HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Erik Johnson to Boston

Old
01-30-2010, 07:13 PM
Seguins Dragon*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
No Blues fan would.
If you HONESTLY wanted EJ, you'd have to give pretty much everything. Lucic, Rask, 1st, etc.
Franchise Dman are VERY hard to come by.
Johnson is going to be this franchise for a long time.

You can call us homers, but you only get a franchise for a franchise. Period.
Not in a million years...

Rask has potential to be a franchise goalie... Lucic IS the face of the franchise in boston... not saying he is a franchise player, but he does a lot for the franchise in regards to marketing and what not, as well as he is a fan favorite

Its obvious there is no deal here, Boston would never give up that to get EJ, and as i said before, its wingers they need, not defense

There is no possible deal for these teams in regards to EJ

Boston wouldn't strip themselves bare to get him, because they have more glaring needs before aquiring a player like EJ... besides they already have Chara

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Overkamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by song4thedeaf View Post
Not in a million years...

Rask has potential to be a franchise goalie... Lucic IS the face of the franchise in boston... not saying he is a franchise player, but he does a lot for the franchise in regards to marketing and what not, as well as he is a fan favorite

Its obvious there is no deal here, Boston would never give up that to get EJ, and as i said before, its wingers they need, not defense

There is no possible deal for these teams in regards to EJ

Boston wouldn't strip themselves bare to get him, because they have more glaring needs before aquiring a player like EJ... besides they already have Chara
Which is why this deal would never happen. The Blues aren't going to give up Johnson unless it's the farm and then some, and the Bruins won't do that. So, let's move onto another thread.

Overkamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 07:56 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
No Blues fan would.
If you HONESTLY wanted EJ, you'd have to give pretty much everything. Lucic, Rask, 1st, etc.

Franchise Dman are VERY hard to come by.
Johnson is going to be this franchise for a long time.

You can call us homers, but you only get a franchise for a franchise. Period.
Dude, I'm a Sens fan. I have no dog in this fight and I'm calling them like I see them. Erik Johnson is not, and I repeat NOT a franchise dman. He *may* be one day but he isn't one today. He won't be in the running for any trophies this year, he won't be the integral part to St. Louis' Stanley Cup run, all things that make a franchise player a franchise player. Just because he's your team's best player doesn't make him a franchise guy.

Anyways, give me the ppg centreman (with concussions problems) and a great potential talent for a dman with a bum knee with great potential.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 08:01 PM
voxel

EJ is underrated on these boards. I've been impressed by him since his first NHL game and think he's better than Doughty(because of size), Bogosian (although this kid could be just as good), Hedman (still a little raw). He can skate. He can shoot. He's got size. He's got great hockey sense. I think he's a smarter Hedman.

I believe he was leading the Blues in points for a week or so around the 20-game mark. If I were the Blues, I wouldn't accept anything less than 2010 1st overall + great prospect(or another high pick).

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
Dude, I'm a Sens fan. I have no dog in this fight and I'm calling them like I see them. Erik Johnson is not, and I repeat NOT a franchise dman. He *may* be one day but he isn't one today. He won't be in the running for any trophies this year, he won't be the integral part to St. Louis' Stanley Cup run, all things that make a franchise player a franchise player. Just because he's your team's best player doesn't make him a franchise guy.

Anyways, give me the ppg centreman (with concussions problems) and a great potential talent for a dman with a bum knee with great potential.
First off, the guy torn his ACL AND his MCL last year. Rehabbed last year and is finally coming out of his slump.

He wont be the integral part to the St. Louis' Stanley Cup run? What the hell are you talking about? The Blues wont be taking a run for the cup for a few years and he will likely be THE key piece to a cup run.

We've had no problems with his knee this year at all. That is behind him so that is irrelevant.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
Erik Johnson is not, and I repeat NOT a franchise dman. He *may* be one day but he isn't one today. He won't be in the running for any trophies this year, he won't be the integral part to St. Louis' Stanley Cup run, all things that make a franchise player a franchise player.
Got it.

I guess John Tavares isn't a franchise player then either, huh? Nor will Taylor Hall be?

Like it or not, Erik Johnson most certainly is the Blues franchise player. He's the key player that the team will build around, and will be a St. Louis Blue for a long, long time. Nobody is saying he's a generational player, Norris candidate, or super-star NOW. But the kid has everything you'd want from a defenseman and the talent to become all 3 of those things. Disagree all you want, but if you ask the front office of the St. Louis Blues (Davidson, Pleau, Armstrong, MacInnis, Kekalainen, etc.) who their franchise player is, without question every single guys would say Erik Johnson.

That's not an opinion. That's a fact.

Stealth JD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 08:40 PM
BlueBeard

It's a shame about that Bum knee huh? He puts another 25lbs on and still just as fast as Kariya and McDonald. The bum knee argument is only used by people who haven't watched him skate.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 08:49 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

I'm not even a St. Louis fan but for Torontos first and Patrice Bergeron I still wouldn't do it.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 08:50 PM
chizzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by C For Choke View Post
Seeing as Boston hasn't had one since Bourque it might be hard for you to notice talent on the blue line when you see it.

Boston has nothing they're willing to give up for EJ. Start with Toronto's 1st, and Lucic and add from there.
I think Boston knows a good defenceman when they see one. Plenty of history there. How would people in St. Louis know one.

chizzler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 08:52 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzler View Post
I think Boston knows a good defenceman when they see one. Plenty of history there. How would people in St. Louis know one.
Exactly. MacInnis and Pronger are nobodies.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 08:53 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
not happening not even trading announcers and having Darren Pang become the Bruins TV analyst instead of Brickley is an overpayment, Jack Edwards

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 08:55 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
I agree that Johnson is in no way a franchise player right now. How could he be? But he will he one day and that's why none of these deals make the least bit of sense for STL.
Posted via Mobile Device

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 08:59 PM
NinthSpoke06

Quote:
First off, the guy torn his ACL AND his MCL last year. Rehabbed last year and is finally coming out of his slump.

He wont be the integral part to the St. Louis' Stanley Cup run? What the hell are you talking about? The Blues wont be taking a run for the cup for a few years and he will likely be THE key piece to a cup run.

We've had no problems with his knee this year at all. That is behind him so that is irrelevant.
Wait, we haven't had problem's with Bergeron's concussions all year, but people still bring that up.

Johnson's knee is fair game...even though I agree that you won't and SHOULDN'T trade him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
Exactly. MacInnis and Pronger are nobodies.
Wait so we can name a long history of great Boston Bruins defensemen and we wouldn't know anything about great d-men. But the Blues can name 2 and they do?

NinthSpoke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARAnator View Post
Wait so we can name a long history of great Boston Bruins defensemen and we wouldn't know anything about great d-men. But the Blues can name 2 and they do?
Was I the one that said Bruins fans wouldn't know a great Dman if they saw one?

I think both statements are ridiculous.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 09:03 PM
NinthSpoke06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
Was I the one that said Bruins fans wouldn't know a great Dman if they saw one?

I think both statements are ridiculous.
Just making sure.

NinthSpoke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARAnator View Post
Wait, we haven't had problem's with Bergeron's concussions all year, but people still bring that up.

Johnson's knee is fair game...even though I agree that you won't and SHOULDN'T trade him.
Never said anything about Bergeron's concussions.
Its past and right now it has NOTHING to do with anything. If his concussions start again or the knee starts bothering Johnson, then it becomes relevant.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 09:21 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

The bruins have to rebuild their defense. They have mediocre players surrounding chara but they aren't going to be prying franchise type players away from other teams. Especially a player like Erik Johnson who has the potential to be probably the best defenseman in the world.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 09:28 PM
Mark Stuart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaBargnani View Post
The bruins have to rebuild their defense. They have mediocre players surrounding chara but they aren't going to be prying franchise type players away from other teams. Especially a player like Erik Johnson who has the potential to be probably the best defenseman in the world.
Considering they've been one of the best defensive teams the past 2 years.... No.

Mark Stuart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 09:40 PM
BackesInBlue

EJ is going nowhere.

Silly wabbits.

BackesInBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 10:40 PM
chizzler

Best defenceman in the world. Good one.

chizzler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 10:53 PM
BackesInBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzler View Post
Best defenceman in the world. Good one.
Well, he has the POTENTIAL.
POTENTIAL.
One more time for you: POTENTIAL

for that.

Not saying he is anywhere near that at this time.

Fact of the matter is, EJ isn't going anywhere as he is THE cornerstone that the Blues rebuild is based on.

Think Bruins mind if we swap Brewer into that deal instead?

BackesInBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 10:53 PM
DJENTLEMAN
INTJ

How did I know exactly what was going to be said in this thread before I even clicked on it? Seriously, what did you expect when you made this thread? Johnson isn't going anywhere.

DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Both Brewer and Jackman average more ice time on a so called rebuilding team. Bergeron or Krejci along with Stuart Wideman or Hunwick along with Torontos' 2nd round pick probably 32nd overall.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 11:29 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesFan45 View Post
Even if that was Toronto's 1st I would say no. Just no...god no.

Johnson will get done. The Blues have every intention to signing both Johnson and Perron to a multi-year deals this summer.
Pretty sure you'd say yes.. Cam Fowler + Patrice Bergeron + Matt Hunwick + 2nd for EJ is a steal trade for St.Louis no matter what.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 11:34 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Wow... I didnt know so many people on hf underrated Johnson. I would love him on my team anyday of the week.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote