HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LOL HABS Shutout'd in Tampa 3-0

Old
01-27-2010, 10:17 PM
pepperMonkey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Not even close, they don't have a top 10 pick to look forward to.
At least they have no goalie debate.

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 10:20 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
I'm so pissed at watching play MAB... He looks like a complete moron on the ice. Nobody wants to pass him the puck! Markov seems to hesitate before passing it to him.

He just makes the team around him worst!! I want him out of the team!
everybody wants that

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 10:21 PM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
I'm so pissed at watching play MAB... He looks like a complete moron on the ice. Nobody wants to pass him the puck! Markov seems to hesitate before passing it to him.

He just makes the team around him worst!! I want him out of the team!
Umm...so Markov hated passing the puck to MAB so much he passed to Tampa players instead? Sorry but MAB wasn't the only bad D making really bad plays today. Markov was just as bad (or worse).

Old
01-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Thinkbig

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
everybody wants that
I really don't think so.. The RDS crew love him. And I'm pretty sure some posters on here are willing to keep him.

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 10:22 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimoGionta View Post
I wonder what happened between the 6-0 and the game in Florida. It's like aliens snatched these guys during the night and vomited some sort of clone attrocity to replace them.
Martin cracked the whip. The team was getting too aggressive, can't have that.

Unfortunately we need to consider the possibility that the Rangers were bad rather than the Habs good.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 10:24 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post

Unfortunately we need to consider the possibility that the Rangers were bad rather than the Habs good.
They just lost again 5-1 to the Canes so it's a distinct possibility.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 10:24 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
As far as I know, Burke has unofficially said he's in a rebuild...no sorry, officially said that. The difference is? as much as we are in a mini-slump right now, his plan has completely blown up in his face.
He is an re-build, but he has also said he isn't giving up on the playoffs either. It is face value stuff for fans as well, but this guy wears his heart on his sleeve and hates to lose...do you ever see Gainey smile or jump when we score or win, or do you see him loosen the tie and get pissed off when the other team scores or wins???

There is a lack of emotion and connection to me.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 10:25 PM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post

Ugg Lundqvist is KILLING my fantasy pool team! Just imagine having Lundqvist instead of Price...oh lord...

Old
01-27-2010, 10:26 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
We need to score goals if we want to win.

How about that, Markov? Price showed up for the game. Markov didn't. It seems only the goalies give a damn.
The shot total is misguided. All of our shots were perimeter shots, no one in front of the net and we spent most of the game in our own zone. Turn-over after turn-over. They also gave many odd-man rushes at the beginning of the game.
Dude c'mon! You're gonna blame this loss on Markov? Anyway, as explained on L'Antichambre Price blamed the loss against the Blues on Markov for his cough up in OT and Markov told him to shut his mouth. If anyone was calling anyone out it was Price!!!

Small asterisk: I would also add that this loss tonight was in no way Price's fault either.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 10:28 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimoGionta View Post
I wonder what happened between the 6-0 and the game in Florida. It's like aliens snatched these guys during the night and vomited some sort of clone attrocity to replace them.
I think what happened was the top 5 guys said to the others forwards: "Hey guys, we had a lot of fun scoring against the Rangers (not to mention all the other games as of late). Why don't you guys try that sometimes? We're sure you'd enjoy it too. Here, we'll let you have all the fun against the Florida teams."

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 10:28 PM
Thinkbig

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
everybody wants that
Edit: i made a mistake

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
Seems like the team does not really want to play in front of Carey Price.
I am not a fan of Price or Halak, I am a fan of the Habs, that means the forwards and the defence and everyone wearing that jersey. I have watched this team for many good and bad years, but what confuses me about the last 5 years version of the Habs is the delusion of management. So many poorly handled situations, so little touch with what is going on with the team. I am even more confused when I hear Gainey mention things like, " Well, this player adressed a need we had" or "Going forward we hope to do blah blah blah". Just look at the way they are handling Halak, Jeez they are treating him like an orphan that they don't want, I mean the guy has been great for us, but as soon as he looses a game he's sitting on the bench . Why is management allowing Martin to use a coaching system that is clearly not working. I know major changes were made last summer, and out of it all Mike Cammelleri is the only positive. I hope we make the playoffs but I fear an early exit, I want some good results for a change, but I only see more of the same crap going forward.

Craig71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
TANK TANK TANK TANK!

I can't beleive it but I actualy wouldn't care if Montreal tanked it and landed a top 3 pick!
It's clear without the team being 1. Healthy 2. landing a true number 2 D and 3. more depth for the third line, this team has zero chances of succeeding in the playoffs.

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 10:32 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
How was it a horrible move to rush Price? He was a ****ing top 10 goalie that year and we where gonna lose Huet anyways so Gainey did the right move. You people make me ****ing laugh sometimes.

This is the way it actually happened, the truth. You guys know Huet got 5.5 on the open market, we were not even willing to pay him 4, Bob made the move that made the most sense. After 15 games no one was saying it was the wrong move, Price won 40 of his first 66 games or 2/3 which is stellar for any young goalie. Going with Price and Halak was reasonable. We could have a run and gun team with the speed we have, or at least play a 2-1-2 and have better results. We can all agree it is not a goalie issue as much as a team system issue.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 10:32 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
Dude c'mon! You're gonna blame this loss on Markov? Anyway, as explained on L'Antichambre Price blamed the loss against the Blues on Markov for his cough up in OT and Markov told him to shut his mouth. If anyone was calling anyone out it was Price!!!

Small asterisk: I would also add that this loss tonight was in no way Price's fault either.
Well didn't Gainey ask Price to be more vocal and to show more emotion...his leadership showed a veteran he screwed up and the veteran didn't like being singled out and acted immature and lashed out at the goalie for letting in a good goal.

If anything maybe Price showed more leadership than Markov.

Old
01-27-2010, 10:34 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
one thing that I hate right now it's Markov don't play well, I hope he will get better soon and he just need time because he was hurt .But I think Martin system don't work well with the kind of game Markov play.One thing Markov do great it's the long pass on the transition game he land alot of long pass but with Martin we all know that the forward need to play near the D-men. I think our system should be design around our best player but this year they try to protect our goaltenders with a passive system witch is fine with me when we can score some goals but the thing is it rarely work because with this system we can't score ****ing goals

and what's up with all the posters who point Markov after the lost just because he had a fight with Price a week ago get a girlfriend or something:laugh:
Seriously I don't get it either. Markov's been our best player for a long time now and he's PROVEN! Unlike Price. Yet it seems some people are ready to trade him because the ONE time he chooses to speak he puts Price in his place. Why is it that Price is so untouchable? Markov talks bad about him and he needs to be traded??? It's George W. Bush mentality: you're either with us or against us type of thing. Ridiculous!

Old
01-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
I think what happened was the top 5 guys said to the others forwards: "Hey guys, we had a lot of fun doing all the scoring against the Rangers (not to mention all the other games as of late). Why don't you guys try that sometimes? We're sure you'd enjoy it too. Here, we'll let you have all the fun against the Florida teams."

And Martin said no...No! Can't do that.

It reminds me so much of another famous game against the Rangers when Claude Julien was there. Habs were first overall in the East. We play a wide open game against the Rangers. Great game but we lose. Two games later, we replay the Rangers and Julien crack the whip and say no more wide open hockey, we're gonna trap. Habs win so Julien decide to make them play that system from now on. But then they start to lose and lose and lose until we almost miss the playoffs. It's like the coach and the players were having this power struggle. They wanted to play one way, he wanted them to play another way. I wonder if this is what happened against New York and then Florida.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 10:38 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
He is an re-build, but he has also said he isn't giving up on the playoffs either. It is face value stuff for fans as well, but this guy wears his heart on his sleeve and hates to lose...do you ever see Gainey smile or jump when we score or win, or do you see him loosen the tie and get pissed off when the other team scores or wins???

There is a lack of emotion and connection to me.
That sounds like a politician's (ie lawyer's, what he is) contradictory or deliberately confusing comment. Also I think Gainey's 5 year plan was not just to make the playoffs (cuz we've made them I think all years save one?) rather to be a contender. Burke is just saying he wants to make the playoffs and then get blown away. Not really inspiring. Of course this is personal taste, but I prefer Gainey's internally grounded disposition than Burke's abomination of a personality. I don't doubt for a second that Bob Gainey is absolutely dedicated to restoring the glory of the Montreal Canadiens. I've seen Gainey's pissed off face though (and no it's not the same as his happy face). Remember the PC last year with the Price-thoroughbred comment?

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 10:39 PM
habdynasty

when is Markov a free agent? he probably wants out of Montreal. His chances of getting his name on the cup in Montreal are zero . I predict in 5 years not one player on the current roster will still be here.

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 10:39 PM
habtastic

I just read on the ticker on RDS that MAB is having his jersey retired!!!!!!!

LOL/WTF!!!!

BTW- by his junior team or something...obviously (i hope)

Old
01-27-2010, 10:40 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Well didn't Gainey ask Price to be more vocal and to show more emotion...his leadership showed a veteran he screwed up and the veteran didn't like being singled out and acted immature and lashed out at the goalie for letting in a good goal.

If anything maybe Price showed more leadership than Markov.
First of all, I wouldn't say the goal was good. It was a wrist shot from far and Price went down too quick as usual. Second of all, I don't see how Markov was being anymore immature than Price. If Markov screwed up, he probably knows it and he doesn't need Price who seems to like to point the finger at everybody (see Spacek stare down) to tell him. Price should focus on his own play rather than blame everyone else, especially a proven veteran, for his troubles.

Old
01-27-2010, 10:41 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Seriously I don't get it either. Markov's been our best player for a long time now and he's PROVEN! Unlike Price. Yet it seems some people are ready to trade him because the ONE time he chooses to speak he puts Price in his place. Why is it that Price is so untouchable? Markov talks bad about him and he needs to be traded??? It's George W. Bush mentality: you're either with us or against us type of thing. Ridiculous!
I never read "trade Markov" anywhere. More like...don't be a dick if you yourself are playing just as "bad" if not worse since we need you to lead, not to start ****.

also if we want to dissect that one godamn goal...
My opinion is that it was on the D screwing up twice leading to a perfect shot (see the vids in other threads and this about snipers)

Old
01-27-2010, 10:48 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
He DID NOT talk PUBLICLY... Some ******* in the room reported it to Marinaro.

What's happening in the room MUST stay in tyhe room.

Markov should be the Captain of this team. Price should just shut up and play and practice his best.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 10:48 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Dude, what the **** are you talking about? Where did you see we want to trade Markov? Where did you see we blame Markov to say the things he apparently said to Price. Where did you see Price is untouchable? Theres actually a huge thread about trading Price. Your post is full of non-sense.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 10:51 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
First of all, I wouldn't say the goal was good. It was a wrist shot from far and Price went down too quick as usual. Second of all, I don't see how Markov was being anymore immature than Price. If Markov screwed up, he probably knows it and he doesn't need Price who seems to like to point the finger at everybody (see Spacek stare down) to tell him. Price should focus on his own play rather than blame everyone else, especially a proven veteran, for his troubles.
It was a goal scorers goal, give it up already and the Coaches and Press said the same.