HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline Deals

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2010, 03:20 PM
CSampson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why2Jay View Post
As a Flames fan I would almost be happy to see Tanguay back in The C especially if it keeps Kotalik away from our first line..
Who would you want ffor Halpern?
I know nothing about him. Help?
Bourque !

Old
02-02-2010, 03:32 PM
TheDaysOf 04
For The Chief!

Question: Why does everyone want to trade Halpern? Is it because you think he can potentially get back a return that can be better than what he brings right now, his $2 Million contract, or something else.

I would love to resign Halpern, and I don't think he would be earning more than he is getting now. He is a very useful, versatile player.

Old
02-02-2010, 03:43 PM
TBLHoser

Just pulled this off TSN.ca from Dreger's forum:

Justin, Dekalb, IL: With the Hawks about to get Bolland and Burish back from injury soon, do you believe they will finally move one or more of their forwards (Versteeg, Byfuglien, Sharp) to not only free up cap space for next season, but to solidify their defence? What names are you hearing with regard to the Hawks?

Darren Dreger: Hi Justin, the Chicago Blackhawks are loaded for bear! But, you've hit the area they'd like to improve right on the money, and that's their blueline. I've heard Chicago has interest in Tampa Bay defenceman Andrei Meszaros, but he's expensive and require Sharp, Versteeg or Cam Barker to get that deal done.

What do you guys think? Personally, I think he's expendable....

Old
02-02-2010, 03:49 PM
CSampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post

Justin, Dekalb, IL: With the Hawks about to get Bolland and Burish back from injury soon, do you believe they will finally move one or more of their forwards (Versteeg, Byfuglien, Sharp) to not only free up cap space for next season, but to solidify their defence? What names are you hearing with regard to the Hawks?

Darren Dreger: Hi Justin, the Chicago Blackhawks are loaded for bear! But, you've hit the area they'd like to improve right on the money, and that's their blueline. I've heard Chicago has interest in Tampa Bay defenceman Andrei Meszaros, but he's expensive and require Sharp, Versteeg or Cam Barker to get that deal done.

In a ****ing heartbeat. But why would CHI want a contract that isn't expiring...

Old
02-02-2010, 03:52 PM
TheDaysOf 04
For The Chief!

Quote:

For Sharp or Versteeg...I think that would be a fair trade.

Old
02-02-2010, 03:53 PM
TBLHoser

From looking at their salaries, doesn't look like it'll save any money though which might nix the trade...

Old
02-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Off Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Question: Why does everyone want to trade Halpern? Is it because you think he can potentially get back a return that can be better than what he brings right now, his $2 Million contract, or something else.

I would love to resign Halpern, and I don't think he would be earning more than he is getting now. He is a very useful, versatile player.
$2 mil seems like a lot for the bolts to pay for a 3rd line center with all the youth sitting in norfolk or bouncing between there and tampa...one among chewy, blair jones, and a couple guys i might be forgetting would be a good fit to center the 3rd line, and so gettin an asset while also freeing up $2 mil and making ice time for a young hungry player would look mighty good to a team that is trying to walk the payroll tightrope.

ditto meszaros, maybe it's early to give up on him, but his cost\contribution ratio is out of whack for a team up against a financial wall, especially when he can be converted into future players that can be controlled at that cost. to use baseball terms, they're not "moneyball" friendly players, but they can be converted into assets that are. our top 2 centers are set for the foreseeable future, and we have the makings of an effective top 4 without meszaros.

we're too early in the rebuilding process to be getting value from a player like meszaros, and halpern is a luxury we can do without, especially if you want to open up slots to motivate your bottom 2 lines

Old
02-02-2010, 03:59 PM
TheDaysOf 04
For The Chief!

Quote:
From looking at their salaries, doesn't look like it'll save any money though which might nix the trade...
But they are aiming for a serious cup run, so whatever helps their chances of winning a cup might be worth it.

Old
02-02-2010, 04:55 PM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

Quote:

This has potential. It wouldn't clear any cap space though. Meszaros is underperforming in Tampa (trading him to a western conference team wouldn't hurt as much as an eastern team if he'd get his act together) while we could definitely use Versteeg but even Barker sounds promissing. Sharp however is another center and not the youngest anymore.

Old
02-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Mr Underhill

To Chicago:
Andre Meszaros

To Tampa:
Kris Versteeg

DONE, DONE, DONE!!! SIGN IT!!!

Old
02-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

I'd take Versteeg hell yeah. Gets rid of one of the useless guys we got here at forward (Veilluex, Tanguay) and gets rid of Mez's contract. I think they'd rather move on without Mez and let Ranger come back if not creates an open spot for Wishart or Lashoff next year in camp they can compete for.

Old
02-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Sear91

vCash: 435
We need to keep Foster; can't let a point presence like that go if we are in the fringe zone to make the playoffs.

Old
02-02-2010, 05:59 PM
IdealisticSniper

Personally Id rather have Sharp than Versteeg. But I wouldnt complain too much if we got Versteeg for Mez. I like Mez but hes just not living up to the money he is signed for and we have a lot of dmen who can do what hes doing now.

Also Im 99% sure Wishart makes the jump next season (Hes tearing up the A this year) and I wouldnt be surprised if Mihalik and Lashoff push for spots too.

As for Halpern, I like him but we could get a decent asset or two for him at the deadline and I think we need to do that. Especially getting a second back for this years draft. I also think Jones could be ready to take Halperns spot next season/end of this season.

And yes Foster needs to be resigned. See if you can lock him up for 2-3 years for under 2M a year. Play him as a 4th line wing(hes solid there) with spot duties on the blueline if needed and then he gets that point spot on the PP. The only way we trade him is if we are thrown a 1st or something way overpayment for him.

Old
02-02-2010, 06:23 PM
LecavaYeahBaby

Send a message via AIM to LecavaYeahBaby Send a message via Yahoo to LecavaYeahBaby Send a message via Skype™ to LecavaYeahBaby
Veilleux!?!?!?!?!?

Old
02-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

I'd take Sharp but I can't help but feel like we're ****ing up defenseman here only to see them round out defensively elsewhere.

Old
02-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Like who besides Matt Carle? (which got us Downie so...)

Old
02-02-2010, 09:15 PM
gobolt7

In reading this thread, I have a feeling there are going to be alot of disappointed people here trade deadline day.

Old
02-02-2010, 09:18 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Phillips View Post
Like who besides Matt Carle? (which got us Downie so...)
Lol... Carle hasn't gotten any better. He is playing with Pronger. LK could look good playing with Pronger.

Old
02-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Carle, LK, Meszaros, Ranger... all guys who seem to have regressed recently.

Old
02-03-2010, 07:14 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
Carle, LK, Meszaros, Ranger... all guys who seem to have regressed recently.
To begin with, LK was never all world talent, Carle fetched us Downie which some may think we got the better end of that deal, Ranger has been injured and now god knows what this year, and that leaves Mez who's taken a puck to the face and missed the second half of last year with shoulder injury.

Old
02-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Stats79

Another Flames fan here. I miss Tanguay too. He was productive for a while with Calgary and I know his stock has dropped considerably but I'd still like to see him back. Especially with the much lower salary than he used to have.

Old
02-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Phillips View Post
To begin with, LK was never all world talent, Carle fetched us Downie which some may think we got the better end of that deal, Ranger has been injured and now god knows what this year, and that leaves Mez who's taken a puck to the face and missed the second half of last year with shoulder injury.
I don't recall ever saying he was all world talent in my post, but the fact of the matter is all of them had played significantly better before coming here and its an issue worth looking at.

Old
02-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Acehawk74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats79 View Post
Another Flames fan here. I miss Tanguay too. He was productive for a while with Calgary and I know his stock has dropped considerably but I'd still like to see him back. Especially with the much lower salary than he used to have.
Your 2nd gets it done.

Old
02-03-2010, 03:12 PM
RussianGuyovich
Hella Ennui

Send a message via MSN to RussianGuyovich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
I don't recall ever saying he was all world talent in my post, but the fact of the matter is all of them had played significantly better before coming here and its an issue worth looking at.

hrmmm mayhaps it is not the player and that the team is just not that good so getting rid of decent players is not such a good idea hrmmm i dont think so

Old
02-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Am I the only one who thinks it could be good without any trades?