Notices

my reason as to why we lost

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2004, 11:15 PM
hardbody77

vCash: 500
my reason as to why we lost

the number 1 reason to me is quite simple,montreal played with tremendous PASSION...they weren`t in any way scared of us,they played with confidence,even after us beating them down in game 1 .even after being up 2-0 and 3-1...they knew they can beat us.we on the other hand- played timid,didnt have the eye of the tiger,game 5 was a complete embarrasment,youre up 3-1 and coming home for the "clincher" and u get that out played is pathetic.we played with anger as opposed to playing with passion,big difference,what i mean by that is the penalty in game 7 by lapointe with 3 mins to go,to me the game was nearly over by then but thats an example of playing with anger rather than with passion.
they were fearless,smart,and passionate,
we were clearly the more talented team,the better team ,even without our best player-we should have beaten then in 5-easily.overall this was a good season that exceeded expectations.(think about our mental state last summer)
we developed a awesome core of players,raycroft,bergeron,hilbert.ect.
but its sickening loosing to this team.

Old
04-21-2004, 11:55 PM
Grapes

i'd hate to think that our boys played without passion,.. maybe some do come to mind, but thankfully our core players sure as heck tried (Boynton, Razor, Joe, Count, Green(whom i now count as core)). It wasn't enough this year, but none of the previous victorious teams did it with just 3 or 4 great players, so hopefully we can make some nice trades for the next season, whenever it is...

Go B's Go! whatever roster we come up with next season!

Old
04-22-2004, 12:35 AM
BruinsGirl

I think Mike Sullivan made some rookie mistakes... I thought he would be more flexible than Ftorek.

If he wanted Joe to be somewhat effective why did he play JT 20+ minutes in all situations? Couldn't he find any other PK and not Joe?

Line matching : MTL 1st line was sure faster, specially with Joes injury. Mike should've played checking line against them.

Pairing McGillis/Slegr was horrible...Did they play together during the year?

PP!!!! Were our guys that stupid or Mike couldn't explain good enough that you can't dump puck like they did all series long. You can't do it against Brodeur , Theodore and any other goalie with good puckhandling abilities.

I think in game #5 when they should've finish Habs they got too emotional and made 10000 D lapses. (not only D but forwards)

I seriously think in game #5 or #6 Felix should have played.

Old
04-22-2004, 12:43 AM
WickedBruinsGirl

Here's my take on the series. There was something lacking right after Game 1. The Bruins were lucky to come out on the winning side in Games 2 and 4, both OT wins. I'm not going to doubt the team's passion, but the team that played in Game 1 seemed significantly different than the team that played in Games 2-7.

Old
04-22-2004, 12:54 AM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4419
Here's my take on the series. There was something lacking right after Game 1. The Bruins were lucky to come out on the winning side in Games 2 and 4, both OT wins. I'm not going to doubt the team's passion, but the team that played in Game 1 seemed significantly different than the team that played in Games 2-7.
Two things happen after game #1:

1) Julien changed the lines and created Kovalev-Koivu-Zednik line which our D couldn't really contain;

Mike S. should've play checking line and not #1 line against them.

2) Donato got injured (his speed let us roll 4 lines during the season and he ate tons of PK minutes)

3) Nylander got hit pretty good in game #2 and while still got some points after that was never the same.

Old
04-22-2004, 11:28 AM
hardbody77

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapesarenotpucks
i'd hate to think that our boys played without passion,.. maybe some do come to mind, but thankfully our core players sure as heck tried (Boynton, Razor, Joe, Count, Green(whom i now count as core)). It wasn't enough this year, but none of the previous victorious teams did it with just 3 or 4 great players, so hopefully we can make some nice trades for the next season, whenever it is...

Go B's Go! whatever roster we come up with next season!
////////////////////////
DUDE,I HATE UR AVIATOR

Old
04-22-2004, 11:53 AM
Grapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardbody77
////////////////////////
DUDE,I HATE UR AVIATOR
so do i !!! but a bet is a bet

Closed Thread