HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Changes on the top two lines (Hartnell switches to the right side)

Old
01-30-2010, 09:13 AM
jb**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Quite frankly, I find it hard to believe that there is a likable Flyers team you can remember.

This team is fine. Everyone panics after every loss here.
The overly optimistic one speaks again. How can you honestly say this team is fine? They have played .500(give or take a little) hockey for well over a year now. That is fine to you? How is playing avg hockey fine? How is being inconcistent all year fine? Well to me it isnt. Having witenessed this orginization continue to come up short for over 30 years now doesnt sit well with me chief. your comical to belive everything is fine. You shoudl apply for a job with the flyers,they would love your attitude.

Who is panicing? This team frankly just isnt that good. Myself and many others thought otherwise and were proven wrong. But in your opinion everything is fine. guess sittign in 6th place by a pubic hair is ok for you. Not for me as i have higher expectations.

there have been plenty of teams that were likeable. This team isnt. With there care free attitude(and lack of results to back it up), there lazy play, lack of consistent effort and many other things make them not likeable. But there fine right?

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 09:29 AM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
This team is fine. Everyone panics after every loss here.
We have the most manic fanbase in all of sports. It's like having free tickets to a sideshow. Just sit back and enjoy the show.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
NWO, I have two questions:

1) What is with you featuring black guys with atypically sized bodies (one super large on very small) in your avatars?

2) Is the difference between there/they're/their really too much of a hassle for you to be bothered with?

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 09:49 AM
jb**

[

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post

1) What is with you featuring black guys with atypically sized bodies (one super large on very small) in your avatars?

2) Is the difference between there/they're/their really too much of a hassle for you to be bothered with?
1. It is the Haiti kid, a midget wrestler. Just showing support, lol. Previously it was abdullah the butcher, just a wrestler i like. Theyjust happen to be black which i really didnt give any thought too.

2. yes. i type fast and really dont worry about grammer or spelling to be honest

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 11:33 AM
DrHamburg

I think this is a mistake, I would have preferred JVR on the line with carter not powe. To me powe is an above average 3rd line and will be an average 2nd liner. I hope i am wrong.

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 11:42 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHamburg View Post
I think this is a mistake, I would have preferred JVR on the line with carter not powe. To me powe is an above average 3rd line and will be an average 2nd liner. I hope i am wrong.
Hes a role player, just a complimentary guy. We dont have the talent for 3 full scoring lines

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 12:03 PM
rban*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
One of the problems of having 7 capable top 6 players; either one guy is lost in the fold on a third/energy line or the talent is spread over three lines and players who may not be ready or talented enough end up on scoring lines.

I don't mind the switch. Hartnell needs something to get him going this season and maybe this will be it; Gagne and Richards could benefit from this move, too. Powe can't be any worse than Hartnell has been this season with Carter and Briere.
Seven Top 6 players? I count 5.

Giroux and JVR will be very very good... but this season, they are on course to get less than 20 goals each.

Is that a Top 6 perfromance in terms of offensive output?

Not yet. Next season, yes, but not now. (and yes, I have watched them play and know that numbers aint everything, but still)

rban* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 12:23 PM
FlyerX

Laviolette has the Frenchies separated like trouble making schoolkids . . . bad idea. Gagne-Giroux-Briere . . . make it so!

FlyerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 12:28 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rban View Post
Seven Top 6 players? I count 5.

Giroux and JVR will be very very good... but this season, they are on course to get less than 20 goals each.

Is that a Top 6 performance in terms of offensive output?

Not yet. Next season, yes, but not now. (and yes, I have watched them play and know that numbers aint everything, but still)
I consider players that have outplayed out "top 5" part of the top players on our team. Giroux and JVR have arguably been our best forwards for the past few games. When your outplaying some of the vets on the team, I consider them "top".

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 12:52 PM
Mike Richards 18

you need to also remember who Giroux JVR Asham have been going up against as of late compared to Richie and Carts lines

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 01:18 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Richards 18 View Post
you need to also remember who Giroux JVR Asham have been going up against as of late compared to Richie and Carts lines
So players who play on the 3rd line are automatically considered "lower" because of who they play. Obviously they play little bit easier players, but all the points they have (Asham has 10 in the last 12 games) shows how well they are playing, not just who they are playing.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 01:25 PM
mm6492

And it pays dividends

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 03:25 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerX View Post
Laviolette has the Frenchies separated like trouble making schoolkids . . . bad idea. Gagne-Giroux-Briere . . . make it so!
man that line would get ravaged by bigger defensemen...but they'd make some nice plays!

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post

The is nothing stopping NWO from putting photos of his boyfriends in the avatar.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote