HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Trade Deadline 2010 Discussion/Proposal Thread

View Poll Results: Would you trade Markov for Kovalchuk?
Oh yes! Bring Kovy to MTL!!! 11 18.97%
NO WAY, Markov is untouchable. 47 81.03%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Reading on TSN that Keith Tkachuk could be available come deadline time. I know he's old and past his prime, but he brings size 6'2 232, playoff experience, and still enough scoring ability to make a good fit on the third line, and a nice top 6 fill-in when needed. He probably will cost about what Bill Guerin cost the Penguins last year, a conditional pick (ended up being a 3rd).

All we talk about is getting a scoring forward with size--well here's one right here, and he wouldn't cost that much. Don't get me wrong, i love the effort from all the kids coming up, but when push comes to shove we'll need some size and experience for the playoffs. I think we should push hard for this.
I never really liked Keith as a player and to be honest I wouldn't move any of our picks for him,I'm sure the Blues will want something good in return,I'd stay away

Old
02-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
????heh!

Glen Metropolit , if he was so much an asset, Philly wouldnt have put him on waivers.

You thinking is WRONG. sorry.
Metropolit is a 4th liner, chips in a few goals. Phillie was in cap trouble so they dumped him.

What's WRONG about my thinking?

Quote:
not it isnt wrong....he was on waivers..

the fact he was on waivers said everyone else on the team was better at the time ......right or wrong?

we got no compaint in Montreal do we?Metro done well for us .

how did Briere end up in Buffalo?

How did Steve Begin end up in Montreal?

anyway the poster who said because a player is being scratch , he must be useless ,that isnt the case.

Latendresse was scratched in Montreal , he will have 30 goals in Minny .

what does that say?
For every good player that goes on waivers there are 100 that are crap. The exception doesn't make the rule.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-11-2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Merge
Old
02-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROEN View Post
For those of you who have twitter I've started checking out this dude since the Habs had called the PC for Gainey's removal

He's pretty on the dot with allot of stuff ! YMMV

http://twitter.com/puckrumors
hey Roen...the last twitter says Rags too Segalll...not according to this

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=737524

Old
02-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I never really liked Keith as a player and to be honest I wouldn't move any of our picks for him,I'm sure the Blues will want something good in return,I'd stay away
As a person? Bad attitude? Bad in the dressing room? Seems like a trooper to me.

Old
02-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Metropolit is a 4th liner, chips in a few goals. Phillie was in cap trouble so they dumped him.

What's WRONG about my thinking?
Metro is a 4th liner?

8 power play goals.

again last year Ryan Potulny was on Waivers...at the time i wanted to claim him.....i got the same thing from most on here(your dumb for wanting him)
how many guys on out team got 13 goals this year? in 42 games.....
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=3551

i wanted to sign Afinaganov...(same thing your dumb , he is crap most said)....
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=725

i wanted Prospal when Tampa bought him out ...same thing(not good enough for Montreal,your dumb )
http://rangers.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8459492

Now here i am wanting Artyukhin.......maybe im right .......again

Old
02-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
As a person? Bad attitude? Bad in the dressing room? Seems like a trooper to me.
Well I don't know but I was simply saying as a player,I don't know why just never liked him.Atlanta payed a lot couple of years ago for him,I don't think it will take as much to get him this year but I personally wouldn't move much for him.I would love to see Gauthier pull a deal with the Leafs and get Ponikarovski

Quote:
Metro is a 4th liner?

8 power play goals.

again last year Ryan Potulny was on Waivers...at the time i wanted to claim him.....i got the same thing from most on here(your dumb for wanting him)

i wanted Prospal when Tampa bought him out ...same thing(not good enough for Montreal,your dumb )

Potulny would have been a great pick up,but to be honest we don't have a Kovalchuk or Gaborik for those players to play with and rack up points,not saying they are bad players but I'm not sure they would have the same offensive numbers here.Also Afinogevov playing in this defensive role under Martin not sure he would be flying and Prospal for some weird reason just loves Tortorella

Old
02-11-2010, 12:24 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROEN View Post
For those of you who have twitter I've started checking out this dude since the Habs had called the PC for Gainey's removal

He's pretty on the dot with allot of stuff ! YMMV

http://twitter.com/puckrumors
The first tweet I see is about the Rangers claiming Brandon Segal off waivers. According to Bob McKenzie's Twitter, it was actually Dallas that claimed him. So...yeah.

Old
02-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Metro is a 4th liner?

8 power play goals.

You were obviously wrong on Atukhin as he's doing squat this year.

Old
02-11-2010, 12:29 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
In all fairness Artyukhin/doug mackenzie, you want us to pick up every player who ever goes on waivers or is a healthy scratch. It's only logical that a few of them will pan out. How's Chris Chelios doing these days?

Old
02-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Well I don't know but I was simply saying as a player,I don't know why just never liked him.Atlanta payed a lot couple of years ago for him,I don't think it will take as much to get him this year but I personally wouldn't move much for him.I would love to see Gauthier pull a deal with the Leafs and get Ponikarovski

Potulny would have been a great pick up,but to be honest we don't have a Kovalchuk or Gaborik for those players to play with and rack up points,not saying they are bad players but I'm not sure they would have the same offensive numbers here.Also Afinogevov playing in this defensive role under Martin not sure he would be flying and Prospal for some weird reason just loves Tortorella
come on now, go loook at our stats.....lines 3 and 4 ......

If Afinaganov or Prospal scored HALF here, it a 5 times UPGRADE .

my whole point being is to the poster trying to write players off , because they have been scratched, waived or told told by thier former team they are not wanted , it not always smart to label the player and right it off.

I see "potential" to use Arthyukin in Montreal(we lack size and hitting)(<<<this will come back to bite us in the arse in the playoffs.......

it costs very little to beef up in the dept .....its a low risk move...

Old
02-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Well yeah i'd prefer Ponikarovski too, but i assume there will a bidding war with too many teams on him. Still, i'd definitely be interested in getting him, especially if he goes for about what Antropov received last year, which was a 2009 2nd rounder and a 2010 conditional pick.

Old
02-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
come on now, go loook at our stats.....lines 3 and 4 ......

If Afinaganov or Prospal scored HALF here, it a 5 times UPGRADE .

my whole point being is to the poster trying to write players off , because they have been scratched, waived or told told by thier former team they are not wanted , it not always smart to label the player and right it off.

I see "potential" to use Arthyukin in Montreal(we lack size and hitting)(<<<this will come back to bite us in the arse in the playoffs.......

it costs very little to beef up in the dept .....its a low risk move...
Hits alone are useless. Artukhin will hit somebody, take the puck, then give it back.

Old
02-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Hits alone are useless. Artukhin will hit somebody, take the puck, then give it back.
Not sure Tanguay agrees with you

Old
02-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
In all fairness Artyukhin/doug mackenzie, you want us to pick up every player who ever goes on waivers or is a healthy scratch. It's only logical that a few of them will pan out. How's Chris Chelios doing these days?
thats not true.....i dont want to sign all waiver guys.....

and Cheli could already be in the NHL, he turned down teams.

his recent DUI doesnt help much.

but overall he is doing great in the AHL , you see his points?

NOW go loook at how many Weber got for us when called up .....

could Cheli played on our blueline?? YES,Cheli TODAY is better than Weber!

I wanted to trade for ANTON Babchuck rights...why??? INCASE our powerplayman went down...most said to weak on defense...LOLOLOL then said we gotr lots of PP guys...and told me i was dumb for saying to trade for him....

WHAT HAPPENED? MARKOV out first game of the season......

then we sign Bergeron(weak as Babchuck on d????? i dunno why was he on forward?)...now HE IS GONE ....

say what ya like.

Old
02-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
thats not true.....i dont want to sign all waiver guys.....

and Cheli could already be in the NHL, he turned down teams.

his recent DUI doesnt help much.

but overall he is doing great in the AHL , you see his points?

NOW go loook at how many Weber got for us when called up .....

could Cheli played on our blueline?? YES,Cheli TODAY is better than Weber!

I wanted to trade for ANTON Babchuck rights...why??? INCASE our powerplayman went down...most said to weak on defense...LOLOLOL then said we gotr lots of PP guys...and told me i was dumb for saying to trade for him....

WHAT HAPPENED? MARKOV out first game of the season......

then we sign Bergeron(weak as Babchuck on d????? i dunno why was he on forward?)...now HE IS GONE ....

say what ya like.
Saying Babchuk would have contributed what Bergeron has on the Pp is pretty comical.

Old
02-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
hit alone are usless?

yeah from a guy that 5'8 dishing them out 40 times a season ...YES

little different when a guy 6'5 260 hit 250 times a season....

Useless? Your a mOntreal fan how uselss was it when we lost tangauy for 8 weeks due to Artukhin(uselss body check).....that ALONE affect our season more than ANY fight b a goon ever could .....

you thinking again is FLAWED....if checking is so uselss why do team have checking lines?most players on that checking line dont score many goals ....

Old
02-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Saying Babchuk would have contributed what Bergeron has on the Pp is pretty comical.
do you even follow th NHL?i mean come on seriously ,why am i comical? because babchuck scored 35pts last year ...before you call me comical ,hiow many off those were on the Power play.....
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=2897

Anyways i wanted to sign him BEFORE, long before we ever dreamed of BERGERON......i wanted to sign him before the season began....the reason i wanted to was (just incase)and my fear was RIGHT...the big argument i got from many was he defense skills wasnt great.....THEN we sign Bergeron and watch him play at forward because his d skill isnt that great....say what ya like ..... .

Old
02-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
hit alone are usless?

yeah from a guy that 5'8 dishing them out 40 times a season ...YES

little different when a guy 6'5 260 hit 250 times a season....

Useless? Your a mOntreal fan how uselss was it when we lost tangauy for 8 weeks due to Artukhin(uselss body check).....that ALONE affect our season more than ANY fight b a goon ever could .....

you thinking again is FLAWED....if checking is so uselss why do team have checking lines?most players on that checking line dont score many goals ....
So let's pick up Artukhin hoping that he injured one of our competitors' players...

Old
02-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
do you even follow th NHL?i mean come on seriously ,why am i comical? because babchuck scored 35pts last year ...before you call me comical ,hiow many off those were on the Power play.....
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=2897

Anyways i wanted to sign him BEFORE, long before we ever dreamed of BERGERON......i wanted to sign him before the season began....the reason i wanted to was (just incase)and my fear was RIGHT...the big argument i got from many was he defense skills wasnt great.....THEN we sign Bergeron and watch him play at forward because his d skill isnt that great....say what ya like ..... .
He wouldn't have contributed what Bergeron did because he is a RH shot so the one timer option would be taken away.

Old
02-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
So let's pick up Artukhin hoping that he injured one of our competitors' players...
are you for real?

do you understand hockey?

do you understand the CONCEPT of teams WEARING down OTHER TEAMS ,with body checks.......

Old
02-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
are you for real?

do you understand the CONCEPT of teams WEARING down OTHER TEAMS ,with body checks.......
In order to wear down the other team you need a regular shift, not 6-7 shifts a game. The rest of Artukhin's game is not to the level where he can play top 3 lines.

Old
02-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
In order to wear down the other team you need a regular shift, not 6-7 shifts a game. The rest of Artukhin's game is not to the level where he can play top 3 lines.
knock knock ....

i guess that my intire point of wanting to bring him to Montreal .

HE WOULDNT be playing 7 shifts or 5 minutes a game!

Was good enough in TB to get near 20 points in a season with 151 penelty minutes and also had 250 hits.....those number are GOOD ENOUGH and better than most of the junk we had on our bottom lines this season.......let alon the fact a 260 lber in our lineup......

You dont think he is capable of playing top 3 , WE DONT NEED HIM to play top 3 .....

in the same breath it his season season in the NHL.....go ask Mark Streit .....

Old
02-11-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
are you for real?

The thing with Arthukyn is while he's a very physcial & intimidating presence, he's not very funcitonal on the ice. He's simply not a very intelligent player, he's a brute...

But you're right though, the Habs need to acquire this type of player...I'd suggest looking into acquire Jean-Francois Jacques, though i'm not sure the Oilers are keen on letting him go

Old
02-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:

in the same breath it his season season in the NHL.....go ask Mark Streit .....
sorry that should say

in the same breath it's only his(Artyukhin's) second full season in the NHL.....go ask Mark Streit ..

Old
02-11-2010, 01:08 PM
felixd

Eric Engels twitter:

EricEngels

I'm told Canadiens will make a deal between now and this time tomorrow...I'm skeptical

Closed Thread