HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phoenix - Philadelphia

Old
01-27-2010, 08:19 PM
BackWithaVengeance

vCash: 50
Phoenix - Philadelphia

to Phoenix

RW, Arron Asham, http://flyers.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8465025
D, Ryan Parent, http://flyers.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8471692
L/RW,Andreas Nodl, http://flyers.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8473568

cap hit: 2.188 Mill. US-$

to Philly

C/RW, Peter Mueller, http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8473526
D, Anders Ericsson, http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8459443
Phoenix 3rd round pick in 2010

cap hit: 2.300 Mill. US-$

new line-ups:

Upshall-Lombardi-Doan
Prucha-Hanzal-Vrbata
Pyatt-Lang-Asham
Bissonnette-Porter-Korpikoski

JovoCop-Yandle
Parent-Michalek
Vandermeer-Aucoin

Gagne-Richards-Powe
Hartnell-Carter-Briere
JVR-Giroux-Mueller
Carcillo-Betts-Laperriere

Pronger-Carle
Coburn-Timonen
Ericsson-Bartulis/Syvret/Tollefsen

Phoenix gains forward depth with Nodl and adds a veteran winger with Asham, who knows how to finish and stands up for his teammates. Center piece of the trade is young, promising stay-at-home d-man Ryan Parent.

Philly gets the veteran, 3rd-pair defender they are lackin of. Center-piece Peter Mueller could blossom on a 3rd line with JVR and Giroux.

BackWithaVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Guest123

vCash: 500
Here is the problem I have with it. I think Asham actually fits our team very well. He is a great checking line player that can actually play with the skilled players like Giroux and JVR.

Basically, its Asham and Nodl for Mueller. I like Parent and with Coburn potentially being out the door... I think we need him.

Guest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Shellz

Ya, PHX does that.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:46 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Why would a team take an injured player? Parent is on IR till middle of March because he just had back surgery, that doesn't make him good trade bait at this time.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:46 PM
HockeyAndTheSox
Let's Go Pens&Yotes!

Upshall-Lombardi-Doan
Prucha-Hanzal-Vrbata
Pyatt-Lang-Asham
Bissonnette-Porter-Korpikoski

JovoCop-Yandle
Parent-Michalek
Vandermeer-Aucoin
---------------------------------------

Where is Winnik and Fiddler, Lepisto? What about when Kurt Sauer gets back hopefully before the olympics. The Coyotes hang up the phone here and say no thanks we're looking for OFFENSE not more defense and checking line players

HockeyAndTheSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:50 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5872
Asham and Parent for Lepisto and a draft pick I think I would do.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Piokinen

Do we still owe Philly something for that Carcillo - Upshall trade? :sarcasm

Piokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrek View Post
Do we still owe Philly something for that Carcillo - Upshall trade? :sarcasm
At this point if you just gave us our second rounder back I think you guys still win and we wouldn't be so burnt up about it.

Please?

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensteel71 View Post
Where is Winnik and Fiddler, Lepisto? What about when Kurt Sauer gets back hopefully before the olympics. The Coyotes hang up the phone here and say no thanks we're looking for OFFENSE not more defense and checking line players
No freakin way Sauer is back before the Olympics. I don't think he will even return this season, and if he does he won't be 100% till next season. This is why I'd be more open to trading for a depth defenseman, rather than a scoring forward at this point.

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 10:03 PM
mja
Negative Creep

As dumb as it sounds, I want the Flyers to hang on to Asham. He's perfect for that third line, skilled enough to hang with skill players, but tough enough to give them space to operate. He's been great at his role his entire tenure as a Flyer.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 10:27 PM
HockeyAndTheSox
Let's Go Pens&Yotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
No freakin way Sauer is back before the Olympics. I don't think he will even return this season, and if he does he won't be 100% till next season. This is why I'd be more open to trading for a depth defenseman, rather than a scoring forward at this point.
There was a report not too long ago by one of the Coyotes bloggers that they ran into Sauer somewhere and he said he was hopeful to start skating again during the Olympic break

HockeyAndTheSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 10:30 PM
jmichael7753

Quote:
Sauer is due back just after the olympics per his own testimony. he has been working out now and is in deed approaching his return to the ice.

jmichael7753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 11:26 PM
ted1971
History Of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
As dumb as it sounds, I want the Flyers to hang on to Asham. He's perfect for that third line, skilled enough to hang with skill players, but tough enough to give them space to operate. He's been great at his role his entire tenure as a Flyer.
i'm not interested in trading Asham either. I would be glad to give Them Parent for a pick.

ted1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 01:35 AM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted1971 View Post
i'm not interested in trading Asham either. I would be glad to give Them Parent for a pick.
How about an off-season trade like this...

'11 3rd rounder +Ahnelov

for

Parent (+ possible scrap prospect/borderline NHLer)

Old
01-28-2010, 02:14 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
How about an off-season trade like this...

'11 3rd rounder +Ahnelov

for

Parent (+ possible scrap prospect/borderline NHLer)
No chance. First of all, the Flyers don't need defensive prospects. That's the LAST thing in the world we need. Secondly, a third rounder in 2011 is just a slap in the face at this point.

If either Parent or Coburn is moved in a deal to PHX it would be in an RFA swap for Mueller.

Coburn was a first pairing defenseman who took a team to the Eastern Conference Finals two years ago. He's had an off year, but seems to have gotten back on the horse lately.

I'm not entirely sure how Mueller is playing, but he's not producing as well as you'd hoped probably.

If I were Holmgren I also wouldn't trade Coburn or Parent for Mueller without having some kind of idea why his production is so drastically low.

To put things into perspective a little bit...right now Coburn has more points than Mueller...

Regardless the Flyers are looking for assets, not pity toss-ins or defensive prospects. And we're also not looking to get ripped off.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 02:36 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Peter Mueller for Andrew Cogliano straight up.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 03:22 AM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

It would take something pretty outstanding for us to move Mueller. I like Parent, and Coburn even moreso but I wouldn't swap Mueller for either of those two straight up. As far as I'm concerned... I'd rather make a fair deal for a #5/6 defenseman this year (contingent on some concrete info regarding Sauer's return before season's end), as opposed to make a splash for a forward at the deadline.

Plus, I really wouldn't consider Ahnelov a "toss-in". I said "Ahnelov" not "Nick Ross". But hey, if the Flyers are set at D, great.

Old
01-28-2010, 03:28 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Plus, I really wouldn't consider Ahnelov a "toss-in". I said "Ahnelov" not "Nick Ross". But hey, if the Flyers are set at D, great.
Ahnelov is a good prospect, don't get me wrong. We just have Coburn, Carle, Parent, Bartulis, Syvret, Bourdon, Marshall, Bertilsson, Lehtivuori, and even Bodrov was recently signed. We have a ton of guys with NHL potential. We're short on forwards. And I didn't call him a toss-in. I called the 3rd round pick a toss-in.

Old
01-28-2010, 06:35 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Coburn was a first pairing defenseman who took a team to the Eastern Conference Finals two years ago. He's had an off year, but seems to have gotten back on the horse lately.
I look forward to your homeristic views on a daily basis. Coburn took a team to the ECF. If you say so. He played a part but he didnt take them anywhere.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 06:53 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
I look forward to your homeristic views on a daily basis. Coburn took a team to the ECF. If you say so. He played a part but he didnt take them anywhere.
It was he and Timonen. Hatcher was skating on one knee, and Smith's back was shot.

Losing Timonen and Coburn was one of the major reasons we couldn't compete against the Pens in that series. We were running two veteran shut-down defensemen at half capacity and an AHL defense behind them. Thinking that Coburn was not a vital part of that season and postseason is just blind disregard for the truth...something you do quite often.

The entire Flyers board has realized time and time again how much you belittle your own team, be it complete cynicism or just another tactic to get attention.

Really, it's getting old.

Regardless, if you want to argue about Coburn of two years ago, by all means start another thread of the Flyers board. In the meantime, don't bring your half-truths here in an attempt to derail any conversation that is taking place.

Old
01-28-2010, 08:34 AM
JCameron418

Jim Dowd & Steve Downie took the team to the ECF 2 years ago

JCameron418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 12:27 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
It was he and Timonen. Hatcher was skating on one knee, and Smith's back was shot.

Losing Timonen and Coburn was one of the major reasons we couldn't compete against the Pens in that series. We were running two veteran shut-down defensemen at half capacity and an AHL defense behind them. Thinking that Coburn was not a vital part of that season and postseason is just blind disregard for the truth...something you do quite often.

The entire Flyers board has realized time and time again how much you belittle your own team, be it complete cynicism or just another tactic to get attention.

Really, it's getting old.

Regardless, if you want to argue about Coburn of two years ago, by all means start another thread of the Flyers board. In the meantime, don't bring your half-truths here in an attempt to derail any conversation that is taking place.
half truths, that is funny coming from you. Guess coburn leading them to the ecf is 100% truth.You said he lead them, did you not? He was more of a passenger than leader my friend. Where did you see me say he wasnt an important part? Oh you didnt know did you? He sure as hell didnt lead them though. I really dont care what the flyers board realizes. I will not apologize for not being a homer like you and taking an objective point of view. Your points are getting old as is your constant felating of every flyer/flters prospect. Blind disreagrd for the truth, comical.

Old
01-28-2010, 12:41 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
half truths, that is funny coming from you. Guess coburn leading them to the ecf is 100% truth.You said he lead them, did you not? He was more of a passenger than leader my friend. Where did you see me say he wasnt an important part? Oh you didnt know did you? He sure as hell didnt lead them though. I really dont care what the flyers board realizes. I will not apologize for not being a homer like you and taking an objective point of view. Your points are getting old as is your constant felating of every flyer/flters prospect. Blind disreagrd for the truth, comical.
I swear you just seek out Chris to criticize him. Being honest dude.. its getting really old. Stop replying to him. You dont like our prospects, Chris likes our prospect, now who the **** cares.

And on that note, Kimo AND Coburn were a big part of that run. I know its hard to forget after Coburns one good year, but he was actually one of our better defensemen that year.

I do want Mueller....

EDIT: Here was our defense that year:

Timonen
Coburn
Hatcher
Modry
Smith
Jones
Kukkonen
Fitzpatrick

Now tell me Coburn wasnt one of our better defensemen

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 01:25 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I swear you just seek out Chris to criticize him. Being honest dude.. its getting really old. Stop replying to him. You dont like our prospects, Chris likes our prospect, now who the **** cares.

And on that note, Kimo AND Coburn were a big part of that run. I know its hard to forget after Coburns one good year, but he was actually one of our better defensemen that year.

I do want Mueller....

EDIT: Here was our defense that year:

Timonen
Coburn
Hatcher
Modry
Smith
Jones
Kukkonen
Fitzpatrick

Now tell me Coburn wasnt one of our better defensemen
Where did you see me once say coburn didnt play great that playoffs? I never ever said he didnít. What I object to is when someone says he lead the flyers to the efc. That is not correct imo. Yes he was one of the better dman but like you said look who his competition was that year. Doesnít change the fact he played very well. Do you honestly believe he lead the flyers to the ecf?

Not seeking anyone out at all. Just totally disagree with peoples opinion on diff subjects.
I do like some of the prospects just not to the extent that I think everyone is going to make. Flyers fans are becoming worse than pens fans when it comes to prospects in thinking that everyone is a star in the making.

Old
01-28-2010, 03:24 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Where did you see me once say coburn didnt play great that playoffs? I never ever said he didn’t. What I object to is when someone says he lead the flyers to the efc. That is not correct imo. Yes he was one of the better dman but like you said look who his competition was that year. Doesn’t change the fact he played very well. Do you honestly believe he lead the flyers to the ecf?

Not seeking anyone out at all. Just totally disagree with peoples opinion on diff subjects.
I do like some of the prospects just not to the extent that I think everyone is going to make. Flyers fans are becoming worse than pens fans when it comes to prospects in thinking that everyone is a star in the making.
"He was more of a passenger than leader my friend." To me that suggests that he didn't play well. Those are the half-truths I'm talking about. Now that someone else has confirmed what I said, you're switching your argument subtly. Now you're suggesting that he did play well? Coburn was in fact an integral part of that defense.

You do seem to seek certain people out, and you do realize you disagree with just about everyone right? Also, no one ever said that we had stars in our current prospect pool...ever. You make up things and put words in my mouth. It's very disturbing, honestly. Just because I like the way the Flyers prospect pool has a number of players who could compliment the core for the next couple of years, doesn't make my opinion invalid or overly optimistic.