HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kaberle to Boston (Crazy one)

Old
01-28-2010, 07:32 PM
liverpoolfcjr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
If I was Boston this would be my reaction:

this made me laugh SOOOOOOO hard

liverpoolfcjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Paris in Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Bruins don't have anyone (unfortunately) to take Ryder's place. As the deal is, we give up too much. Either take out the Tor #1 or add something else.

Kaberle, Kulemin

for

Ryder, Wideman, Tor 2, Tor 1 ('11), Byron Bitz
If there was anybody else we could add instead of Kulemin that would actually satisfy both fanbases? Unlikely, but I hate the idea of losing Kulemin

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 07:40 PM
sessiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean in Charge View Post
hahah

toronto will be dealing from a position of weakness (as will all sellers i think) come trade deadline. To toronto, the value of keeping kaberle would be a better end the season standings-wise... which is not something they want (although they would never admit this).

So, how would they be able to strong-arm a team into a deal like this?! I was talking with my buddy during the canucks game last night and floated the idea of Bieksa + Canucks 1st for Kaberle... but even then the idea of giving away a 1st round pick is just suicide to me!
Brain Burke and all of leaf nation laughs at u and moves along. Brain Burke mad it very clear that unless the deal is amazing, he's not going to trade kaberle and I stand by him. It's hard to come by a defender like kabbie nowadays.

sessiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Mark Stuart*

Yet another GIANT overpayment. What else is new?

Mark Stuart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 09:18 PM
capfit9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARAnator View Post
Since "u" can see the future, what "r" the winning lottery numbers for next week?
this has NOTHING to do with KNOWING the future, it's called TRENDS. I'm not saying Kaberle will fetch exactly this or that but just making a general observation about this year's deadline. so there's no need to be sarcastic. come up with a constructive critisism

capfit9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 10:10 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
Could be done at the trade deadline if Kaberle says yes or re-visited on draft day...

To Bos:
Kaberle

To Tor:
Wideman, Ryder, Bos 1st '10, Tor 2nd '10, Tor 1st '11

Wideman and Ryder both have negative value, that's why it has to be an overpayment.
No thank you, I would hope Chiarelli would think the same way. I would offer you the Bruins 1st for Kaberle, but that's absolutely as far as I would go.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 12:18 AM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by capfit9 View Post
this has NOTHING to do with KNOWING the future, it's called TRENDS. I'm not saying Kaberle will fetch exactly this or that but just making a general observation about this year's deadline. so there's no need to be sarcastic. come up with a constructive critisism
what you said before sure sounded more like a fact than observation. Had you said I think in there somewhere then sure it would be an observation.

Also everyone here pretty much knows there are overpayments at trade deadlines it is a given. Just like there are over payments towards draft pick during the draft and over paying a player in salary during free agency.
The difference is we all know an overpayment of that size will never occur unless a gm wants to be fired on the spot

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 07:22 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris in Flames View Post
If there was anybody else we could add instead of Kulemin that would actually satisfy both fanbases? Unlikely, but I hate the idea of losing Kulemin
Hagman and change Bitz to Sobotka (which will start a revolt w/ some B's fans) or you could keep it Bitz if you want:

Kaberle and Hagman

for

Tor 2011 #1, TB 2010 #2, Ryder, Wideman and Sobotka

Boston after the deal:

Lucic-Savard-Satan
Sturm-Bergeron-Recchi
Hagman-Krejci-Wheeler
Bitz-Begin-Thornton

Chara-Morris
Kaberle-Stuart
Ference-Boychuk

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 07:51 AM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
Hagman and change Bitz to Sobotka (which will start a revolt w/ some B's fans) or you could keep it Bitz if you want:

Kaberle and Hagman

for

Boston after the deal:

Lucic-Savard-Satan
Sturm-Bergeron-Recchi
Hagman-Krejci-Wheeler
Bitz-Begin-Thornton

Chara-Morris
Kaberle-Stuart
Ference-Boychuk

Take out 2n TB, and I think wouldn't be bad deal. But I'd like keep Sobotka

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 10:49 AM
gabeliscious

sounds like boston fans are open to the idea of trading toronto's 2011 first. based on the standings and the amount of games in hand i think boston can still make the playoff and a few leaf players can help.

whats everones thoughts on:

kaberle, poni , primeau for toronto's 2011 1st, toronto's 2010 2nd, ryder, and another expiring salary dump to balance poni/primeaus contracts.

the real meat of the deal is kabs for our 2011 first back but i include poni basically for our 2nd back. i think he would do well on your team, he is definitely an upgrade over bitz and probably ryder as well and at half the salary. he also could potentially be resigned at a much more manageable contract then ryder. if you prefer hagman to poni i am indifferent. primeau i think would be an asset on a playoff team far more then on a team like toronto. again, if there was something you preferred to primeau it is negotiable.

let me know your thoughts and if there is room for discussion here. i know toronto would love our first back next year and i think boston is not heavily favored to be a cup contender but your team is pretty solid imo, adding a few players like kabs to your pp and poni could really help imo.

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 10:54 AM
NinthSpoke06
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Please show me where you are getting these "trends" from? There is absolutely no such thing suggesting that someone is going to overpay for anyone at the deadline, yet you are stating it like its a definite.

Please show me something to back up your statement. Its a thoughtless statement that is backed up with no facts

Come up with some real facts.

NinthSpoke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 10:55 AM
BPD

Quote:
Could be done at the trade deadline if Kaberle says yes or re-visited on draft day...

To Bos:
Kaberle

To Tor:

Wideman and Ryder both have negative value, that's why it has to be an overpayment.
THE WEED

YOU SMOKE IT

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 10:56 AM
yohan1212

Quote:

To Bos:
Kaberle

To Tor:

LOL.. Hell NO....Add in Kadri and TOr 1st '12 and i might consider it.

yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 10:59 AM
Brownies

Quote:

To Bos:
Kaberle

To Tor:

Might aswell add Savard or Chara while you're at it...

Brownies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 11:16 AM
dubey
The Best (per IIHF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean in Charge View Post
hahah

toronto will be dealing from a position of weakness (as will all sellers i think) come trade deadline. To toronto, the value of keeping kaberle would be a better end the season standings-wise... which is not something they want (although they would never admit this).

So, how would they be able to strong-arm a team into a deal like this?! I was talking with my buddy during the canucks game last night and floated the idea of Bieksa + Canucks 1st for Kaberle... but even then the idea of giving away a 1st round pick is just suicide to me!
26 teams pretty much still in the playoff hunt
4 teams pretty much out

Position of weakness lol

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 11:34 AM
glucker

Quote:
Bruins don't have anyone (unfortunately) to take Ryder's place. As the deal is, we give up too much. Either take out the Tor #1 or add something else.

Kaberle, Kulemin

for

Ryder, Wideman, Tor 2, Tor 1 ('11), Byron Bitz
Bad deal for the Leafs, no way are they dealing Kulemin.

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 11:36 AM
glucker

Quote:

Kaberle and Hagman

for

Boston after the deal:

Lucic-Savard-Satan
Sturm-Bergeron-Recchi
Hagman-Krejci-Wheeler
Bitz-Begin-Thornton

Chara-Morris
Kaberle-Stuart
Ference-Boychuk
Hagman would probably be on the 2nd line, and Kaberle on the first pairing.

switch that 1st to Boston's this season and it's a good deal

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
How many first round picks were dealt last season? One. And that was by a team that owned *TWO* 1st rounders and the one they dealt was the Sharks 1st round pick (ie., a low 1st rounder).

Doesn't mean none will be dealt - but it does indicate that it'll likely be 2nd round picks that'll be deal alot more frequently this upcoming trade deadline.

2011 is by all accounts, expected to be a weak draft year. I would think NEXT years trading deadline will see more 1st rounders be dealt.

Kaberle's is a difficult case as he's not a rental and a good contract.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote