HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mucks out; Jacques in ?

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2004, 09:52 AM
chara

vCash: 500
Mucks out; Jacques in ?

His contract is up. He had his chance and the Sens and their fans' psyche is worse off than it was 2 years ago. He has done a poor job at MANAGING EXPECTATIONS.

Jacques knows this organization very well but does not have the killer instinct to be the coach. He's a smart guy, well respected in the league and the GM job will suit him fine.

But not coaching. Time for a fresh face who works well with young players and has a strong coaching track record - Paul Maurice. [Oh, by the way, he's beaten the Leafs too]

Old
04-22-2004, 10:39 AM
discostu

Quote:
Originally Posted by chara
His contract is up. He had his chance and the Sens and their fans' psyche is worse off than it was 2 years ago. He has done a poor job at MANAGING EXPECTATIONS.

Jacques knows this organization very well but does not have the killer instinct to be the coach. He's a smart guy, well respected in the league and the GM job will suit him fine.

But not coaching. Time for a fresh face who works well with young players and has a strong coaching track record - Paul Maurice. [Oh, by the way, he's beaten the Leafs too]
I don't want a "young players" coach on this team. We need someone that's adept at motivating veteran players. I'm not sure if Maurice is that guy or not. Given how long he's stayed in Carolina, my guess is he's a guy that doesn't make waves. That's not a good thing for this team. We need a risk-taker

Old
04-22-2004, 10:45 AM
HCH

If Melnyk is serious he should approach Joel Quenneville.

Old
04-22-2004, 11:02 AM
H2ODP

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
If Melnyk is serious he should approach Joel Quenneville.
No, he should approach Mike Keenan.. Quenneville is worse than Martin (Especially in dealing with enforcers like Neil, Ray)

Old
04-22-2004, 11:24 AM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensfan11
No, he should approach Mike Keenan.. Quenneville is worse than Martin (Especially in dealing with enforcers like Neil, Ray)
You could be right...Keenan would play the best players and bench people like Bonk who aren't doing well. Martin is far too laid back and players don't know when they're not playing up to expectations, but are kept in the lineup and don't change their game. Perfect example is Bonk. I'm sure he'd be a better player with someone like Keenan in.

Old
04-22-2004, 11:45 AM
chara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting004
You could be right...Keenan would play the best players and bench people like Bonk who aren't doing well. Martin is far too laid back and players don't know when they're not playing up to expectations, but are kept in the lineup and don't change their game. Perfect example is Bonk. I'm sure he'd be a better player with someone like Keenan in.

Keenan is washed up. Period.

Old
04-22-2004, 11:52 AM
SENSfreak_03

i dont want keenan on this team. he's good for a few years or less. then the team is in dismay. there is alot better then him. i wish we could get darryl sutter, but calgary wont drop him.

Old
04-22-2004, 12:03 PM
txpd

Why hire a new coach for a coming season period where there might be no hockey at all.
Fire Martin...fine. but no one will be hired til there is a need to coach again.

Old
04-22-2004, 12:32 PM
LGSens

there is one man that can lead this team. pay the price- whatever it is- and get scotty bowman.

Closed Thread