HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kopitar's First 100 Goals (+1)

Old
01-29-2010, 12:03 AM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

vCash: 500
Kopitar's First 100 Goals (+1)

This didn't take long to show up on YouTube. Wow!

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 12:05 AM
JDM

That must have been put together a while ago and the guy was waiting to add the 100th.

Still... awesome. Would be more awesome if the video wasn't so choppy I couldn't bear to watch more than the first 20 of them.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 12:43 AM
redcard

He's so overated, ~4% of his goals are empty netters........

Course, whoever put this together is just going to have to make another one next season for his first 200 goals

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 01:48 AM
eleventy

I noticed that the majority of his goals this year are of the power forward variety. A lot of the ones before this season were of the sniper variety.

eleventy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 02:08 AM
riseandfall9

I think that 1st game against the Ducks really really put it into this kids mind that he could do some serious damage at the NHL level. It was a huge booster for him.

Did anyone notice that Kopitar is a Stars and Sharks killer? Like seriously lol.

Took Kopitar a few less years to do the same thing Brown did aswell. At this pace I think hes destine to be a 500 goal scorer and hopefully every last one of them is with a crown on his Chest.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 03:16 AM
Scottkmlps

What a pug hog

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 04:23 AM
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!

He really hasn't been playing for the Kings for very long has he? I keep thinking he's been around forever.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 04:37 AM
dabeechman

That choppy video was pretty tough to handle. Would be great if anybody knew how to clean it up.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 05:44 AM
SMoneyMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Took Kopitar a few less years to do the same thing Brown did aswell. At this pace I think hes destine to be a 500 goal scorer and hopefully every last one of them is with a crown on his Chest.
What if we changes logos!! Then what? Theeeeen whaaaaat?

Sorry, sleep deprived

I actually rather enjoyed the video, wasn't that bad. Watched it from start to finish

SMoneyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 07:33 AM
kynen

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Did anyone notice that Kopitar is a Stars and Sharks killer? Like seriously lol.
I noticed that too. I also noticed that a lot of the goals were at the tail end of games... Gotta love that!

kynen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 09:26 AM
FrozenKing18
Goongala.

Nice!

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 10:16 AM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleventy View Post
I noticed that the majority of his goals this year are of the power forward variety. A lot of the ones before this season were of the sniper variety.
yea so did i. I was saying to myself how much sicker his first 25 goals or so were. This video, while choppy, makes me realize how bad ass he is!!!

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 10:23 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMoneyMonkey View Post
What if we changes logos!! Then what? Theeeeen whaaaaat?

Sorry, sleep deprived

I actually rather enjoyed the video, wasn't that bad. Watched it from start to finish
Lol ! I quite enjoyed this post.

+1 for you my Canadian friend.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 11:04 AM
JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
That choppy video was pretty tough to handle. Would be great if anybody knew how to clean it up.
Don't think there is much that can be done about that video. I could try a thing or two on it, but I doubt it would work. EIther that guy has to clean it up and re-export and upload it properly or someone has to start a new one.

Depends on what the problem is... bad source footage, bad outputs, bad frame rates, bad codec, etc.

My guess is he pulled the goals off youtube to work with (instead of recording the footage on his own off his DVR like kingsfan28 and I do), and depending on how you pull footage from youtube, it can end up looking really crappy like that. Before I started my archive I was going to do a Simmonds highlight vid off youtube pulls, but they were too choppy and awful for me to carry through with it. Aint' nothin' none of us can do about that.

Old
01-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Jwm1986

good video....i like watching videos like this

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 05:20 PM
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Don't think there is much that can be done about that video. I could try a thing or two on it, but I doubt it would work. EIther that guy has to clean it up and re-export and upload it properly or someone has to start a new one.

Depends on what the problem is... bad source footage, bad outputs, bad frame rates, bad codec, etc.

My guess is he pulled the goals off youtube to work with (instead of recording the footage on his own off his DVR like kingsfan28 and I do), and depending on how you pull footage from youtube, it can end up looking really crappy like that. Before I started my archive I was going to do a Simmonds highlight vid off youtube pulls, but they were too choppy and awful for me to carry through with it. Aint' nothin' none of us can do about that.
You pretty much nailed it. If you import a video that's 24fps into a your computer, then export it to 29fps, you'll get choppy video and dropped frames (which looks like what was done).

"A" for effort for putting it together. I thought about doing the same thing, but I only have about 80 of his goals in my video database.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
You pretty much nailed it. If you import a video that's 24fps into a your computer, then export it to 29fps, you'll get choppy video and dropped frames (which looks like what was done).

"A" for effort for putting it together. I thought about doing the same thing, but I only have about 80 of his goals in my video database.
Yeah. 24 fp..s...and 29. Something...9er. That's right.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 08:39 PM
KingyMcKingster

Quote:
That must have been put together a while ago and the guy was waiting to add the 100th.

Still... awesome. Would be more awesome if the video wasn't so choppy I couldn't bear to watch more than the first 20 of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
Quote:

Quote:

Hey guys I'm the guy who put it all together.. Sorry about the quality being so choppy it was due to mostly the video capture and rendering.. I didn't have much to work with but I tried with what I had available to me. Any future videos I'll try to do in much better quality.. Thank You to all those who enjoyed it also!

KingyMcKingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 09:21 PM
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingyMcKingster View Post
Hey guys I'm the guy who put it all together.. Sorry about the quality being so choppy it was due to mostly the video capture and rendering.. I didn't have much to work with but I tried with what I had available to me. Any future videos I'll try to do in much better quality.. Thank You to all those who enjoyed it also!
You did an awesome job just compiling all the clips! I know first hand the amount of time it takes. Keep making video, we all enjoy them and look forward to the next one.

Old
01-29-2010, 09:25 PM
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Yeah. 24 fp..s...and 29. Something...9er. That's right.
Did I lose you in my post?

Old
01-30-2010, 12:17 AM
JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingyMcKingster View Post
+1 to what kingsfan28 said, congrats on just putting it all together and pumping it out so fast!

If you have any questions about anything, how to fix it or make sure it doesn't happen on your next video, feel free to PM me. I'm happy to help you troubleshoot if its a nagging problem.

Quote:
Did I lose you in my post?
Our kind speak jibberish.

I should throw some pal 25 to 23.98 and 24 to 29.97ndf abccd frame conversions at him. That'll really make his head spin

Old
01-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:

Our kind speak jibberish.

I should throw some pal 25 to 23.98 and 24 to 29.97ndf abccd frame conversions at him. That'll really make his head spin
Kingsfan28 is Jewish?

I got a 25 for you pal...I have no idea what that means.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 04:37 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

He was such a flashier player under Crawford and scored a lot of pretty goals.

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 04:48 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
He was such a flashier player under Crawford and scored a lot of pretty goals.

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
Most of those were during his rookie season. Once you drop those pretty moves a few times, opposing teams key in on you and won't be taken by surprise again.

That being said, he pulled a classic rookie year move at home against Dallas this season and his opening goal against the Pens was pretty nice as well.

I'd say it's a good thing that he has more goals currently than he did during the entire flashy rookie year.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 10:37 PM
JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Kingsfan28 is Jewish?
He must be.

All artistically talented people are...

Whats that word?

Oh yeah.