Hey All, Velociraptor here. You may have known me as Thom Yorke, I hosted a draft last year and it was successful.
We will begin on MARCH 3RD, 2010, should the servers crash (A regular occurance on the trade deadline) our back up date will commence the following day, I'll decide the order on March 1st, which will be the NHL standings at the time.
1. 1 team per poster, and you must have 500 posts to your credibility, 300 if registered user.
2. Standard draft rules, 7 rounds
3. Trading is ALLOWED, but it has to meet my expectation and two other GM's. No lopsided trades please, we all want this to be a fun experience so everybody has a good time. These are always a blast and last somewhere from a month and a half to two months. So let's have some fun here guys.
4. We will be following a 12 hour clock, if you miss your turn you are skipped, if you do not make your pick in 24 hours, you will be assigned a consensus selection (BPA) by me or another GM, it will need to be confirmed by 2 other managers. If it happens twice I have no choice but to kick you from the draft. We want to keep this at a fast & fun pace so we all get our share of drafting.
5. Drafting from the 2010 Entry Draft Class (Hall, Seguin, etc.)
6. The order will be picked from the NHL standings to the night prior to start time, this means you have to consider potential movement up and down when dealing draft picks.
7. Any trades that happen from now until the trade deadline will NOT apply towards the draft board. What the draft board is at right now, is the one we follow. (i.e. Toronto's first and second round selection still belong to Boston, but any trade that would happen over the next month would not change the draft board)
8. You MUST PM the GM drafting after you, I cannot stress this enough. This is by far the most important process of the mock draft. We all have lives, so were not always looming the thread. Please try your very hardest to remember. And guys, even if your just dawdling around the board, feel free to drop the GM a notice. It's always appreciated so we can keep a healthy flow here.
9. HAVE FUN! Nothing too serious, it's all for a good time, no one get too serious. For some information regarding draft prospects, CSS (most reliable IMO) http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=59880 has recently posted their Mid-Season rankings, and you can check out a couple of mock drafts at www.mynhldraft.com, as well as http://nhlyoungguns.com.
10. This isn't GM game, it is a mock draft. So I won't be focusing on free agency, re-signings or buyouts. Just trading and drafting prospects, you are able to do as you wish (re-sign, etc.) but you won't need my clarification and such.
All the best guys, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to drop me a personal message, I'd be obliged to answer any of your questions, Thanks!
ANA - Cup
ATL - VikingAv
BOS - Backstrom #19
BUF - Haligonian
CAL - Sh0otnSc0re
CAR - DaveG
CHI - thefeebster
COL - Hasbro
CBJ - Timeless Winter
DAL - Modo
DET - redwingsfan
EDM - OilGagner89
FLA - habsman56
LA - Kingjordan
MIN - Pilot
MTL - Louis Houde
NSH - King Canuck
NJ - LeafsandSharksfan
NYI - TheRocket84
NYR - AmericanDream
OTT - Canuck71
PHI - RY4N
PHX - BiLLY_ShOE1721
PIT - Jano
ST.L - Chandrashekar Limit
SJ - X-SHARKIE
TB - JagerPuck
TOR - TribalPhoenix
VAN - Velociraptor
WSH - Langway
NJ 2010 1st round, NJ 2011 2nd round, NJ 2010 6th round and Matt Corrente
Scott Niedermayer, Petteri Nokelainen and Saku Koivu
PHX 2010 1st round
Colten Teubert, Michal Handzus, LA 2010 1st round, LA 2011 2nd round and LA 2010 3rd round
Kevin Bieksa and Cory Schneider
Cory Stillman, Jordan Leopold and FLA 2010 1st round
Joffrey Lupul and George Parros
FLA 2010 2nd round and FLA 2010 4th round
Jason Blake, Vesa Toskala and Jonas Frogren
EDM 2010 2nd Round
ANA 2010 6th Round and ANA 2012 6th Round
Ethan Moreau and Steve Staios
Andrei Zubarev and ATL 2010 2nd Round
2nd DAL 2010 Round and 2010 DAL 5th Round
Last edited by Velociraptor: 03-10-2010 at 01:29 PM.