HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kaberle and/or Stajan to New Jersey Devils

Old
01-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Biggzy*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
I never said that the devils don't have depth. What tehy don't have is enough high end players to get a guy like Kaberle.

Stajan is a UFA, but is a hometown kid, career Leaf, and Burke will problably extend him before the deadline. If he refuses to sign, then we're talking about a different game here.
You want a Pronger type return, and its not gonna happen.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 11:22 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
man i wish you'd stay out of these threads. Sorry Jersey fans
Man, I wish you'd stay out of these threads. The Leafs aren't going to blow it up and sit in the basement for the next 3 years. They are going to make moves to try and get into the playoffs next year.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Man, I wish you'd stay out of these threads. The Leafs aren't going to blow it up and sit in the basement for the next 3 years. They are going to make moves to try and get into the playoffs next year.
Didn't they already do that? Komisarek, Beauchemin, Kessel, Gustavsson.

Yeah that worked out well.

Old
01-27-2010, 11:29 AM
dubey
Phagoof am i rite??/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
Wow I can't wait until Kaberle is NOT traded again this year. So these ridiculous proposals can stop.
But then you wouldn't have anymore threads to post in

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
NJ's prospects were late picks themselves, hardly "top" prospects. Even their 1st will be late.
Just because NJ's prospects were all picked later than the lottery, you dismiss them as not being "top prospects". You've never heard of a late round gem, or a player who drops? You also ignore the fact that NJ is the team developing these guys, which definitely adds value to them. There are a bunch of Devils late picks that became something in the NHL.

Don't just go by the HF prospect rankings, they're not correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDevil View Post
To

Kaberle
Stajan

To

Oduya
Corrente
Halischuk
NJ 1st 2010
I'd be fine with this deal, but I'm sure most Leaf fans will think it's underpayment.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
LOL @ including Parise/Elias/Zajac. yea, thatll ever happen.

i also highly doubt Tedenby/Josefson are dangled in any trade proposals, but who knows

we have plenty of winger prospects and those are the guys I'd think that will be dangled, including Bergfors

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
But then you wouldn't have anymore threads to post in
That's true.

Old
01-27-2010, 11:32 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
You want a Pronger type return, and its not gonna happen.
Then it's not going to happen. Posters on this board need to realize that the Leafs ARE NOT going to clear house. Beyond the fact that it makes no sense, Burke's ego is WAYYYYY too big for that to happen. He went out and sold the future to get Kessel (which is fine because Kessel is young), and he's problably going to do the same this offseason to get a #1 centre.

The only guys that are going to be available come deadline are those who Burke plans on lettting walk as free agents. Tomas Kaberle is not the same position as Kovalchuk. The Thrashers have decided that Kovalchuk isn't inthe long term plans, so its an auction. Kaberle is in the long term plans. The guys who are available from the Leafs (without overpayment or a trade that makes hockey sense) are:

Ponikarovsky or Hagman (one of the 2)
Blake (if anyone wants him)
Finger (if anyone wants him)
Stajan (only if Burke can't come to a deal)
Stempniak
Primeau
Mayers
Wallin
Exelby
Toskala (if anyone wants him)

All of these players would be available for a futures. If you want any of the other players, you need to be sending a roster player who helps us more than the player we are trading.

Old
01-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Then it's not going to happen. Posters on this board need to realize that the Leafs ARE NOT going to clear house. Beyond the fact that it makes no sense, Burke's ego is WAYYYYY too big for that to happen. He went out and sold the future to get Kessel (which is fine because Kessel is young), and he's problably going to do the same this offseason to get a #1 centre.

The only guys that are going to be available come deadline are those who Burke plans on lettting walk as free agents. Tomas Kaberle is not the same position as Kovalchuk. The Thrashers have decided that Kovalchuk isn't inthe long term plans, so its an auction. Kaberle is in the long term plans. The guys who are available from the Leafs (without overpayment or a trade that makes hockey sense) are:

Ponikarovsky or Hagman (one of the 2)
Blake (if anyone wants him)
Finger (if anyone wants him)
Stajan (only if Burke can't come to a deal)
Stempniak
Primeau
Mayers
Wallin
Exelby
Toskala (if anyone wants him)

All of these players would be available for a futures. If you want any of the other players, you need to be sending a roster player who helps us more than the player we are trading.
Then its not going to happen. Kaberle shouldn't be in your long term plans. He should be in your immediate future plans. He's 31 and not getting any younger. Burke built this team to contend now, and the only thing the Leafs are contending for is last place.

Old
01-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Makaveli

Kaberle,Stajan
for
Cormier,Corrente,1st,3rd+Salary dump(Pandolfo?)

Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkin187 View Post
Kaberle,Stajan
for
Cormier,Corrente,1st,4th+Salary dump(Pandolfo?)

no way the Leafs do that, but i say 10000% yes

Old
01-27-2010, 11:56 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Then its not going to happen. Kaberle shouldn't be in your long term plans. He should be in your immediate future plans. He's 31 and not getting any younger. Burke built this team to contend now, and the only thing the Leafs are contending for is last place.
Why not? He's 31 years old and would most likely sign one of those 10 year frontloaded deals to keep the cap hit down. He's a #1 defenceman (one of only 2 puckmovers Toronto has), 4th in the league in points (behind 3 guys with MUCH better offensive units infront of them), has been relatiely injury free, and plays a style which would make his play unlikely to drop significantly with age. There's no reason he can't continue his curent level of play until the age of 37-38. In that time, the leafs can work on drafting a replacement.

He has expressed a desire to remain with Toronto (or at least control his destination). I'm sure him or his agent have had talks with Brian Burke as to the chances of him being traded in the offseason, and if Kaberle felt that was a legitimate possibiltiy (it was last year because Burke wanted to put his stamp on the team), then he'd have given Burke a list of potential destinations. Obviously, Burke has ensured Kaberle that he is most likely in the plans.

Old
01-27-2010, 11:57 AM
xicethug13x

after looking over new jerseys available assets...i feel like there is definitly a deal that can be made....here is one that as a toronto fan i would be very very happy with...and i could see the devils doing it no problem....i like this becasue it brings in young nhl ready guys that fit the mold of what burke likes

to new jersey:
kaberle+stajan

to toronto:
bergfors+palmieri+fraser+2nd

from a toronto perspective we get 2 good young top 6 forwards....1 who is a big power forward type that is very needed ...i would love to see palmieri on teh opposite wing of kessel...and bergfors would be great on teh 2nd line adding another solid scoring threat.....and fraser is a very good stay at home very physical dman....would be great in the bottom pairing....or in the top 4 paired with a puck mover highly offensive type...and the 2nd is a solid pick ....i was thinking a 1st originally but i wanted to be sure teh devils would go for it becasue i love teh rest of teh return

thoughts?

xicethug13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicethug13x View Post
after looking over new jerseys available assets...i feel like there is definitly a deal that can be made....here is one that as a toronto fan i would be very very happy with...and i could see the devils doing it no problem....i like this becasue it brings in young nhl ready guys that fit the mold of what burke likes

to new jersey:
kaberle+stajan

to toronto:

from a toronto perspective we get 2 good young top 6 forwards....1 who is a big power forward type that is very needed ...i would love to see palmieri on teh opposite wing of kessel...and bergfors would be great on teh 2nd line adding another solid scoring threat.....and fraser is a very good stay at home very physical dman....would be great in the bottom pairing....or in the top 4 paired with a puck mover highly offensive type...and the 2nd is a solid pick ....i was thinking a 1st originally but i wanted to be sure teh devils would go for it becasue i love teh rest of teh return

thoughts?

sign me up.

Old
01-27-2010, 12:02 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicethug13x View Post

to new jersey:
kaberle+stajan

to toronto:

thoughts?
Exchange Fraser to Cormier and I'd consider it....

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPellerin18 View Post
Good for the Leafs, enjoy Stajan. The Devils aren't giving good young players for him.
Excellent, enjoy these "good young players" that you want to upgrade on then.

Charge_Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Dark Knight
ScorchedEarthRebuild

I hope people are taking each proposal with a grain of salt. No way Kaberle is dealt this trade deadline. He's already informed he won't provide a list of team and waive his NTC.

Stajan can be had for a 2nd rounder or a prospect (Cormier?), even this year. This is his last year of the deal and won't likely be back. Even though I'm a fan of his game. I just feel he's more suited to the 3rd line than the 1st. He'll be a valuable player in New Jersey because they already have solid depth on offense and he'll just mesh it.

In Toronto, he's relied upon creating offense which isn't really his forte.

01-27-2010, 12:11 PM
I am Canadian
Foreverly Hopeful

Quote:
Wow I can't wait until Kaberle is NOT traded again this year. So these ridiculous proposals can stop.
Quote:
Oh my god. I think you're actually serious. Parise shouldn't even be in the same sentence as Kaberle. Unless its "Parise just doo-doo'ed Kaberle and scores.

Yeah, sorry. Teams don't jump from one of the worst teams in the league to the playoffs. So keep dreaming.
Man I'm getting tired of this troll. Stick to your Florida board, I guess there isn't enough fans there to have a conversation... While you are right about the Parise/Kaberle thing you are terrible wrong about the worst teams in the league jumping to the playoffs. Have you ever heard of the Philadelphia Flyers? You know the team in your conference? They jumped from the bottem to the top. The Leafs don't have as much depth but that answers the statement. If you get your head out of your *** maybe you could have sensible conversations with Leaf fans. You sterotype all of us the same.

Anyways, The only players on Devils that would be untouchable in a Kaberle trade are players like Parise, Brodeur, Elias & Zajac. You can't come out and say that this certain prospect in "Unavaible". Burke would laugh and hang up. If im Burke it starts with 1st + Tenenby.

I am Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Rosensnose*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_Seven View Post
Excellent, enjoy these "good young players" that you want to upgrade on then.
Those "good young players" will be sent to a more reasonable team that doesn't over value their players. Stajan for Bergfors and a 2nd is laughable.

I understand the Leafs don't wanna just give away their players but look at it from the Devils point of view. They are a acquiring what is essentially a 3rd line center for a few months for a prospect that they have developed for 4 years who is having a nice start to his career and a 2nd round pick. If you guys think you are getting a package like that for Matt Stajan then prepare to be disappointed.

Rosensnose* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 12:31 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Canadian View Post
Man I'm getting tired of this troll. Stick to your Florida board, I guess there isn't enough fans there to have a conversation... While you are right about the Parise/Kaberle thing you are terrible wrong about the worst teams in the league jumping to the playoffs. Have you ever heard of the Philadelphia Flyers? You know the team in your conference? They jumped from the bottem to the top. The Leafs don't have as much depth but that answers the statement. If you get your head out of your *** maybe you could have sensible conversations with Leaf fans. You sterotype all of us the same.

Anyways, The only players on Devils that would be untouchable in a Kaberle trade are players like Parise, Brodeur, Elias & Zajac. You can't come out and say that this certain prospect in "Unavaible". Burke would laugh and hang up. If im Burke it starts with 1st + Tenenby.
And I'm getting tired of Leafs fans overrating Kaberle. I'd rather have a handful of intelligent hockey fans in Florida than an army of people who think hockey doesn't exist in the US.

Don't even try to compare the Leafs to the Flyers. The Flyers have so much depth its ridiculous. So, no, that doesn't answer my statement. The only way I could think of for a bottom feeder team to jump in to playoff contention is through significant trades, free agent signings, or the draft. Well, we all know your draft situation for the next couple years so lets scratch that off. You already did your free agent signings. And you don't have anything of value to trade. So what makes you think the Leafs will be competitive this year or next?

Where did I say any prospect is unavailable? Its just laughable when some of your fellow fans name players like Parise in a possible trade for Kaberle.

Old
01-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Rosensnose*

That's fair and I would tend to agree. The only problem with the Devils getting Kaberle might mean that they wouldn't be able to sign Martin unless they cut salary elsewhere. Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Tedenby doesn't seem like a Devils type player and is their top prospect so I feel like he could be traded.

Rosensnose* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 01:17 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
first it was proposed by a jersey fan second if you don't like them why bother opening it and posting to bring it right back up on the list. You do realize that if you don't post it goes away faster?

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 01:27 PM
EnglishDevil

vCash: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Not enough "quality" coming back. Toronto passes. Toronto doesn't need Oduya. Halischuk is a B-C Level prospect. Corrente has been in NJ's system forever and still hasn't been able to make the jump. The 1st is late.
Toronto doesn't need Oduya, i agree, he's more there to compensate for the salary coming back NJ's way, however he is a decent defenceman, doesn't bring a great deal of offense from the back end but he's very solid defensively. I agree with Halischuk being a B-C level prospect, i've removed him from the proposal below. Corrente hasn't been in NJ's system that long, he was drafted in he first round in the 2006 draft and it was only this year that he was given a chance to play at the highest level (Albeit only for a few games). During that time i believe he played very well, he didn't once appear to be a liability and played with some intensity. He's still a very good prospect. The 1st might be late, but Toronto can definately use it.

How about this?

To

Kaberle
Stajan

To

Oduya
Corrente
Palmieri (Better prospect than Halischuk)
NJ 1st 2010
NJ 3rd 2010

Adds a little bit more going back to Toronto (A better offensive prospect) and another pick. I'm not sure i'd feel comfortable giving up more than that, especially when Stajan might not resign.

EnglishDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 01:27 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Oh my god. I think you're actually serious. Parise shouldn't even be in the same sentence as Kaberle. Unless its "Parise just doo-doo'ed Kaberle and scores."

This made me lol.

Yeah, sorry. Teams don't jump from one of the worst teams in the league to the playoffs. So keep dreaming.
Dont know if anyone has said it yet, but Flyers said FU Last one year and the next to a solid playoff run.

That being said, jfried has to be kidding. The Debs arent going to over overpay for a UFA Stajan (remember the "overpayment" for Jbo? Yea...that didnt happen), and your really asking for alot for Kaberle. Why not try rebuilding?

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 01:29 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
unfortunately a lot of our fan base is under the belief that were only a couple of pieces away from being legitimate. It's the same argument every year on our boards. The homers buy in to any off season additions as exactly what we needed and praise Burke all mighty now for every little word of #### he feeds us. It's embarissing.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote