HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ruutu available?

Old
01-30-2010, 11:06 PM
kahlon66

vCash: 500
Ruutu available?

Pens fan here, just wondering is Ruutu available or will he be part of the core for next year and if he is what is the asking price, thanks in advance everyone

kahlon66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 11:09 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

No. He's a part of the core and will not be available unless you really overpay. Send us Crosby or Malkin, he's yours. But short of a huge overpayment, he's staying here.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 11:12 PM
WhiteTrashAmerican
WHY DID IT END

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
No. He's a part of the core and will not be available unless you really overpay. Send us Crosby or Malkin, he's yours. But short of a huge overpayment, he's staying here.
I can think of a few other things that would get Ruu moved to the Canes, but none they would want to pay.

WhiteTrashAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 11:18 PM
kahlon66

thank you Canes fans,

kahlon66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 11:53 PM
bleedgreen

i dont agree with these guys. i think he is available for a standard price of whatever a guy like ruutu at his age would bring. i think if we could package him with something else to get a core player of higher status we would in a heartbeat. there was an "untouchable" list floated around here recently, but that wasnt from management as much as a media guess list. ward/staal/sutter are the only true untouchables. the interview i heard from jr said as much, and he himself mentioned gretzky getting traded - but i think the afore mentioned three are safe.

you would never create a package to offer us that would get him back your way. not this year. we tend to overate the players we have who play to or above expectation. if the canes could package him for marc or jordan staal - theyd do it tomorrow.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 03:07 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
i dont agree with these guys. i think he is available for a standard price of whatever a guy like ruutu at his age would bring. i think if we could package him with something else to get a core player of higher status we would in a heartbeat. there was an "untouchable" list floated around here recently, but that wasnt from management as much as a media guess list. ward/staal/sutter are the only true untouchables. the interview i heard from jr said as much, and he himself mentioned gretzky getting traded - but i think the afore mentioned three are safe.

you would never create a package to offer us that would get him back your way. not this year. we tend to overate the players we have who play to or above expectation. if the canes could package him for marc or jordan staal - theyd do it tomorrow.
You're contradicting yourself. The "bleedgreen available list" and the actual "Canes available list" might differ here.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 03:14 AM
bleedgreen

what i was saying is, no team could put a package of crap to equal ruutu and land him. he would, imo, be available if he was packaged for an upgrade player. as in ruutu plus whatever it took for j staal. that could happen from our end. expendable player plus 3rd round pick in 2012 plus soon to be ufa isnt gonna do it. to me the standard price of a 26 year old as good as ruutu is a steep price.

rutherford was asked straight up in an interview about "untouchables", and the only names he said were staal and ward, and he said those begrudgingly. he would trade ruutu in a heartbeat for certain guys. i dont buy any of those lists the media put out. just guesses. gleason would go too under the same circumstances.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 03:58 AM
AcidQueen
Joe, Lord of Evil

Send a message via AIM to AcidQueen Send a message via MSN to AcidQueen Send a message via Yahoo to AcidQueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahlon66 View Post
Pens fan here, just wondering is Ruutu available

I believe the word we're looking for here is:

NO.

AcidQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 08:19 AM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
what i was saying is, no team could put a package of crap to equal ruutu and land him. he would, imo, be available if he was packaged for an upgrade player. as in ruutu plus whatever it took for j staal. that could happen from our end. expendable player plus 3rd round pick in 2012 plus soon to be ufa isnt gonna do it. to me the standard price of a 26 year old as good as ruutu is a steep price.
I agree with what you are saying. JR isn't looking to trade Ruutu so any deal would have to be an overpayment..or depending on the player coming back, at least slanted in favor of the Canes...but he isn't "untouchable" IMO.

Your Jordan Staal example is a good one.

I just don't see him being moved anytime soon though because other teams wouldn't be willing to give up what it would takes.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 02:24 PM
puckster

I believe Ruutu is one of the core players ie:

Ward, Staal, Sutter,Gleason, & Ruutu, that is on a short list of untouchables. And like someone said, if you overpay, then anything is possible.

puckster is offline   Reply With Quote