HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Fire Sather! Fire Sather Rally TODAY At 5pm

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
I hate Sather, but thats not even remotely true.

Old
02-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Capitain Midnight
Trust me, I'm a doc

Boo to the OP....back up your post..

Old
02-11-2010, 06:25 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

HAHAHA I just thought it would be fun to post whether it is really truthful or not.

As per him being a bad GM, the evidence has been widely talked about around these boards.

Old
02-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

I have an idea, let us donate $5 and we can take out a page in the newspaper saying why we should fire Sather.

This is he would for sure see.

Old
02-11-2010, 09:29 PM
satrabyk

He aquires players based on 1 play or a hit he saw and thinks "Well now i've got that guy on my team, he cant hurt me. Think about it, he get players primarily on who has hurt the Rangers. What he doesent get, is the reason these players are not signed by there current teams is that most of the time they are not that good and do not deserve a contract. Fire him, please do this Rally.

Old
02-12-2010, 04:11 AM
topcat986*

Slats is gone Messier is taking over.

Old
02-12-2010, 04:39 AM
IceBear86
Broadway Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat986 View Post
Slats is gone Messier is taking over.
I take that as a carneval joke, also because you postet it on 11:11.......you guys have carneval right now, too, don't you?!?!

Old
02-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBear86 View Post
I take that as a carneval joke, also because you postet it on 11:11.......you guys have carneval right now, too, don't you?!?!
My colleagues in Bonn/Köln are all dressed up and crazy... No carnival here in Vienna, Austria...

I wish the NYR would bring in someone such as Wings Assist. GM Jim Nill, he's learned from the best and knows how to build a winner... not a star PLAYER who has 0 GM experience...

Old
02-13-2010, 08:38 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
I wish the NYR would bring in someone such as Wings Assist. GM Jim Nill
Agreed X10 but we all know how Jimmie Dolan loves his big names. Does he even know who Nill is?

Old
02-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
We've now have the second worst GM in the league behind Don Waddell, sigh.....
Lets not get too crazy here. Slats is bad at signings UFAs, Waddell is just bad at, well everything. How they both still have thier jobs is strange to say the least.

Also since the threads are merged now stop saying Slats won that trade with the Habs. In my opinion we are losing it unless McDonagh turns out to be solid. You guys must think we won that Kovalev trade with them also if this is considered a win already.

Old
02-13-2010, 07:26 PM
nikzherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Lets not get too crazy here. Slats is bad at signings UFAs, Waddell is just bad at, well everything. How they both still have thier jobs is strange to say the least.

Also since the threads are merged now stop saying Slats won that trade with the Habs. In my opinion we are losing it unless McDonagh turns out to be solid. You guys must think we won that Kovalev trade with them also if this is considered a win already.

weren't we able to sign gaborik because of that trade??

Old
02-13-2010, 07:29 PM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:

The winning losing debate is stupid. Are we better off with or without the trade is the better question. One that is pretty obvious to anyone with common sense.

Old
02-13-2010, 07:30 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikzherdev View Post
weren't we able to sign gaborik because of that trade??
More like we let Morris, Mara, and Z walk to sign him. This is one of the youngest bluelines I ever seen as a Ranger fan.

Old
02-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
The winning losing debate is stupid. Are we better off with or without the trade is the better question. One that is pretty obvious to anyone with common sense.
In the end I like how it worked out don't get me wrong. I think Olli is a better investment than Gomez and we keep McDonagh so in the end it worked out, but that trade in itself for the players that were moved is what i'm saying. In reality we gave up a 1st line center for a bottom line winger and two prospects, one in which looks like we will never see.

Old
02-13-2010, 08:31 PM
rangerfan_79

Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
Quote:
In the end I like how it worked out don't get me wrong. I think Olli is a better investment than Gomez and we keep McDonagh so in the end it worked out, but that trade in itself for the players that were moved is what i'm saying. In reality we gave up a 1st line center for a bottom line winger and two prospects, one in which looks like we will never see.
not to change topics:
you would be hard pressed to find one other team besides the Canadians and the Rangers that would consider Gomez a first line center.

Back on topic:
In moving the Gomez contract that allowed us to sign Gaborik. We could go all the way back and add and subtract players and say it contributed but in the end moving one made the other one possible.

If not for bad UFA signings we would be in much better shape but hindsight is almost always 20/20. 8)

Old
02-13-2010, 09:17 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Before we fire Sather, let's just pray he trades Vinny, Jokinen, Girardi and Brashear at the deadline. I'd really like then to target Kovalchuk. If hank gets 3 goals a game he will make it stand.

Old
02-13-2010, 10:51 PM
Ross Rhea
Nathan Flomm

Cheechoo to Binghamton should greenlight Redden to Hartford, but that doesn't mean Sather will do it. It's not exactly the same situation, given that Murray acquired Cheechoo via trade and the Rangers acquired Redden via UFA, but it's a similar situation given the players' past performances and their performances this season. Potter, Sauer, Sanguinetti, and Heikinnen would be potential replacements for Redden. 9 points in 54 games this season is criteria enough for Sather to do this tomorrow. This move would change the cap situation and potentially the landscape of the team.

Last edited by Ross Rhea: 02-14-2010 at 05:52 AM.
Old
02-14-2010, 07:44 AM
dedalus

Quote:
The problem, however we view this series of trades, is that all we really have is a seemingly endless shuffling of assets that changes nothing on the ice.

Old
02-17-2010, 06:58 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
ill be on the blueshirt banter radio show with jim and eddie on blog talk radio at 9 pm tonight to give an update on the rally.. site isnt letting me put a link to the show on, if you need the link pm me

Old
02-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Osminator

What really p*sses me off is the terrible drafting the Rangers have been doing... Look at Hartford, the apparent "development" team for the NYR... a bunch ECHLers, overage undrafted juniors signed to pro contracts, NHL rejects (Rissmiller, Brashear, Arnason) and bust prospects from other organizations (Williams)... The Rangers have exactly ONE true prospect: Grachev. Period. And he is having an awfully slow season...

Enough of the Hugh Jessiman's, Al Montoya's and Bruce Graham's already!

FIRE SATHER AND THE WHOLE SCOUTING CREW (minus the Swedish scout)!!!

Old
02-17-2010, 07:50 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
What really p*sses me off is the terrible drafting the Rangers have been doing... Look at Hartford, the apparent "development" team for the NYR... a bunch ECHLers, overage undrafted juniors signed to pro contracts, NHL rejects (Rissmiller, Brashear, Arnason) and bust prospects from other organizations (Williams)... The Rangers have exactly ONE true prospect: Grachev. Period. And he is having an awfully slow season...

Os, I completely feel your pain (and I worry that this year may be doing real damage to Grachev's development). But the problem isn't drafting - unfortunately, HFD is suffering from a tragedy and a bust in the first two rounds of '07 and, primarily, a bad job of adding AHL vets this past summer (at least IMO).

There's a LOT of talent coming from the '08 and '09 drafts and Hagelin represents some real talent from an otherwise lacking '07 draft (after Cherry's death). But, unfortunately, they're all either playing in college or are too young to escape juniors. Meanwhile, a lot of our guys from '05 and '06 have graduated to the big club or were let go to save the contract space for new guys coming up.

None of this on its own is terrible. But it does create a void - which needs to be filled with smart AHL vet signings. It also requires a good job from the coaching staff. Not surprisingly, Slats let us down with his UFA AHL signings (why should the league down be any different?) last summer. And I'm also convinced it's time to move on from Kenny G.

Old
02-17-2010, 08:17 PM
GAGLine

Quote:

I think that's a bit unfair. The Pack are having a down year, but they've been good every other year. We've got a good number of solid prospects in the NCAA (Krieder, Stepan, Hagelin, McDonagh) and we've got a few good ones in juniors (Werek, Bourque, Kundratek, Horak). We've had several prospects graduate from Hartford in recent years (Girardi, Dubinsky, Callahan, Korpikoski, Anisimov, Dawes). And we've had 2 players skip Hartford completely in Staal and MDZ (3 if you count Gilroy). Pyatt was traded.

It's just a bad time for Hartford right now where the majority of our best prospects have already gone on to the big club, or are still in juniors/ncaa. Couple that with all the injuries the Pack have had, and what do you expect?

Old
02-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Ross Rhea
Nathan Flomm

Redden might make our Hartford team better

Old
02-17-2010, 09:42 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:

Sauer? Sanguinetti?

Old
02-17-2010, 11:54 PM
McMonster
THANKS BOB

yea nobody is going...

Closed Thread