HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Blues and Flames

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2010, 12:11 AM
  #1
BluesFan45
HFB Partner
 
BluesFan45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fariview Heights, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 291
vCash: 500
Blues and Flames

I know there are so many rumors with the Flames due to their not so hot play...so maybe there is nothing to the Phaneuf rumors...but what about?

Phaneuf + Conroy

for

Boyes + Brewer

Blues get an upgrade on the power play and blueline. The Flames get a scorer who could just need a change of scenery and a top 4 replacement on the blueline. Maybe Boyd or Nystrom instead of Conroy? Not sure how Calgary fans value those two. Maybe Jackman instead of Brewer?

Maybe it needs some secondary pieces added to it?

BluesFan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 12:25 AM
  #2
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan
 
Flames Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,025
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesFan45 View Post
I know there are so many rumors with the Flames due to their not so hot play...so maybe there is nothing to the Phaneuf rumors...but what about?

Phaneuf + Conroy

for

Boyes + Brewer

Blues get an upgrade on the power play and blueline. The Flames get a scorer who could just need a change of scenery and a top 4 replacement on the blueline. Maybe Boyd or Nystrom instead of Conroy? Not sure how Calgary fans value those two. Maybe Jackman instead of Brewer?

Maybe it needs some secondary pieces added to it?
The Flames need a playmaker more than they need a sniper. Pass.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 12:26 AM
  #3
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club
 
I Hate Chris Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,216
vCash: 50
Berglund would look nice in the Flaming C.

He's one of the only two Blues I'd consider trading Phaneuf for.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 12:27 AM
  #4
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues
 
Randall Ritchey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,707
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
The Flames need a playmaker more than they need a sniper. Pass.
Boyes has been the playmaker this year, other than the last two years, he's been primarily a playmaker through his career.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 12:30 AM
  #5
PZA
#1 P4P Champ.
 
PZA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,286
vCash: 500
I want Oshie.

PZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 12:39 AM
  #6
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.
 
Epictetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,510
vCash: 4200
Quote:
Originally Posted by C For Choke View Post
Berglund would look nice in the Flaming C.

He's one of the only two Blues I'd consider trading Phaneuf for.
Who's the other?

Epictetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 12:58 AM
  #7
EOM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,338
vCash: 500
Coming from a Blues fan, I'd say this trade favors the Flames at the moment. Boyes' value is likely down because he's not having a great year. Brewer is recently back from a very serious back injury and I don't think he has much value until he shows that he can rebound from it and remain healthy.

EOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 01:17 AM
  #8
BackesInBlue
Registered User
 
BackesInBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 332
vCash: 500
I'd take it since as of right now it looks like that would be a better deal for the Blues.

Then again, freaking Boyes is so streaky he could go on a 12 goal scoring spree in the next week..or he could just keep being invisible.

BackesInBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 01:22 AM
  #9
andora
Registered User
 
andora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Illuminating Prince
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,025
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to andora
not even close to what sutter would look for in my opinion..

andora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 02:08 AM
  #10
BlueBeard
Registered User
 
BlueBeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,769
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
The Flames need a playmaker more than they need a sniper. Pass.
What if Andy Mac was offered?


Part of me wouldn't mind adding some more offense on the back end but the other part just wants to be patient and let EJ and Pietrangelo progress. Phaneuf could play the point opposite of EJ on the PP and be paired with someone like Polak at ES. It looks like a good fit on the surface. We could probably trade Pietrangelo before he gets to the point where we couldn't afford him and fill whatever need we have at that time as well.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 02:27 AM
  #11
Sniper
It's learning...
 
Sniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly View Post
I want Oshie.
That's nice.

Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 02:30 AM
  #12
Dogkota
Registered User
 
Dogkota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
What if Andy Mac was offered?


Part of me wouldn't mind adding some more offense on the back end but the other part just wants to be patient and let EJ and Pietrangelo progress. Phaneuf could play the point opposite of EJ on the PP and be paired with someone like Polak at ES. It looks like a good fit on the surface. We could probably trade Pietrangelo before he gets to the point where we couldn't afford him and fill whatever need we have at that time as well.
If I'm the Calgary Flames and I'm offered Andy MacDonald and Eric Brewer for Conroy and Phaneuf, I'm packing the bags for Craig and Dion and driving them to the airport.

Dogkota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 02:36 AM
  #13
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters
 
Ice Cream Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogkota View Post
If I'm the Calgary Flames and I'm offered Andy MacDonald and Eric Brewer for Conroy and Phaneuf, I'm packing the bags for Craig and Dion and driving them to the airport.
No, we need some serious young talent coming back the other way.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 03:19 AM
  #14
andora
Registered User
 
andora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Illuminating Prince
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,025
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogkota View Post
If I'm the Calgary Flames and I'm offered Andy MacDonald and Eric Brewer for Conroy and Phaneuf, I'm packing the bags for Craig and Dion and driving them to the airport.
really?

i mean it's a nice little two player package from st.louis, but don't you think there would be something better?

if i was a die hard flamer, i'd be a little choked if i saw this go down. i wouldn't be mad, but i'd forever be wondering

andora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 03:19 AM
  #15
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club
 
I Hate Chris Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,216
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
Who's the other?
Oshie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogkota View Post
If I'm the Calgary Flames and I'm offered Andy MacDonald and Eric Brewer for Conroy and Phaneuf, I'm packing the bags for Craig and Dion and driving them to the airport.
If you're a Flames fan and you support that trade I slap you across the face for taking the most half baked, hare brained trade ever. But you're not, so I just laugh it off.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 03:46 AM
  #16
mikey_the_redneck
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogkota View Post
If I'm the Calgary Flames and I'm offered Andy MacDonald and Eric Brewer for Conroy and Phaneuf, I'm packing the bags for Craig and Dion and driving them to the airport.
This must be a joke.

You know, Dion has a bad rap on these boards but some of these trade proposals for him are utterly ridiculous. No G.M. would ever trade Dion for Brewer and Andy frickin McDonald.......

Try watching a Flames game........Dion has improved greatly this season and has an important presence on the Flames back end.

mikey_the_redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 05:53 AM
  #17
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesFan45 View Post
I know there are so many rumors with the Flames due to their not so hot play...so maybe there is nothing to the Phaneuf rumors...but what about?

Phaneuf + Conroy

for

Boyes + Brewer

Blues get an upgrade on the power play and blueline. The Flames get a scorer who could just need a change of scenery and a top 4 replacement on the blueline. Maybe Boyd or Nystrom instead of Conroy? Not sure how Calgary fans value those two. Maybe Jackman instead of Brewer?

Maybe it needs some secondary pieces added to it?
there needs to be a primary piece added form the Blues... unless the Blues start with Oshie or Backes I doub there will be more than zero interest...

but how about something more realistic... what would it take to land Paul Kariya?... with him missing almost all of last year, being on a 35-40 point pace this season and a 6 million cap hit I can't see the asking price being all that high

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 05:57 AM
  #18
RStar*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Red Deer
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by C For Choke View Post
Oshie.



If you're a Flames fan and you support that trade I slap you across the face for taking the most half baked, hare brained trade ever. But you're not, so I just laugh it off.
You wouldn't trade Phaneuf for EJ? Please tell me you're joking.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 06:20 AM
  #19
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RStar View Post
You wouldn't trade Phaneuf for EJ? Please tell me you're joking.
i think its pretty much a given that the Flames would be looking for young forward with star potential

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 06:25 AM
  #20
RStar*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Red Deer
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
i think its pretty much a given that the Flames would be looking for young forward with star potential
Or a defenseman who is younger and already better than Dion Phaneuf.

I understand that the goal would be a young forward to bring to the team, but if that didn't come up, you can't turn down a Phaneuf for EJ trade.


The Blues would never do that though of course.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 06:38 AM
  #21
Steven
Registered User
 
Steven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RStar View Post
Or a defenseman who is younger and already better than Dion Phaneuf.

I understand that the goal would be a young forward to bring to the team, but if that didn't come up, you can't turn down a Phaneuf for EJ trade.


The Blues would never do that though of course.
Yeah, we get it, EJ > Dion, Johnson is untouchable, Phaneuf is a bumbling oaf in his own end etc etc

If we're going to be reality here, Kariya is the most logical target for the Flames at this point.

Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 06:39 AM
  #22
RStar*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Red Deer
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
Yeah, we get it, EJ > Dion, Johnson is untouchable, Phaneuf is a bumbling oaf in his own end etc etc

If we're going to be reality here, Kariya is the most logical target for the Flames at this point.
Just wanted to make sure we're on the same page.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 06:46 AM
  #23
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RStar View Post
Just wanted to make sure we're on the same page.
you make it pretty clear that in your mind anything is > the Flames, not hard to read that page

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 06:49 AM
  #24
RStar*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Red Deer
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
you make it pretty clear that in your mind anything is > the Flames, not hard to read that page
Because I don't value Phaneuf or Olii as high as you guys do? If there were an Iginla or Boumeester trade thread things would be different.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 07:13 AM
  #25
BlueBeard
Registered User
 
BlueBeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,769
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
i think its pretty much a given that the Flames would be looking for young forward with star potential
The problem with trading Oshie and Backes is they've become so entrenched in the hearts of the casual fan base that it would be outright Blasphemy to trade either. They sold something like 5k Oshie jerseys just this summer. Casual joe fan would be mega pissed if these guys get traded and I don't see the front office alienating the fans they've tried so hard to win back. Yes some fans are that petty here you should see the ire Brewer has drawn over the past few years...

If you can afford Kariya's cap hit a 2nd would be fine by me.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.