HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl-chi

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2010, 07:45 PM
  #1
bigdrew99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 108
vCash: 500
Mtl-chi

Many people have high hopes for Price and the oppertunity to land him could be now. I think Chicago would listen if MTL throws in a trade with Price.

TO MTL: Sharp (3.9mil) Barker (3mill) 3rd RP
TO CHI: Price (1mill) Hammer (5.5mill) D'agostini (O.5mill)

The Cap hit is the same. MTL gets that big Forward plus a solid d to play along with either markov or spacek depending on Subbans development.
Chicago gets a solid D in Hammer to play alongside Campbell. There top 4 D is much better plus Hammer will be gone after next season so they will free up cap space sooner than before. D'agostini needs a new scenery and with the talent that Chicago has i see a Michael Ryder scenario to emerge. Plus Chicago gets the Franchise goalie they need instead of Huet and I think Price needs a new start.

bigdrew99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 07:50 PM
  #2
tizzel
 
tizzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 377
vCash: 500
The Value is there , i like this one .

Both side get what they need .

tizzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 07:52 PM
  #3
TheBrokenRib
Registered User
 
TheBrokenRib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,875
vCash: 500
So would Price play behind Niemi or the other way around?

TheBrokenRib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 07:52 PM
  #4
Habsfanatical
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 787
vCash: 500
Looks good, but CHI needs to dump salary for the off season not make equal value trades.

Habsfanatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 07:52 PM
  #5
surferdude99*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Ih my. Just terrible from Montreal

surferdude99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 08:39 PM
  #6
scottyG
Registered User
 
scottyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 4,970
vCash: 500
No from Montreal
No from Chicago

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 08:53 PM
  #7
schumway2
Registered User
 
schumway2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
No from Montreal
No from Chicago
Chicago would take that deal in a second.

schumway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 08:54 PM
  #8
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 29,092
vCash: 500
This would be an off-season move, because the 'Hawks need Sharp more than they need Price down the stretch.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 09:03 PM
  #9
beowulf
Not a nice guy.
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,765
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I don't get these types of trades...why does Chicago even need Price?

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 09:05 PM
  #10
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 111,231
vCash: 50
3 problems with this deal

1- It doesn't help our CAP problems (Hamrlik's contract is unmovable)
2- Huet's contract says hello
3- Price will get a contract with a cap hit higher then 1 mil this offseason as RFA

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 09:07 PM
  #11
MrSerious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
3 problems with this deal

1- It doesn't help our CAP problems (Hamrlik's contract is unmovable)
2- Huet's contract says hello
3- Price will get a contract with a cap hit higher then 1 mil this offseason as RFA
4- Chicago already has a solid D-man named Hammer to play with Campbell.

MrSerious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 09:08 PM
  #12
bleuetbio
Registered User
 
bleuetbio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
Barker sucks!!! I dont why habs fan are hot on him.

bleuetbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 09:23 PM
  #13
ginovegas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Throw Byfu and we'll throw in Mara and Metro that come off the cap at season end and we can start talkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdrew99 View Post
Many people have high hopes for Price and the oppertunity to land him could be now. I think Chicago would listen if MTL throws in a trade with Price.

TO MTL: Sharp (3.9mil) Barker (3mill) 3rd RP
TO CHI: Price (1mill) Hammer (5.5mill) D'agostini (O.5mill)

The Cap hit is the same. MTL gets that big Forward plus a solid d to play along with either markov or spacek depending on Subbans development.
Chicago gets a solid D in Hammer to play alongside Campbell. There top 4 D is much better plus Hammer will be gone after next season so they will free up cap space sooner than before. D'agostini needs a new scenery and with the talent that Chicago has i see a Michael Ryder scenario to emerge. Plus Chicago gets the Franchise goalie they need instead of Huet and I think Price needs a new start.


Last edited by ginovegas: 01-28-2010 at 10:02 PM.
ginovegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 09:50 PM
  #14
bigdrew99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
This would be an off-season move, because the 'Hawks need Sharp more than they need Price down the stretch.
CHI is gonna try and move huet. there will be someone to pick him up. he wont be worth much because of the cap hit. In the west Detroit might be looking for a goalie and with the defensive/offensive system that they have and how they move like a unit, Huet could be successful in a White and Red jersey. Osgood revamped his career why cannot Huet. With Price in a new town and a fresh start perhaps Price will shine, though i do agree with you comment that this could be an off season deal however scoring is not Chicago's problem its in Nets.

bigdrew99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 10:08 PM
  #15
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 29,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdrew99 View Post
CHI is gonna try and move huet. there will be someone to pick him up. he wont be worth much because of the cap hit. In the west Detroit might be looking for a goalie and with the defensive/offensive system that they have and how they move like a unit, Huet could be successful in a White and Red jersey. Osgood revamped his career why cannot Huet. With Price in a new town and a fresh start perhaps Price will shine, though i do agree with you comment that this could be an off season deal however scoring is not Chicago's problem its in Nets.
RIGHT NOW, Huet > Price. And that's all Chicago cares about, it's right now.

No GM in their right mind is going to move important pieces to acquire a young, immature goalie and ask him to lead them to a Stanley Cup. It just doesn't work that way.

If we're being honest, Chicago may want Halak right now...not Price.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 12:58 AM
  #16
Magic33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,563
vCash: 500
I like this deal for both sides. Hammer will definitely add some defensive stability to chicago's back end, while montreal gets a dman capable of making a first pass out of the zone, along with a quality winger. Dags and the 3rd rp are a wash. I really like this deal and I think it benefits both sides. Good proposal BIGD

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 08:49 AM
  #17
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,841
vCash: 500
I'll presume off the top that the OP meant this as an off-season move, with Price replacing Huet, and who knows what happening to Huet. As one avenue for the Hawks to save money. Because clearly it's not a move for the Hawks to consider in the midst of this season.

But I still don't see the Hawks wanting to take on Hamrlik's salary. I mean, Hamrlik is good, better than most people probably credit him for. But the Hawks aren't short on top-4 defenseman, and don't need a premium-priced one. It's just a dysfunctional addition to their salary structure, and not an element that would be part of any trades they looked at.

And from the Habs POV, I wouldn't trade Price for Sharp and Barker. This is in large part because I think Barker sucks. I'm sorry, I just do, and I admit to a bias there, possibly an irrational one, but nevertheless one that I never seem to shake anytime I watch him. I know it stems from junior days, but it hasn't gone away. I don't think he would help the Habs at all, not more than us just promoting Weber or Subban from the minors would. Except he costs more and has less upside (again per my admitted bias... not in favour of Weber or Subban, but against Barker). Sooo.... Sharp is a nice top-6 forward, but I wouldn't trade Price for him.

I think the Habs and Hawks are poor trading partners. Because fundamentally the Hawks will have to shed some salary in the summer. And the Habs are already capped out for next season and can't take any on. Habs can't afford to part with any cheap young assets. Habs are even too weak to be able to afford to part with some expensive-but-solid players like Hamrlik. Habs probably aren't a very good candidate team to be making trades with anybody this summer.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 09:51 AM
  #18
GaryU
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Schaumburg,Il
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
Ya know, I'm not sure why the Hawks would want Price...Sure he's talented, but extremely immature, so much drama in your locker room...Hamrlik? maybe 5 yrs ago & a couple $Mil a yr less...
Really, I'm not sure about making a big move...Perhaps just a #5-6 physical D guy for Barker...maybe not even that, Barker's been banged up all season & has looked like he's slipping...perhaps he'll get healthy on 10-12 min a nite...

GaryU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 09:55 AM
  #19
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,502
vCash: 500
Big NO from Chicago.

Why add Hamrlik? 5.5 Mio plus the Price extension? BAD Idea. And Sharp? not now.
Chicago wants the Cup, not more CapTroubles

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 09:57 AM
  #20
GaryU
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Schaumburg,Il
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
Amen, Bubba.

GaryU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 05:37 PM
  #21
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,425
vCash: 500
Not a chance, Sharp would fetch a lot more back than that. I'm not sold on Price and I really doubt his potential. I would trade Barker and a 2nd for him, but no way in hell Sharpie.

I haven't even talked about Hammer being in there, geez. You would have to give us more than Dag back, maybe even Subban.
How about this?


Brian Campbell 7.1M
Patrick Sharp 3.9M
=11M
for
Carey Price 850K (RFA),
Andrei Markov 5.75M (UFA),
Andrei Kostitsyn 3.25M
=9.85M

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 05:58 PM
  #22
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Not a chance, Sharp would fetch a lot more back than that. I'm not sold on Price and I really doubt his potential. I would trade Barker and a 2nd for him, but no way in hell Sharpie.

I haven't even talked about Hammer being in there, geez. You would have to give us more than Dag back, maybe even Subban.
How about this?


Brian Campbell 7.1M
Patrick Sharp 3.9M
=11M
for
Carey Price 850K (RFA),
Andrei Markov 5.75M (UFA),
Andrei Kostitsyn 3.25M
=9.85M
Is this to counter how stupid the first purposal was ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 06:34 PM
  #23
scottyG
Registered User
 
scottyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 4,970
vCash: 500
Price isn't getting traded for anything but an overpayment. So people STOP posting Price proposal's if Montreal isn't getting a franchise player back.

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 06:40 PM
  #24
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus
 
Zubrus Coffee Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cobourg, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
Chicago would take that deal in a second.

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 06:43 PM
  #25
Pliff
Registered User
 
Pliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Not a chance, Sharp would fetch a lot more back than that. I'm not sold on Price and I really doubt his potential. I would trade Barker and a 2nd for him, but no way in hell Sharpie.

I haven't even talked about Hammer being in there, geez. You would have to give us more than Dag back, maybe even Subban.
How about this?


Brian Campbell 7.1M
Patrick Sharp 3.9M
=11M
for
Carey Price 850K (RFA),
Andrei Markov 5.75M (UFA),
Andrei Kostitsyn 3.25M
=9.85M

Wow really? This is even worse than the first one.

And to the OP: Isnt Prices Cap hit 2.2?

Pliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.