HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs vs. Rangers | 6 PM MTN | 01-31-10

Old
02-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by raistlin76 View Post
Gosh, I was wrong, when I thought we can stop Gaborik. Bad night for AVS, blueberry curse still lives. I hope they will break slump against Jackets.
say that again plz

jk , i had to tease you a little bit

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 11:01 AM
raistlin76

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
say that again plz

jk , i had to tease you a little bit
OK, I was wrong I met Gaborik during the summer, me and my friends run Polish site about NHL and we helped him and his parents to advertise his hockey school in Slovakia on our website. We made an interview with him http://www.nhl.com.pl/artykul_arch.php?aid=7275[if you scroll down you have got youtube video with that interview]. If I knew he scores three against us I would never help him

Last edited by raistlin76: 02-01-2010 at 11:12 AM.
raistlin76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 11:02 AM
chet1926

Well, after thinking about this game overnight so I could cool off a bit, I'm still very disappointed by it, and for that matter I'm very disappointed by the entire week.

Think about this week we played 3 teams way below us in the standings, all 3 of them played their back-up goaltender, 2 of the 3 games were at home, 2 of the 3 games were against teams that had played the night before, and we couldn't even manage 1 lousy point. Just an overall terrible week.

The thing that pisses me off in these boards is everyone jumps on you if you say they had a bad week. But guess what I don't give a ****. I'm going to say it loud and clear...THE AVS PLAYED LIKE A BUNCH OF PANSIES THIS WEEK.

Does this mean I think we need to trade everybody...NO, do we need to make a bunch of stupid crippling trades and go for the Cup this year....NO, do we need a little shake-up because things are bit stale right now...YES.

You know change the line combos, bench somebody, give Anderson a couple nights off so he can re-focus nothing drastic just change it up after a miserable week.

For me its who is going to step up and start scoring the puck? Stastny is more of a passer, Wolski hasn't scored a legit goal in forever, Stewart seems to be slowing a bit and is very young, Duchene is only 19 so its not fair to rely on him yet, Galiardi is young a probably a bit out of position he is more of a 3rd line player than a 2nd liner, Yip is on magical run but he will stop producing at a high rate, O'Reilly is in a long offensive dry spell but we count on him for shut down purposes. And everyone else on the offense is pretty much garbage when it comes to the offensive side of things. So basically I don't know who is going to step up but it needs to be someone.

The thing that I keeps bothering me about this Avs team and its prospect pool is the lack of a true scoring threat. Looking at the stats our highest goal scorer Duchene/Stewart are tied for 45th in the league for goal scoring...not very good. I realize both these players are young and can improve, but what does that say about the goal scoring ability of the rest of the team?

Am saying Kovalchuk is the answer...I don't know. I do know that he currently sits only behind Crosby, Ovechkin, Marleau, and Gaborik in goal scoring which is pretty good company. And we'd be stupid to not explore the possibly of adding a talent like that to the roster.

All I know is it would be the Broncos version 2.0 if the Avs, who by all standards are over-achieving, missed the playoffs this year after a very good 2/3 of the season. It would be very disappointing to me if we failed to qualify, so hopefully we mix it up a bit and start working hard again so we can maintain a playoff spot.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Fluke

I don't see why everyone is so mad about this loss. We all know that we have to keep our 2 wins, 1 loss pattern going and I mean we did win 6 in a row. We had to lose these last 3.

Fluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
Well, after thinking about this game overnight so I could cool off a bit, I'm still very disappointed by it, and for that matter I'm very disappointed by the entire week.

Think about this week we played 3 teams way below us in the standings, all 3 of them played their back-up goaltender, 2 of the 3 games were at home, 2 of the 3 games were against teams that had played the night before, and we couldn't even manage 1 lousy point. Just an overall terrible week.

The thing that pisses me off in these boards is everyone jumps on you if you say they had a bad week. But guess what I don't give a ****. I'm going to say it loud and clear...THE AVS PLAYED LIKE A BUNCH OF PANSIES THIS WEEK.

Does this mean I think we need to trade everybody...NO, do we need to make a bunch of stupid crippling trades and go for the Cup this year....NO, do we need a little shake-up because things are bit stale right now...YES.

You know change the line combos, bench somebody, give Anderson a couple nights off so he can re-focus nothing drastic just change it up after a miserable week.

For me its who is going to step up and start scoring the puck? Stastny is more of a passer, Wolski hasn't scored a legit goal in forever, Stewart seems to be slowing a bit and is very young, Duchene is only 19 so its not fair to rely on him yet, Galiardi is young a probably a bit out of position he is more of a 3rd line player than a 2nd liner, Yip is on magical run but he will stop producing at a high rate, O'Reilly is in a long offensive dry spell but we count on him for shut down purposes. And everyone else on the offense is pretty much garbage when it comes to the offensive side of things. So basically I don't know who is going to step up but it needs to be someone.

The thing that I keeps bothering me about this Avs team and its prospect pool is the lack of a true scoring threat. Looking at the stats our highest goal scorer Duchene/Stewart are tied for 45th in the league for goal scoring...not very good. I realize both these players are young and can improve, but what does that say about the goal scoring ability of the rest of the team?

Am saying Kovalchuk is the answer...I don't know. I do know that he currently sits only behind Crosby, Ovechkin, Marleau, and Gaborik in goal scoring which is pretty good company. And we'd be stupid to not explore the possibly of adding a talent like that to the roster.

All I know is it would be the Broncos version 2.0 if the Avs, who by all standards are over-achieving, missed the playoffs this year after a very good 2/3 of the season. It would be very disappointing to me if we failed to qualify, so hopefully we mix it up a bit and start working hard again so we can maintain a playoff spot.
I'm not sure saying such a thing will get you a load of hate. Nothing wrong with saying the team played like crap when they did indeed play like crap. It's dopes who constantly harp the same garbage over and over and OVER about how Stastny is vastly overpaid and how we need to get Ilya Kovalchuk or Vinny Lecavalier RIGHT NOW who rightly deserve a sack of **** thrown in their face.

And yes, it would be stupid not to at least inquire about talents like Kovalchuk or Marleau. I'd just as soon not do it and just let the rebuild continue--one thing we need to keep in mind is that we are still missing two key players and eventually that was going to take a huge toll. Hopefully Hejduk gets back on his skates and soon...

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

At least it was nice to see McLeod mop the floor with the much bigger Aaron Voros. I haven't seen an Av have such a clear W in a fight in a long while. Couple this game with his performance against the Stars, and I think we're finally seeing McLeod come back to what we're used to from him.

Other than that, there weren't too many positives to take from the game. I suppose the PK continues to roll, but its counterpart on the PP was downright awful.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 12:36 PM
NWAvsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
At least it was nice to see McLeod mop the floor with the much bigger Aaron Voros. I haven't seen an Av have such a clear W in a fight in a long while. Couple this game with his performance against the Stars, and I think we're finally seeing McLeod come back to what we're used to from him.

Other than that, there weren't too many positives to take from the game. I suppose the PK continues to roll, but its counterpart on the PP was downright awful.
Yep. That was a solid shot the McLeod gave him. Voros is a tough nut so it didn't do any real harm but bloodying a guy and putting him in the penalty box is something we could use to see a little more.

NWAvsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAvsFan View Post
Yep. That was a solid shot the McLeod gave him. Voros is a tough nut so it didn't do any real harm but bloodying a guy and putting him in the penalty box is something we could use to see a little more.
Yes, that was about the only "awesome" part of the game for me. Too bad Voros was a chicken-**** and wailed on McLeod after they both went down.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 02:36 PM
NWAvsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Yes, that was about the only "awesome" part of the game for me. Too bad Voros was a chicken-**** and wailed on McLeod after they both went down.
Yeah, I yelled at my TV. I know the guys are fired up when they are chucking em but if you are a regular fighter that is a gutless move. I thought Voros was better than that.

NWAvsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Mules
Waiting for hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duch9 View Post
I don't see why everyone is so mad about this loss. We all know that we have to keep our 2 wins, 1 loss pattern going and I mean we did win 6 in a row. We had to lose these last 3.
Hahhaa.... that's a good one. That said, I hope Avs will come out with more energy and effort tomorrow.

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote