HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Best seats for ~50 dollars at St.louis

Old
01-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Philkessel

vCash: 500
Best seats for ~50 dollars at St.louis

Hi I was looking at the blues website and i was thinking of getting tickets either behind the net or at center ice in the 300 level.

Was wondering which seats you guys think are the better ones?

Philkessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 04:34 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Hey everyone,

I'm live in Indianapolis and I'm looking to come to a game in St Louis as well. I'm looking forward to hearing from you homers what seats would be better.

I'm thinking 122 / 104 or 300 level? Recommendations?

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Overkamp

vCash: 250
There used to be an interactive seating chart at stlouisblues.com but I can't find it on their site any longer.

There really is no bad seat in the house.

I always preferred up top because the crowd is more friendly but more importantly, I can see the whole ice. Lower seats are great for dates or newbies, but the glass always obstructs my view. I can't stand it.

300 level center ice would be ideal for someone like me.

Overkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 05:29 PM
BlueBeard

vCash: 50
The 300 level can get full of rowdy drunks which on rivalry games like against the Hawks can be a whole lot of fun to be in but it may not be the best area if you have kids with you. In the 300's I prefer center or in the corner where we attack twice facing the right point. I like having a face on view of EJ and Berglund in the offensive zone so that dictates how I pick my seats.

Do keep an eye out in the section where people sell their tickets because sometimes you can snag some nice lower bowl seats for cheap. I got some seats a couple rows off the glass against the Kings earlier this year for half the price.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 07:30 PM
Overkamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
The 300 level can get full of rowdy drunks which on rivalry games like against the Hawks can be a whole lot of fun to be in but it may not be the best area if you have kids with you. In the 300's I prefer center or in the corner where we attack twice facing the right point. I like having a face on view of EJ and Berglund in the offensive zone so that dictates how I pick my seats.

Do keep an eye out in the section where people sell their tickets because sometimes you can snag some nice lower bowl seats for cheap. I got some seats a couple rows off the glass against the Kings earlier this year for half the price.
I know a lot of the better ticket guys hang around the Rabbit across from Scottrade selling cheap tickets (not the guys that have a sign around their neck that says "Need tickets").

Old
01-28-2010, 07:55 PM
BlueBeard

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkamp View Post
I know a lot of the better ticket guys hang around the Rabbit across from Scottrade selling cheap tickets (not the guys that have a sign around their neck that says "Need tickets").
Sorry I should have been more specific I was talking about the ticket exchange on the Blues website or Stub hub not guys on the street.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Overkamp

I would try craigslist too.

Old
01-28-2010, 09:55 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
I prefer sitting in the lower bowl. I can go to games so infrequently I usually look at Club seats. If you eat/drink enough...go early (they start serving the free food an hour before) it usually turns into a decent deal. I like not feeling like I'm spending more money when I keep munching, the seats are really comfortable and the view is comparable to what you'd see from your TV set.

Every once in a while I try to get a seat close to the glass, which is always fun, but you do miss parts of the game when the action is far away. But with the TVs and stuff, you still know what's going on. I remember watching a guy get smashed right in front of me and another time ducking when the puck was coming straight at me. You don't get that on TV or in the Club seats or the 300s.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 09:58 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Just to clarify...the seats are more than $50, but you get free food and beer, at your seats. You can start getting stuff an hour before the game, too. I find I usually am spending $50+ on food anyway, so might as well enjoy the seats. The convenience of not having to get in lines is pretty nice, and there are bathrooms with no lines also. I just hate missing any action and I take young kids, so it helps me out.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 10:17 PM
mmitchell19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post

We have the exact same vantage point, but high in the lower bowl (Sec. 107, Row GG). It's the best seat in the building, imho...you can see pretty much 100% of the play (only real blind spot is WAY deep along the right-wing boards in the far end).

I believe those seats are in the $40-50 range for a single-game purchase. There always seems to be a few vacant seats in our section, so I'd certainly recommend checking out the official ticket exchanges for STH's selling their seats.

<brief pause...>

Just checked the Blues' website...a single-game seat where I normally sit is $53. If you don't care which end of the ice you occupy, the same section at the other end (opponents shoot twice) is $39/ticket/game.

mmitchell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 04:04 PM
BlueNuts

Go to Scottradecenter.com. You can see the vantage point from each section. Check it out...

BlueNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 10:52 PM
Philkessel

Thanks everyone for the responses

Philkessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 01:49 AM
MissouriBlues2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNuts View Post
Go to Scottradecenter.com. You can see the vantage point from each section. Check it out...
http://www.scottradecenter.net/STC-a...ngaccess.html#

Click "seat locator" at the right

MissouriBlues2008 is offline   Reply With Quote