HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sundstrom and Ward

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-21-2004, 02:46 PM
  #1
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,445
vCash: 700
Sundstrom and Ward

When these guys will be back ? We need them , Ward was a real sparkplug and Sundstrom is a nice secret weapon down the wire . They could take Dagenais and Juneau spot in the series vs Tampa Bay .

Also i hope Komisarek will stay in the line-up even if Quintal is ready , the bolts are just too fast for the veteran .

Team_Spirit is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 02:51 PM
  #2
Lewis63
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: A stick lenght away
Country: Canada
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
Habs are undefeated in the playoffs when Komisarek is in the lineup
I like both Ward and Sunny and hope that they both play in this series. Ward is a hell of a good PK and finishes his checks and Sundstrum could also help shutting down the boltz and he is faster and younger than juneau...But juneau does his job well...

what's the status on ward? neck injury but whta exactly?

Lewis63 is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 02:54 PM
  #3
Habber
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask.
Posts: 2,030
vCash: 500
Gazette (today or yesterday, can't remember which) said Ward was ahead of schedule and could be ready for Friday. Sundstrom I don't know about, but by the way they make it sound in the papers is that he has been ready to go, but just can't crack the lineup.

I really hope that Ward will be there, as we're going to need his physical presence. I don't think dressing Langdon will be as important in this series, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Sunny get into the lineup this series.

Habber is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 05:08 PM
  #4
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,445
vCash: 700
Yeah i think he as a feet injury , it's a shame he don't play he's twice the player Juneau is imo .

Team_Spirit is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 05:11 PM
  #5
MattScott
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 399
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MattScott
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Yeah i think he as a feet injury , it's a shame he don't play he's twice the player Juneau is imo .
Normally i'd agree, but all post season Juneau has been putting it on the line. Juneau is giving it 110 and laying some really good bodychecks. He's adapted better to that 4th line role then Sundstrom ever could, so I'd stick with JJ as long as his back holds up.

MattScott is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 05:12 PM
  #6
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
Gazette (today or yesterday, can't remember which) said Ward was ahead of schedule and could be ready for Friday. Sundstrom I don't know about, but by the way they make it sound in the papers is that he has been ready to go, but just can't crack the lineup.

I really hope that Ward will be there, as we're going to need his physical presence. I don't think dressing Langdon will be as important in this series, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Sunny get into the lineup this series.
Glad to hear Ward will be back. He adss more physical punch and size to our line up.

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 05:12 PM
  #7
EaGLE1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Yeah i think he as a feet injury , it's a shame he don't play he's twice the player Juneau is imo .
I thought Juneau was pretty good in the first round (really).
He is a good veteran. If he play under 10min, he is valuable but over that, it's no good. Remember the hit in the corner against Gill?

EaGLE1 is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 05:15 PM
  #8
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
I thought Juneau was pretty good in the first round (really).
He is a good veteran. If he play under 10min, he is valuable but over that, it's no good. Remember the hit in the corner against Gill?
I agree Juneau played very well with limited ice time. He even dished out some pretty good body checks.

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 05:19 PM
  #9
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,445
vCash: 700
Yes but when Begin injuried he had hard time fitting on the 3rd line and he wasen't on the ice for the Pk's somthing Sunny do very well .

Anyways Sundstrom is still on the IR according to TSN.ca

Key Injuries: D Stephane Quintal (upper body), LW Niklas Sundstrom (ankle).

Team_Spirit is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 05:49 PM
  #10
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,445
vCash: 700
RDS Update :

Sundstrom près d'un retour

Inactif tout au long de la série contre Boston en raison d'une blessure à la cheville , Niklas Sundstrom se rapproche d'un retour au jeu.

L'attaquant suédois a noté un grand progrès de son état de santé au terme de l'entraînement matinal. Il reste à savoir quand il fera son entrée dans la série contre le Lightning. Cela pourrait être vendredi, lors du premier affrontement.

"Sa blessure ne semblait pas guérir à un moment donné et elle semble reprendre du mieux dans les derniers jours. On est sur la bonne voie présentement et on risque peut-être de le voir dans le premier match."

Team_Spirit is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 05:52 PM
  #11
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
RDS Update :

Sundstrom près d'un retour

Inactif tout au long de la série contre Boston en raison d'une blessure à la cheville , Niklas Sundstrom se rapproche d'un retour au jeu.

L'attaquant suédois a noté un grand progrès de son état de santé au terme de l'entraînement matinal. Il reste à savoir quand il fera son entrée dans la série contre le Lightning. Cela pourrait être vendredi, lors du premier affrontement.

"Sa blessure ne semblait pas guérir à un moment donné et elle semble reprendre du mieux dans les derniers jours. On est sur la bonne voie présentement et on risque peut-être de le voir dans le premier match."
Sorry, could someone translate this please.

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 05:55 PM
  #12
velimiiro
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Sorry, could someone translate this please.
Sundstrom is close to returing to the habs lineup.

So close that he might play Friday!

velimiiro is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 06:02 PM
  #13
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by velimiiro
Sundstrom is close to returing to the habs lineup.

So close that he might play Friday!
Awsome, you just made my day. We need his speed and his defensive play against the lightning.

Zednik, Koivu, Kovalev
Sunny, Ribs, Ryder
Bulis, Dowd, Ward
Langdon, Begin, Juneau

I hope its something like that. Or take out Landgon and put sunny there, and put Perreault on the second line untill he gets cold.

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 06:06 PM
  #14
velimiiro
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Awsome, you just made my day. We need his speed and his defensive play against the lightning.

Zednik, Koivu, Kovalev
Sunny, Ribs, Ryder
Bulis, Dowd, Ward
Langdon, Begin, Juneau

I hope its something like that. Or take out Landgon and put sunny there, and put Perreault on the second line untill he gets cold.
Not too shabby a lineup, seriously... i'm happy with this team.

I also agree Sundstrom would have to rotate with Langdon depending on what tbay is like...

velimiiro is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 06:11 PM
  #15
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by velimiiro
Not too shabby a lineup, seriously... i'm happy with this team.

I also agree Sundstrom would have to rotate with Langdon depending on what tbay is like...
Same here Vel, i couldnt have asked for a better season. Of course expectations are much higher now, but thats normal with any team that gets passed the first round. Im sure Calagary fans feel the same way about their team.

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 06:37 PM
  #16
Le depisteur
Registered User
 
Le depisteur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Québec
Posts: 3,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Awsome, you just made my day. We need his speed and his defensive play against the lightning.

Zednik, Koivu, Kovalev
Sunny, Ribs, Ryder
Bulis, Dowd, Ward
Langdon, Begin, Juneau

I hope its something like that. Or take out Landgon and put sunny there, and put Perreault on the second line untill he gets cold.
Perreault must absolutely play... then, if we put Ward and Sundstrom on the lineup, Dagenais and Langdon are OUT... though decision... Here's my best possible lineup:

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev
Perreault - Ribeiro - Ryder
Bulis - Dowd - Sundstrom
Bégin - Juneau - Ward

Le depisteur is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 06:41 PM
  #17
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur
Perreault must absolutely play... then, if we put Ward and Sundstrom on the lineup, Dagenais and Langdon are OUT... though decision... Here's my best possible lineup:

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev
Perreault - Ribeiro - Ryder
Bulis - Dowd - Sundstrom
Bégin - Juneau - Ward
Thats a good line up, i like it!

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 09:04 PM
  #18
Brett38
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 786
vCash: 500
I agree with Mooch. That line-up seems about right. Langdon will definately get his chance to play a game or two in this series as will Dagenais. I do think they should wait it out first. Perreault(sp) needs to play.

Brett38 is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 09:54 PM
  #19
MattyP626
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto :(
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev
Perreault - Ribeiro - Ryder
Bulis - Dowd - Sundstrom
Bégin - Juneau - Ward


I really like this line up but maybe switching Ward with Sunny cuz that line had pretty good chemistry before Wards injury.

MattyP626 is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 10:10 PM
  #20
HabsBaby18*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Brossard
Posts: 1,132
vCash: 500
Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev
Perreault - Ribeiro - Ryder
Bulis - Juneau- Sundstrom
Bégin - Dowd - Ward



Begin - Dowd - Ward

HabsBaby18* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.