that as an excuse to walk out.
I love the manic-depressive GDTs a lot. Better than the games some times.

A lot of poster bag on Brooks, but these other milk toast reporters should envy his cojones. What bland questions. You'd think they would probe a little more. Ask real questions the fans want an answered.

I'm indifferent to losses, not because of the higher draft position, but because I want it to get so bad that management gets held accountable. This is a very unlikeable (dis)organization. Has been for 10 years.

HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 07:04 AM
ThirdEye

Nice dose of reality this game was. Goalie ain't going to win you every single game. You should expect to score more than 2 goals against Pittsburgh to win

Ah well, some people will keep believing that this group of overpaid FA's and collection of players from the scrap heap will magically make the playoffs every year.

- by the way, despite not scoring for a whole month, Anisimov now has more goals than Drury

Last edited by ThirdEye: 01-26-2010 at 07:14 AM.
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 08:13 AM
pld459666

Quote:

The Malkin bomb was deflected off of Drury's shoulder when he went down to block the shot.

When they showed the replay you could see it.

I initially thought that that was a soft goal, but after seeing the replay, it was clear he couldn't do anything about it cause while it was re-directed somewhat, it really didn't lose any steam off the shot.

Lundqvist gave up 2 softies, both to Conner.

I want to *****and moan about the team losing last night, but I'm no longer emotionaly vested in this team.

There's just way to many things about this franchise (right now) that I really do not like and I'm now looking forward tot eh olympic break as well as the PO's so that I can enjoy watching some good hockey as opposed to what the NYR have been producing.

I could care less about them right now.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 08:17 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Lundqvist isnt going to play like playoff Patrick Roy every game. Goalies have bad games, Brodeur has had plenty in his time. Looking at the overarching season, Lundqvist has been one of the reasons this team is even competing for a playoff spot rather than sitting with the likes of Carolina.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 08:47 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I could care less about them right now.
Then why don't you just go root for aNOTHer team, huh? HUH?

Here's the thing about last night. The Pens are a better team by a country mile. Losing to them is to be expected. But it was their second game in two nights and they STILL outplayed the Rangers. One would think a tight-checking game the night before against the Flyers would reduce the disparity between the Blueshirts and Pens.

Aaaaaah, who am I kidding?

All is well.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote