HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline, UFAs, RFAs and more...

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Valhoun*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I would think that EDM would take Boucher for a mid rounder.
They have lost 12 in a row and are currently playing 2 rookies
No matter your feelings on Biron, he's available and I don't see how a team could take Boucher over Biron.

Old
01-27-2010, 11:13 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSaq View Post
Yes, Giguere's kid does have health issues, but CHOP is one of the highest rated children's hospitals in the nation. Granted it's not the same doctors, but it's hardly like being traded to Haiti.

Giguere's still a good goalie with a history of stepping up in the playoffs. I'm not trying to campaign for the guy, just tossing out an idea.
His kid HAD health problems. Key word being HAD because the child is fully healthy now.

Old
01-27-2010, 11:17 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Phoenix wants young talent, so who do we got?

I wonder if Phoenix would consider Coburn + prospect for Mueller and Aucoin. Probably not .

That would be awesome though. We'd kill two birds with one stone.
That would be an epic deal.

Old
01-27-2010, 11:58 AM
mm6492

EPIC OFFSEASON

TRADES
Scott Hartnell, Ryan Parent
for
Drew Stafford

Simon Gagne
for
Robyn Regehr, 2nd

Daniel Briere, Andreas Nodl, 2011 1st
for
Tomas Vokoun

FREE AGENCY
Saku Koivu: 2 Years 4M
Milan Hejduk: 2 Years 5M

I will just stop now.....

Old
01-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492
Pronger-Carle
Timonen-Parent
Marshall-Syvert
Bartulis
I've never seen such a soft blueline, not what Homer wants. If we want another defenseman it must be a physical one, like Phaneuf.

Cote has the agitator role among the forwards, and OKT on the blueline. Homer will keep both of them, and he hates a soft team.

Old
01-27-2010, 12:35 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
I've never seen such a soft blueline, not what Homer wants. If we want another defenseman it must be a physical one, like Phaneuf.

Cote has the agitator role among the forwards, and OKT on the blueline. Homer will keep them both, and he hates a soft team.
Marshall is the complete opposite of soft. He hits more then OKT does. Plus if he keeps progressing, he will play up on the big team next year, for sure.

You really need to understand something. We want to win games, not try to be a big mean team that loses.

Oh and we have been here longer then you, we have a better idea of what Homer does then you do.

Old
01-27-2010, 12:38 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred
You really need to understand something. We want to win games, not try to be the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Fixed that for you. No need to thank me.

Old
01-27-2010, 12:42 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:

Cote has the agitator role among the forwards, and OKT on the blueline. Homer will keep both of them, and he hates a soft team.
I love how a blueline headlined by Chris Pronger can be considered soft. I know the guy doesnt throw huge on-ice hits (which would move him out of position), but if you watch him carefully, he can punish the hell out of the forwards. He is nasty on the ice.

Coburn will likely stick around, and he is big and can be physical. Marshall is physical and Parent is a shutdown kind of guy. Only Timonen and Carle could be considered soft, and Bartulis and Syvret hardly play enough to matter. Timonen makes incredibly smart plays when he isnt throwing the puck into the crowd from his own end, so him being soft is ok with me. Carle is soft, yes, but he brings a solid offensive presence. Timonen-like offensively without the defense to back it up.

Phaneuf just costs to much, we can't squeeze him in at all unless we move one of Gagne, Briere, Hartnell, Carter or Richards.

Moving Timonen or Pronger for Phaneuf is stupid, and Carle for Phaneuf has too much of a salary gap. I'd rather Regehr to be honest.

Old
01-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Marshall is the complete opposite of soft. He hits more then OKT does. Plus if he keeps progressing, he will play up on the big team next year, for sure.

You really need to understand something. We want to win games, not try to be a big mean team that loses.

Oh and we have been here longer then you, we have a better idea of what Homer does then you do.
Homer certainly doesn't mind physical players, and what you don't understand is how important they can be. They protect our key players, and we have seen many times how they can change the momentum and help us play better.

Marshall is not registered with a single fight, that means he's as tough as Parent, couldn't hurt a fly.

Old
01-27-2010, 12:52 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Homer certainly doesn't mind physical players, and what you don't understand is how important they can be. They protect our key players, and we have seen many times how they can change the momentum and help us play better.

Marshall is not registered with a single fight, that means he's as tough as Parent, couldn't hurt a fly.
Being tough doesnt mean that have to fight. It means they play with an edge and hit alot of things. We already have 3 people on the team that fight whenever they can, Lappy, Carcillo and Asham. You DO NOT need a full team that needs to fight.

You really need to watch Marshall more before you comment about him. Kid will be the one who will make highlight big hit reels.

Old
01-27-2010, 12:55 PM
decadentia

Wo-lfy KNOWS Homer's grand plan

Old
01-27-2010, 12:55 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Homer certainly doesn't mind physical players, and what you don't understand is how important they can be. They protect our key players, and we have seen many times how they can change the momentum and help us play better. Marshall is not registered with a single fight, that means he's as tough as Parent, couldn't hurt a fly.
neither does pronger this year. Pronger = soft?

whoever mentioned timonen he is not soft either. The guy is tough as nails he's just small and surely plays hurt most of the time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
01-27-2010, 01:06 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Say no to Exelby. I would rather Bart and Syvret

Old
01-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post

whoever mentioned timonen he is not soft either. The guy is tough as nails he's just small and surely plays hurt most of the time.
Posted via Mobile Device
This. Plus when playoffs roll around, we are going to want experienced players on defense, not a bunch of young hooligans or Coburns.

I'd personally rather not see Pronger fight. I like having him on the ice.

Old
01-27-2010, 01:52 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I love how a blueline headlined by Chris Pronger can be considered soft. I know the guy doesnt throw huge on-ice hits (which would move him out of position), but if you watch him carefully, he can punish the hell out of the forwards. He is nasty on the ice.

Coburn will likely stick around, and he is big and can be physical. Marshall is physical and Parent is a shutdown kind of guy. Only Timonen and Carle could be considered soft, and Bartulis and Syvret hardly play enough to matter. Timonen makes incredibly smart plays when he isnt throwing the puck into the crowd from his own end, so him being soft is ok with me. Carle is soft, yes, but he brings a solid offensive presence. Timonen-like offensively without the defense to back it up.

Phaneuf just costs to much, we can't squeeze him in at all unless we move one of Gagne, Briere, Hartnell, Carter or Richards.

Moving Timonen or Pronger for Phaneuf is stupid, and Carle for Phaneuf has too much of a salary gap. I'd rather Regehr to be honest.
I certainly wouldn't call Timonen soft. The guy is tough as nails and can take a pounding. The whole "soft" term is so misused on here, it's disgusting. Just because a guy doesn't hit doesn't make him soft. Timonen is not a physically imposing defenseman, but he's far, far, far from soft.

Old
01-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Jester

Quote:

Don't protect them all that well when they get hurt whenever they try to play physical...or play at all for that matter.

Old
01-27-2010, 02:13 PM
mm6492

Quote:

Do you talk out your ass or mouth? Your arguments are worse then OKT on a 1 on 1.

Cote has not seen the ice in forever, so that handles that. He is around in case of injuries. If someone offered Homer a bag of apples for him tomorrow, he would be gone. With Lappierre, Carcillo, and Asham, he has become useless.

And have you ever seen Marshall play? No need to answer that BTW, I already know...

Old
01-27-2010, 02:15 PM
mm6492

Quote:

We have Carcillo, Lappierre, Powe, Asham, Hartnell, and other to fight.

We were fine before OKT was put into the lineup, we will be fine when he is replaced. And you do not measure toughness by fights. Timonen might be the toughest player on our team, yet he has no fights.

You are clueless when it comes to arguing hockey.

Old
01-27-2010, 02:17 PM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I certainly wouldn't call Timonen soft. The guy is tough as nails and can take a pounding. The whole "soft" term is so misused on here, it's disgusting. Just because a guy doesn't hit doesn't make him soft. Timonen is not a physically imposing defenseman, but he's far, far, far from soft.
People are mixing up toughness with hard hitting and fighting.

Timonen is one of the toughest players on the team (Lappiere probably is #1 for me). He is playing with numerous injuries, reportly including a broken foot or ankle and arthritis in his back. Yet he has not missed a game and has never opened his mouth.

Old
01-27-2010, 02:21 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I don't really disagree with this.

I'm sick of being the Broad Street Bullies without a cup and I hate people ragging on Jeff Carter (our most prolific scorer, easily) because he is big but not overly physical. Gagne and Briere have the skill to score goals, but Carter doesnt need anyone on his line to score. You could send Powe out with him. As long as someone goes into the corners to get the puck, Carter can dominate the puck and take decent shots. Not saying he is perfect, he misses a lot and can't deke, but he doesnt need sweet passes to bury the puck like Gagne or Briere.

The times I get most frustrated with this team is when I see our "bullies" being retards. When Carcillo took 29 mins of penalties earlier this season and we threw the game away, when Hartnell bites people or throws his glove and proves how HORRIBLE he is at passing, or when Cote is on the ice EVER. I understand guys miss shots and turnover pucks, but spending $4.25 on a guy like Hartnell who mostly doesn't play much better then Knuble ever did (at a higher price no less) frustrates me.

I understand Carcillo's (who has shown great improvement) and Hartnell's (Knuble Jr) roles with the team though, so skip the lecture on how important they are to the team.

In many ways, we have a very talented and versatile squad, and I think Lavi's aggressive system is showing that off perfectly, unlike Steven's pondhockey system.

In fact, the only true weakness this club has is inconsistency in net and no go-to superstar (which few teams have anyway). A guy like Kovalchuk would be awesome, but with the current salary cap situation and everything, Kovalchuk would be a foolhardy move. It would be better to keep Carter and let Carter and Richards continue their development into more consistent 80 points a year guys. I really like the Flyers right now from Richards and Carter to Lappy and Betts.

Old
01-27-2010, 02:22 PM
mm6492

Kevin Marshall fought on 11-21-09. I am not saying he won, but your argument is false:
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ng2tUbStww

Old
01-27-2010, 02:25 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
We have Carcillo, Lappierre, Powe, Asham, Hartnell, and other to fight.

We were fine before OKT was put into the lineup, we will be fine when he is replaced. And you do not measure toughness by fights. Timonen might be the toughest player on our team, yet he has no fights.

You are clueless when it comes to arguing hockey.

Timonen..

Your sissy suggestion of a blueline will not fit Homer's book, I can assure you it will not look like that.

Cote and OKT are flyers family, they have a role to play, and they will stick around next season as well.

Old
01-27-2010, 02:29 PM
mm6492

Quote:

Timonen..

Your sissy suggestion of a blueline will not fit Homer's book, I can asure you it will not look like that.

Cote and OKT are flyers family, they have a role to play, and they will stick around next season as well.
You are ****ing impossible to talk to. You think you are always ****ing right when you are rarely ever right.

The only family OKT should be with is these guys:

Cote may have a shot at staying. He was on the Calder Cup team, and is good at a 15th forward...

But OKT better not be back unless as an 8th defenseman

Old
01-27-2010, 02:36 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
EPIC OFFSEASON

TRADES
Scott Hartnell, Ryan Parent
for
Drew Stafford

Simon Gagne
for
Robyn Regehr, 2nd

Daniel Briere, Andreas Nodl, 2011 1st
for
Tomas Vokoun

FREE AGENCY
Saku Koivu: 2 Years 4M
Milan Hejduk: 2 Years 5M

I will just stop now.....
Hejduk signed a 1 year 3M extension

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=12

Old
01-27-2010, 02:38 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:

Timonen..

Your sissy suggestion of a blueline will not fit Homer's book, I can assure you it will not look like that.

Please, Cote and OKT are remnants of what I left on a piece of toilet paper and flushed down earlier this morning.......

Your stupidity continues to shine through after a comment like this. Sissy blueline. You really don't watch Timonen play, do you? Do us all a favour. Don't offer any more comments about players on this team because it's clear that you know nothing about the Flyers other than OKT, and that's not saying much.

Closed Thread