HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Avs vs. Stars | 6:30 MTN | Jan. 29, 10

Old
01-30-2010, 11:41 AM
NWAvsFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
the overreaction in this thread is so awesome.

SEASONS OVER FOLKS LET THE TANK BEGIN
Yeah, the reaction is epic "sky falling".

I also don't care for how the team is playing but bad habits develop sometimes when you are young and winning. Towards the end of this streak there were a couple games where we were getting all the calls and bounces otherwise we wouldn't have won. The bounces aren't coming now and we are paying for the lazy play. I expect the team to correct and stay in the playoff hunt. We have a young staff and team who are all learning the keys to consistency. You have to see when you are winning "badly" and make the corrections then.

It is exciting to watch this team and understand the potential. Reaching that potential will take work though and some of the flaws are only exposed in games like these last two. I have been very impressed with the teams ability to learn from its mistakes.

NWAvsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
As much as we waited to late to trade Svatos , i dont think it would be wise to trade Wolski . Trading him , at his age and his potential could backfire on us big time . then again we waited for Svatos and now we are kinda stuck with him .
The thing with Wolski is...we keep talking about him as a great talent, but if he keeps playing on the perimeter....What else is there, really???

I think that's what was so exciting about him earlier, he was driving the net and playing in the high traffic area's, but I think it's becoming apparent he truly will be a perimeter player at the NHL level.

When he's not going to the net, he's not scoring goals consistently.

I think he has proven that, on the perimeter he is more of a 65 pt. guy. He's shown us who he is on the perimeter. A good, but not great player.

Yea, he's got all the skills with the puck in the universe, but he lacks things like the decisiveness and anticipation needed for a great perimeter player.

Amazing talent is only useful when it's utilized right. His skill set is that of a guy who should be taking the puck and walking into traffic areas, not trying to be pierre turgeon.

Helton4Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Grackle Party
Varls Barkley 2k12

vCash: 50
Drove from Austin to Dallas to see this first hand...

Heres a few things I saw

First line was a no show... Stewart was getting pushed around. I was dissapointed

Foote was brutal, tried to play angry after the second goal but just looked sloppy

Duchene is our best player.

Liles got pushed around and wasnt very good

Someone should have knocked Ott out.

Overall the team looked sloppy and tired

Grackle Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 05:45 PM
Pure

vCash: 665
Didn't get to see the game (hate not having a stream), the Avs looked like they got outchanced. If it wasn't for the posts and Andy we would have been blown out.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 07:26 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
These games happen folks. The nucks are currently losing 3-0 to Toronto right now which is great. Avs need to win the next game.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 08:23 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
NVM stupid leafs. I was rewatching the hi-lites from this game and Not once did I see Casper out there. I hate raggin on the guy but he seriously is a differnt player on the road kinda reminds me of Ladislav Nagy a few yrs back where Nagy had like 10 points on the road all yr or something like that...Duchene's goal was Bure'esque. That second goal Anderson let in was all on him but he was absolutely left on an island all night. Avs need a better effort against the Rangers.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

I haven't read this whole thread, but this team continues to play to the level of their competition, which is a sign of a young, inexperienced group. After clobbering Dallas at home, how did you think they were going to approach the same group just a week later? They didn't play their game, they let Dallas, and Minny the night before, dictate tempo, and they lost both games because of it.

It's the same thing with all the blown leads this year. Once they get a comfortable lead, they quit attacking, they play soft, and they end up losing points because of it. They've given away 4 points in the last two games, and now they trail tNucks by 4 points in the division, after Toronto pissed away a 3-0 lead tonight.

I have faith in these guys though. It seems that when they are doubted, or they have something to play for, this year they come through. Colorado needs to take advantage of this 14 game trip Vancouver is on, cause you know Vancouver isn't going to win more than 7-8-9 of those games, and stop giving away easy points.

Bill Peckerskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Bonzai12

vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Peckerskull View Post
It's the same thing with all the blown leads this year. Once they get a comfortable lead, they quit attacking, they play soft, and they end up losing points because of it.
That's not just this year. That's the story of this franchise since day 1. This system of dump and chase loses some of the "chase" in the third period. Sometimes it hasn't mattered, but when the talent level isn't good it's really affected this franchise. They rely too much on the goalie to ice games for them with big saves in the third. Roy was able to do it. Anderson's almost there but not yet.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 10:48 PM
wondeROY
danglesnipecelly.nee

I was at the game last night, got some nice pics and some video on my flip cam. My thoughts were pretty much already covered. Wolski needs to get it in gear, we know he will always be a streaky player, but his laziness is getting a bit ridiculous. Stoa is simply not going to cut it at this level of play, Duchene is glaringly our best player now, this kid is going to be unreal in a couple of years.

Overall the Avs were tired from the snooze fest with Minny, Dallas wanted revenge after the 2 game throttling of 8-1 total, and they are desperate for wins right now, Avs rarely play well in this building and it was sort of expected. We could of used hejduk last night, but TJ and Duchy had 2 big goals and i'm proud of the kids. Not a panic lose by any means, a tired team and I believe they will bounce back soon if not tomorrow night.

wondeROY is offline   Reply With Quote