HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fall 4 Hall Featured on CFRN News

Old
01-26-2010, 07:49 PM
hfboardsuser

vCash: 500
Fall 4 Hall Featured on CFRN News

Nothing from HF, but I think I saw a post from Copper & Blue or Oilernation. Dave Mitchell likes Fall for Hall, but rattled off the other ones- Highway to Hall, etc.

One person who's not a fan: Patrick O'Sullivan. He looked choked/pissed, and said that while it was 'our opinion', he didn't appreciate it.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Giant Moo

If F4H coaxes emotion out of the current roster, that's not a bad thing. But it's odd that it takes the fans making lemon out of lemonade to get Patty's Irish up. I mean... who handed us the lemons?

Maybe he goes out and scores a hat trick. Good. It's time for the young guys to step up and show management who wants to stay after the vets get cleared out.

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 07:59 PM
OmegaTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Nothing from HF, but I think I saw a post from Copper & Blue or Oilernation. Dave Mitchell likes Fall for Hall, but rattled off the other ones- Highway to Hall, etc.

One person who's not a fan: Patrick O'Sullivan. He looked choked/pissed, and said that while it was 'our opinion', he didn't appreciate it.
There is video for this?

OmegaTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 08:03 PM
hfboardsuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaTheory View Post
There is video for this?
There was. They were interviewing him in the locker room and he was pretty emotional about it.

Old
01-26-2010, 08:07 PM
MePutPuckInNet

When is he not pissed off? I've never seen it....

MePutPuckInNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 08:07 PM
OmegaTheory

Quote:
There was. They were interviewing him in the locker room and he was pretty emotional about it.
Huh, this I have to see. Is it on the Oilers website? Or one of those you mentioned?

Old
01-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Professor Awesome

Brings to mind the 'Seen Stamkos' propaganda of yesteryear. Whatever helps build up steam.
Ah, young Patrick. I have yet to see him smile. I imagine it must be a rather frightening experience when such an event occurs.

Professor Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 08:15 PM
oilerfanatic

i love how two of our worst forwards in horcoff and sully hate the fall for hall...somehow they don't realize that if they didn't suck we wouldn't be in this predicament..

oilerfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 08:16 PM
hfboardsuser

Quote:
Huh, this I have to see. Is it on the Oilers website? Or one of those you mentioned?
It was a story on the news. They were interviewing fans at Rexall about the concept of finishing last, and how many of them have a positive attitude about it because of the draft lottery. Sports guy Dave Mitchell than was going on about how the concept is also popular online, and how fans were coming up with phrases for it- ie Fall of Fall.

CFRN archives clips on their website and those for tonight's newscast are already up, but I don't see that one.

However, from memory, POS said the following:

"I don't appreciate it. They can... that's their opinion. But it's a lottery. It's not a sure thing."

Old
01-26-2010, 09:12 PM
OmegaTheory

Quote:
It was a story on the news. They were interviewing fans at Rexall about the concept of finishing last, and how many of them have a positive attitude about it because of the draft lottery. Sports guy Dave Mitchell than was going on about how the concept is also popular online, and how fans were coming up with phrases for it- ie Fall of Fall.

CFRN archives clips on their website and those for tonight's newscast are already up, but I don't see that one.

However, from memory, POS said the following:

"I don't appreciate it. They can... that's their opinion. But it's a lottery. It's not a sure thing."
Thanks Bugg. I can kind of see what he means but as fans what exactly do they expect us to do?

Old
01-26-2010, 09:20 PM
hfboardsuser

Quote:
Thanks Bugg. I can kind of see what he means but as fans what exactly do they expect us to do?
Exactly. It's not like we go to bad praying 'Please God, let the Oilers get beat like a rented mule tonight'. But when the guys on the ice don't show up, I don't know why we should be expected to give a damn.

Old
01-26-2010, 09:23 PM
otto84

Quote:

We should tell him that the feeling is mutual.

otto84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 09:25 PM
GSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto84 View Post
We should tell him that the feeling is mutual.
OH SNAP!

GSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Abused Catatonically

Quote:
Exactly. It's not like we go to bad praying 'Please God, let the Oilers get beat like a rented mule tonight'. But when the guys on the ice don't show up, I don't know why we should be expected to give a damn.
Uuuuhhhhh actually I do. Seriously....... I really do. It's been so bad we even suck at sucking.

Abused Catatonically is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerfanatic View Post
i love how two of our worst forwards in horcoff and sully hate the fall for hall...somehow they don't realize that if they didn't suck we wouldn't be in this predicament..
Trade O'Sullivan and Horcoff and the team would be way better.

Narnia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 10:06 PM
JohnAlexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerfanatic View Post
Most people don't have the capacity to look in the mirror and understand when failure is looking back at them.

JohnAlexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 10:12 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

Quote:
Did he comment on his -23 rating?

Vomiting Kermit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 10:13 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MePutPuckInNet View Post
When is he not pissed off? I've never seen it....
Too bad he can't channel it into playing like he cares.

guymez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 10:15 PM
deanmoriarty

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Too bad he can't channel it into playing like he cares.
Exactly. O'Sullivan and Horcoff need to put up or shut up. Score some ****ing goals if you don't like losing.

deanmoriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 10:20 PM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's not on it.

Quote:
and he should be. Show me a professional athlete who's on board with finishing last, and I'll show you a guy who is in the wrong profession.

Nobody here really thinks that the players are stoked to hear the fans are hoping they lose, or to know the Oilers are going to be drafting a guy who could be taking their own job as soon as next season... right?

oilers_guy_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Sayuri

I like O'Sullivan's reaction. Atleast he's showing some emotions which is a lot more than can be said for some other players on this team. Honestly should he be happy with losing all the time? Poor guy can't do anything to please people around here. Of course he's pissed. He's pissed that the team is losing, he's probably pissed at his own contributions; I think that's a good thing.

Judging who to keep and who to trade during a time like this is going to be difficult because nobody's best colours come out in bad situations. As much as individual efforts count hockey is still foremost a team game and it's hard to do anything useful when the whole unit is out of sync. Maybe the guys that show the most emotion of any kind are the ones you want to keep around. I think Barnaby said it well. You have to look at who handles it coming to the rink day after day and still acts like they give a damn, as opposed to the players who just mail it in and hope to get traded.

Sayuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 11:05 PM
JohnAlexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie View Post
and he should be. Show me a professional athlete who's on board with finishing last, and I'll show you a guy who is in the wrong profession.

Nobody here really thinks that the players are stoked to hear the fans are hoping they lose, or to know the Oilers are going to be drafting a guy who could be taking their own job as soon as next season... right?
Perhaps embarrassment would be more appropriate than anger in this situation however.

JohnAlexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 11:26 PM
Andy Martin

Quote:

POS needs to shut his mouth and realize the situation they are in.

Andy Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 12:55 AM
MrOiler

Quote:
I like the fact that they hate it. It shows some pride. I would like to see them shredding their sticks after a loss like KLo used to do in his playing days.

I wonder how much they're hating Tambellini right now for not bailing them out with a new goalie?

MrOiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 01:12 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

I don't have a problem with Horcoff and O'Sullivan's reaction to this. Yes, they've had garbage years but at least they're showing some pride.

That said, if they want to start winning some hockey games then this is necessary.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote