HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dont think much of our monkey network

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2004, 02:51 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
Dont think much of our monkey network

I think it was that monkey on TSN (not Maggie) but Dan Pollard that predicted that the habs would finish 13th in the Eastern Conference. His comment was something like "THE HABS GOT GAINEY!!! But not much else" .

Also, Pierre McGuire was talking about how tough the Sharks D is. And he brought up Kyle McClaren and his crushing blow to Richard Zednik. ANYBODY WHO THROWS THEIR ELBOWPAD AT A GUY THE WAY MCCLAREN DID WOULD HAVE PRODUCED THE SAME RESULT. YOU DONT PROVE HOW TOUGH YOU ARE BY ELBOWING SOMEONE IN THE FACE. WAKE UP MCGUIRE!!!

I don't wanna dump on all the TSN guys but the good analysts on that network are few and far between.

So when the habs are ranked 8th in the tsn clown college power rankings, dont think much of it.

Old
04-22-2004, 02:58 PM
Mike8

I think McGuire's a good analyst.

You're right that the McLaren elbow on Zednik doesn't prove how tough he is, but it is a good representation of the mean game that McLaren plays. That's not to say McLaren's dirty, but he's willing and able to play a borderline game and punish the opposition. So I don't think this was entirely out of context in supporting McGuire's main point that the Sharks D is a tough one to play against.

Old
04-22-2004, 05:37 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8

You're right that the McLaren elbow on Zednik doesn't prove how tough he is, but it is a good representation of the mean game that McLaren plays. That's not to say McLaren's dirty, but he's willing and able to play a borderline game and punish the opposition. So I don't think this was entirely out of context in supporting McGuire's main point that the Sharks D is a tough one to play against.
McGuire often does no what he is talking about, i just hate his "i know everything" attitude.

If you know everything, why the h*ll aint you coaching???

My favourite guy is Bob Mackenzie. This guy is awsome. He is humble and honest, and never bias imo. Just tells you the way it is, and that it. Doesnt paint a different picture.

Long live Bob Mackenzie

Old
04-22-2004, 05:46 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Bob's tone of voice cracks me up I don't know why

Old
04-22-2004, 05:47 PM
toughstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8

I really appreciate McGuire's comments but it seems lately that I sense some hard feelings from him toward the habs. I also feel that he is not all that sincere in his comments.

Example:

On 1200 The Team (Ottawa) morning team show, he tells the guys that they should know where is heart lies when they talk of Toronto and Ottawa (meaning Ottawa)

On 990 The Team late afternoon show he tells the guys that they should know where is heart lies when they talk of Boston and Montreal (meaning Montreal)

Integrity and credibility is so important in that business. He should be more carefull.

Old
04-22-2004, 05:48 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
My favourite guy is Bob Mackenzie. This guy is awsome. He is humble and honest, and never bias imo. Just tells you the way it is, and that it. Doesnt paint a different picture.

Long live Bob Mackenzie
Plus he was the only one on TSN to pick the Habs against the Bs and then again against TB.

Old
04-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
Plus he was the only one on TSN to pick the Habs against the Bs and then again against TB.

Damn straight

Old
04-22-2004, 06:05 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
Pierre McGuire was talking about how tough the Sharks D is. And he brought up Kyle McClaren and his crushing blow to Richard Zednik. ANYBODY WHO THROWS THEIR ELBOWPAD AT A GUY THE WAY MCCLAREN DID WOULD HAVE PRODUCED THE SAME RESULT. YOU DONT PROVE HOW TOUGH YOU ARE BY ELBOWING SOMEONE IN THE FACE. WAKE UP MCGUIRE!!!
McGuire is still bitter in being passed over for the Habs job when Julien got it.

McGuire is very annoying whith his "Monster" and "Whammo" crap, truth be said I would rather listen to Don Cherry than McGuire and thats saying something.

EDIT* Did you hear what McKenzie said after McGuire's cooments on crushing someones head...he said he agreed that the San Jose D was good but not to the "Crushing of one's head"...something tells me that Bob gets annoyed with McGuire and his antics.

Last edited by RE-HABS: 04-22-2004 at 06:13 PM.
Old
04-22-2004, 07:38 PM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Aside from being hockey's best analyst, Bob McKenzie has also been a class act, posting on this board a while back to laugh at a mistake he made (I think he got Ribeiro's name wrong or something). He is terrific, and seems to be an all-around nice guy.

Females take note.

Lafleur liked my last comment.

Old
04-22-2004, 08:16 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisebois
Aside from being hockey's best analyst, Bob McKenzie has also been a class act, posting on this board a while back to laugh at a mistake he made (I think he got Ribeiro's name wrong or something). He is terrific, and seems to be an all-around nice guy.
Actually he said "Matt Higgins" instead of "Chris Higgins" live on T.V. when talking about Montreal's best prospects!

Old
04-22-2004, 08:26 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Didn't know Bob posted here, I like him, he's the only one I like over at TSN. What's his username?

Old
04-22-2004, 09:11 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
Didn't know Bob posted here, I like him, he's the only one I like over at TSN. What's his username?
Bob Mckenzie

No kidding.

Old
04-22-2004, 09:14 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Ah, never seen him post then.

Old
04-22-2004, 09:16 PM
Dutchy