HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If we do rebuild

Old
01-31-2010, 08:44 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

vCash: 500
If we do rebuild

what direction would you like to see this team take? I personally would like to see us draft a bunch of big defenseman and working on using them around price to build a sick defense first and then work on adding size to the top 6 but with patches and pouliot we do have some more but we will definitely need more. Also I'd like to see an offensive coach put in place

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 08:47 AM
habcat

Scoring,scoring and more scoring. We need some fire wagon hockey back. The bigger the better,too. I friggin hate seeing my team get pushed around.

habcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 09:00 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
We need scoring, like Eklund needs Website hits.

I say draft 1-2 elite puck moving/scoring rookies of decent size and draft 1 elite power play quater back whom is amazing in his own zone, and then build from there.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 09:02 AM
habcat

Yeah the team is scoring so well this year. They haven't scored at even strength in 4 games.

habcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 09:03 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCIDENT View Post
what direction would you like to see this team take? I personally would like to see us draft a bunch of big defenseman and working on using them around price to build a sick defense first and then work on adding size to the top 6 but with patches and pouliot we do have some more but we will definitely need more. Also I'd like to see an offensive coach put in place
Step one in a rebuild is cleaning out the front office. Quickly.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 09:04 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Ain't going to happen in Montreal, next question ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 09:17 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Ain't going to happen in Montreal, next question ?
And going through seasons like this is better? knowing you aint going no where in the playoffs? Sure....

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 09:24 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
And going through seasons like this is better? knowing you aint going no where in the playoffs? Sure....
yep, better. next question ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 02:08 PM
fergiesbeak

Gainey out for starters.I loved him as a player and is i think a first class guy but that doesn't make him a great GM. Then whoever they hire to replace him should draft from the canadian junior ranks predominantly and not from high schools.Get bigger tougher and faster.Then when opposing teams play us they'll know they've been in a game instead of just a nice polite leisurely skate.

fergiesbeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 02:12 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

We can't rebuild with guys like Cammalleri, Markov and Gionta on the team. I think we are in a situation where we aren't that far from being a pretty good team. Not perfect...but good. If Pouliot is really set to become a NHL scorer, and Kostitsyn is really helping the team, then we have a good top 6 group of forwards.

In front of the net, I think we are alright...we just have to roll the hot goaltender...

We do need some help on defense though...

IMO, there's no need to rebuild at this point...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 02:18 PM
Marc-E-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
We can't rebuild with guys like Cammalleri, Markov and Gionta on the team. I think we are in a situation where we aren't that far from being a pretty good team. Not perfect...but good. If Pouliot is really set to become a NHL scorer, and Kostitsyn is really helping the team, then we have a good top 6 group of forwards.

In front of the net, I think we are alright...we just have to roll the hot goaltender...

For me, we should rebuilt our defense. The straight of our organization is our goaltender. So we should find solution at our back-end. I think guys like Subban and O'Byrne should have the opportunity to play big minutes. We're ok with Markov and Gorges. So we need 2 top four instead of Hamrlik and Spacek. And moving guys like Gill, Mara and Bergeron for draft picks at the deadline.

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
googlymoogly

I think having one or two big defensemen is good as long as they are mobile. O'Byrne is one now will Fischer be the other?

I would rather have four Markov's. We need mobile puck moving D. Our problem is the 3rd and 4th line. We need mobile players that can average 10-20 goals a season with the ability to put some hits and terror into other teams. Guys like Clarkson, Neil, Lucic, Boll, etc would be what were looking for. If they aren't good at scoring they at least need to be able to play a checking role.

I think Ryan White will play that role for us but not much after him. We definitely need more roughage than finesse on the last two lines.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
Quote:
That's what we've been doing for the past 10 yrs or so. Komisarek plays for the Leafs, Hainsey is in Atlanta (waived), Beauchemin is in Toronto (waived), McDonaugh's potential so we shipped him NYR for Gomez, Fisher is a bust, Subban is in Hamilton and should be recalled next yr, Carle should be ready soon enough.

Also, are u blaming Price's poor performances on our current defence? Because Halak seems to be doing quite well with the very same defencemen.

It's all nice and dandy to say "let's draft good big defencemen" but they develop more slowly and their talent is harder to gauge then forwards.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post

I'm pretty sure we'd have a deadly team if our top 6 didn't get injured all the time.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 02:20 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Direction= Washington capitals

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 02:22 PM
scottyG

1) New GM,Coach,etc
2)Clear dead weight
3)Add size

Gio-Gomez-Pouliot
A.Kost- X(if pleks dosen't resign)- Cammy
Moen- Lapierre-S.Kost
X - X - White

2nd line center, 4th line with size that will fight and hit

Markov-Gorges
O'byrne- Hamrlik
X - X

Big 5th and 6th D-men who can Hit and fight

Carey Price
X

Vetern goalie

Avalible
-Pleks
-Metro
-Dags
-Gill
-Mara
-Halak
-Bergeron
-Spacek

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 02:23 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
For me, we should rebuilt our defense. The straight of our organization is our goaltender. So we should find solution at our back-end. I think guys like Subban and O'Byrne should have the opportunity to play big minutes. We're ok with Markov and Gorges. So we need 2 top four instead of Hamrlik and Spacek. And moving guys like Gill, Mara and Bergeron for draft picks at the deadline.
We drafted Emelin, Korneev, Fisher, McDonagh, Weber, Valentenko, Carle, O'Byrne, Subban in the last few years, and apart from a few, we don't have much to show for it. Sucks, I know.

Old
Sandvich
VERY NICE

I say we simulate a whole season and get more Blackberry Phones for our GM rep to get up.

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
That's what we've been doing for the past 10 yrs or so. Komisarek plays for the Leafs, Hainsey is in Atlanta (waived), Beauchemin is in Toronto (waived), McDonaugh's potential so we shipped him NYR for Gomez, Fisher is a bust, Subban is in Hamilton and should be recalled next yr, Carle should be ready soon enough.

Also, are u blaming Price's poor performances on our current defence? Because Halak seems to be doing quite well with the very same defencemen.

It's all nice and dandy to say "let's draft good big defencemen" but they develop more slowly and their talent is harder to gauge then forwards.
2 straight loses says other wise

Old
01-31-2010, 02:26 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Direction= Washington capitals
I don't know how a team can keep: Fehr, Laich, Fleischmann, Semin, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Knuble, Morrison and Green. That is some sick drafting (apart Knuble and Morrison).

Old
01-31-2010, 02:26 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
Quote:
2 straight loses says other wise
It doesn't help that the team hasn't scored a 5-on-5 goal in over 215 minutes of play but whatever let's blame it on the D and the goalie.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 02:28 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvich View Post
I say we simulate a whole season and get more Blackberry Phones for our GM rep to get up.
I like this idea.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 02:29 PM
Ubercron9000

Quote:

Streit might not be big but he was an offesive juggernaut. The problem so far has been retaining our players. MOstly because bob freakin gainey rarely gives extentions and give concracts when they are RFA and UFA. SO that bites us in the ass. I wouldn't be surprised if Price would get an offersheet by some team Then gainey can't resign him and boom we lost a player.

Ubercron9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 02:29 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Too late for a rebuild.

We had lots of UFA's to trade last year and we didn't.

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 02:30 PM
scottyG

Quote:
It doesn't help that the team hasn't scored a 5-on-5 goal in over 230 minutes of play but whatever let's blame it on the D and the goalie.
I wasn't blaming Halak... I was just saying since you where blaming Price, that Halak isn't doing much better..