HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Blues and Flames

Old
01-31-2010, 07:39 AM
Lunatik*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
The problem with trading Oshie and Backes is they've become so entrenched in the hearts of the casual fan base that it would be outright Blasphemy to trade either. They sold something like 5k Oshie jerseys just this summer. Casual joe fan would be mega pissed if these guys get traded and I don't see the front office alienating the fans they've tried so hard to win back. Yes some fans are that petty here you should see the ire Brewer has drawn over the past few years...

If you can afford Kariya's cap hit a 2nd would be fine by me.
with the way Sutter has moved 2nd round picks it would be easier to squeeze blood from a diamond haha... while we could fit Kariya at the deadline without sending any salary I would still prefer to send some back because of the cap issues we had after the deadline last season... perhaps Moss and a mid round pick (or a mid level prospect) for Kariya?

and I do understand why the Blues would want to keep Backes & Oshie, but I am sure you also understand why they would have to be a starting point from the Flames perspective

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote