HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rock Riley claims Lecavalier has been asked to waive his NMC

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2010, 08:27 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

vCash: 500
Rock Riley claims Lecavalier has been asked to waive his NMC

Well, he said no trade and couldn't really figure that difference out, but yeah. Its Rock Riley, so its probably/usually false.

Old
01-30-2010, 08:29 AM
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 107
I've never known Rock Riley to talk about the Lightning and I've always thought he was an idiot.

Old
01-30-2010, 08:31 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Want Revenge View Post
I've never known Rock Riley to talk about the Lightning and I've always thought he was an idiot.
Pretty much, yeah. Someone called in and was ranting about the team as well, kind of funny. No love for Lawton.

Old
01-30-2010, 08:32 AM
Lecavilier_4

Send a message via MSN to Lecavilier_4
Trading Lecavalier will require money coming back our way. My only hope is that the money coming back is on contracts that are up at the end of the season. Moving that amount of cap space is near impossible and I know that we will end up with some ****** contract that we are gonna be stuck with for like 3 years which will defeat the purpose of moving him in the first place.

Old
01-30-2010, 08:37 AM
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecavilier_4 View Post
Trading Lecavalier will require money coming back our way. My only hope is that the money coming back is on contracts that are up at the end of the season. Moving that amount of cap space is near impossible and I know that we will end up with some ****** contract that we are gonna be stuck with for like 3 years which will defeat the purpose of moving him in the first place.
If we trade Lecavalier will you change your name to Stamcos_91?

Old
01-30-2010, 08:37 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
If we trade Lecavalier will you change your name to Stamcos_91?

Old
01-30-2010, 08:45 AM
ThunderAlleyNomad

If Riley gets something right it will be an accident.

Slightly OT, why is the sports coverage in this town so horrible? And not just for hockey, although that's the worst. It's all bad. I miss Chris Thomas.

Old
01-30-2010, 08:54 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post

Slightly OT, why is the sports coverage in this town so horrible? And not just for hockey, although that's the worst. It's all bad. I miss Chris Thomas.
CT was awesome.

As for the rest, I don't know, but yeah, its terrible. Very terrible.

Old
01-30-2010, 10:14 AM
gobolt7

Please add Rock Riley to the list of everyone else (minus Whitney Johnson twice) from WDAE that couldn't find the Lightning locker room with a road map, compass, or GPS.

Old
01-30-2010, 10:16 AM
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
Please add Rock Riley to the list of everyone else (minus Whitney Johnson twice) from WDAE that couldn't find the Lightning locker room with a road map, compass, or GPS.
To be fair Duemig can't find the locker room because he's not able to legally drive to it.

Old
01-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Felonious Python
TyJo

Quote:

Tampa didn't have any teams when good sports reporting, or even good reporting, sold. The news industry also knows that the sports coverage specifically is not what convinces people to buy the paper, or watch their broadcast. It is a large component, but having a good sports coverage alone isn't going to increase their numbers. There are plenty of other sources that focus on those things exclusively.

There's not many who will stop buying the paper in lieu of online sources because of quality, then go back to buying the paper when the quality picks up again. It's not cheaper, and it's not easier.

The news is more of a daily diversion for most people than it is from a deep concern about what's happening.

Also, sports aren't inherently important. It's all about the value given to them by individuals.

Old
01-30-2010, 10:44 AM
ThunderAlleyNomad

So basically Tampa Bay has **** for decent sports coverage because the media outlets refuse to pay for decent talent, as they don't believe it will make them any additional money? In which case we can look forward to awful coverage for the forseeable future, unless somebody accidently picks up a good reporter that slipped through the cracks for cheap?

And don't even get me started on the quality of the actual news coverage in this town. Whole different rant.

Old
01-30-2010, 10:52 AM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
So therefore this couldn't possibly, in a million ****ing years, be true. He's going people. It's going to happen.

Old
01-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimismRestrainer View Post
So therefore this couldn't possibly, in a million ****ing years, be true. He's going people. It's going to happen.
I want to happen, I would just like it to come from anyone other than Rock Riley.

Old
01-30-2010, 11:08 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
To be fair Duemig can't find the locker room because he's not able to legally drive to it.
"Its blurry man, theres like four doors here. Where do I place my bets?"

Old
01-30-2010, 11:16 AM
ThunderAlleyNomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
"Its blurry man, theres like four doors here. Where do I place my bets?"
That's not being very nice to the lapdog. He can't help it if a little something got into his water bowl.

So anyhow, if all of the speculation about Vinik is true and he really does insist on trading Vinny before buying the team, what the hell happens if Vinny refuses to waive his NMC? He refuses to buy the team? Somehow I really don't see it happening.

Old
01-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
That's not being very nice to the lapdog. He can't help it if a little something got into his water bowl.

So anyhow, if all of the speculation about Vinik is true and he really does insist on trading Vinny before buying the team, what the hell happens if Vinny refuses to waive his NMC? He refuses to buy the team? Somehow I really don't see it happening.
It wouldn't be another day in Tampa without Vinny trade rumors.

Old
01-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Maria

Quote:

Vinny can give him or anyone coming in here the middle finger, and just say screw you people!!!!

I wouldn't blame him at all, he has had enough of this bs, he can be as selfish as he wants.

Old
01-30-2010, 12:15 PM
BRichards19

Listening to Espo on my way home during the second intermission last night, he completed ripped in to all these rumors. I don't remember who said it (maybe he/she can take credit for it), but someone said that Espo talks like "he hasn't prepared for the game at all and speaks completely what's on his mind." That's what makes him great.

I still don't believe a second of it. Huge thing today in the Times about how Vinny and his agent have still yet to be approached about any sort of waiving of his NMC.

Old
01-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
Vinny can give him or anyone coming in here the middle finger, and just say screw you people!!!!

I wouldn't blame him at all, he has had enough of this bs, he can be as selfish as he wants.
The Lightning and Vinik can be as selfish as they want too. Don't want to say yes to a trade? Okay, you're a healthy scratch until you do. There are probably other things that can be done too.

Old
01-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Maria

Quote:
The Lightning and Vinik can be as selfish as they want too. Don't want to say yes to a trade? Okay, you're a healthy scratch until you do. There are probably other things that can be done too.

sure, pay 10 million for the guy to sit on the bench, that is not a bad job at all.

Im sure it would sit very well with fans,have new owners and treat the most loyal guy on the team like crap, because unlike you and a very few others than hate/dislike Vinny, the majority love him and would stop supporting the team if they tream him like that. The building is empty now, it will be even more if they run Vinny out of town.

Old
01-30-2010, 01:48 PM
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
sure, pay 10 million for the guy to sit on the bench, that is not a bad job at all.

Im sure it would sit very well with fans,have new owners and treat the most loyal guy on the team like crap, because unlike you and a very few others than hate/dislike Vinny, the majority love him and would stop supporting the team if they tream him like that. The building is empty now, it will be even more if they run Vinny out of town.
Getting 10 million to sit in the pressbox is great for you and me but any player who has an ounce of respect for themself or the game will want to play.

The building is empty while Lecavalier is still on the team so what difference would it make if he's traded? Fans, especially Lightning fans are idiots, the second the Lightning stop being an embarrassment they will come back. Maybe not the ones who jumped on the wagon June 7th 2004 but alot of them.

I'm fine with Lecavalier on the team, but if it costs us Stamkos/Hedman in the future or we turn into what Atlanta will be if they re-sign Kovalchuk I will be disappointed. But then again I freely admit I root for the crest on the front, not the name on the back. I've been a Lightning fan long before Vinny and will be one long after.

Old
01-30-2010, 02:39 PM
CSampson

Quote:
Getting 10 million to sit in the pressbox is great for you and me but any player who has an ounce of respect for themself or the game will want to play.

The building is empty while Lecavalier is still on the team so what difference would it make if he's traded? Fans, especially Lightning fans are idiots, the second the Lightning stop being an embarrassment they will come back. Maybe not the ones who jumped on the wagon June 7th 2004 but alot of them.

I'm fine with Lecavalier on the team, but if it costs us Stamkos/Hedman in the future or we turn into what Atlanta will be if they re-sign Kovalchuk I will be disappointed. But then again I freely admit I root for the crest on the front, not the name on the back. I've been a Lightning fan long before Vinny and will be one long after.

Not to mention the NHLPA filing some sort of grievance . Anyone read that article from the Hockey News? Saying that a Vinny to Habs trade was done in the summer but Bettman nixed it. The article also said that a trade to LA was on the table.

I don't have a ****ing clue what to believe anymore. Financially we can't keep Vinny long term. Stamkos and Hedman are gonna cost us, especially Stamkos. There is no way we keep Vinny over him, so logically it means Vinny needs to find a new home. If we got Simmonds and Johnson in return, like reported, I say we do it. But that's why we post on HF Boards and are not in the executive board room.

Old
01-30-2010, 02:41 PM
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSampson View Post
Not to mention the NHLPA filing some sort of grievance . Anyone read that article from the Hockey News? Saying that a Vinny to Habs trade was done in the summer but Bettman nixed it. The article also said that a trade to LA was on the table.

I don't have a ****ing clue what to believe anymore. Financially we can't keep Vinny long term. Stamkos and Hedman are gonna cost us, especially Stamkos. There is no way we keep Vinny over him, so logically it means Vinny needs to find a new home. If we got Simmonds and Johnson in return, like reported, I say we do it. But that's why we post on HF Boards and are not in the executive board room.
The NHLPA can file a grievance all they want. It's not against the rules to scratch a healthy player.

Old
01-30-2010, 02:59 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Drej

I just can't see any trade happening. To me if they really wanted to get rid of Vinny they would have done it last year before his NMC kicked in and we weren't currently in 8th place. It was the perfect opportunity. They could have gotten some great picks for that awesome draft, and had a little more depth for this season. They could have done it at the trade deadline or the draft. This was the second season in a row we were dreadful, and there was every reason to trade him.

Seriously what is the point of a NMC if the team is going to force you to go through with the trade anyway. It can only make the team image go down, which isn't so great to begin with. After giving Vinny a NMC are you really going to do stuff to make your captain, franchise player, the most loyal player this team has ever had, Mr. Classy, who does so much for the fans and community, etc leave on those terms. If so there is no hope for this team. You did it to Boyle already and maybe to Kuba, but to do it to Vinny....that would just be terrible. If the team were to punish Vinny until he accepts a trade...

Closed Thread