HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline Deals

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2010, 04:20 PM
RussianGuyovich
Hella Ennui

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to RussianGuyovich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelmoor View Post
Am I the only one who thinks it could be good without any trades?
we need some forwards, and honestly we should be going for youth. really, id trade vinny for youth at the moment, and thats it.

marty and ohlund too if i wasnt completely enamored with them

Old
02-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Stats79

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwichestime View Post
we need some forwards, and honestly we should be going for youth. really, id trade vinny for youth at the moment, and thats it.

marty and ohlund too if i wasnt completely enamored with them
Flames don't have tons of "youth". Any youth in Clagary that you would take for Vinny?

Old
02-03-2010, 05:05 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelmoor View Post
Am I the only one who thinks it could be good without any trades?
Not only do I agree with you, this is exactly what I think will happen...nothing. At most, some minor trades/maybe a small salary dump. But the roster we have now is what I am expecting to finish the year with, unless someone throws something crazy at Lawton that somehow saves money.

Old
02-03-2010, 07:05 PM
CSampson

Tanguay will be gone by the deadline, make no mistake.

Old
02-03-2010, 07:19 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSampson View Post
Tanguay will be gone by the deadline, make no mistake.
I would be all in on that NOT happening, as of this moment in time.

Old
02-03-2010, 08:06 PM
CSampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
I would be all in on that NOT happening, as of this moment in time.
Really? What's the point of keeping him...he is ****ing useless! His cap pro rated would be really low, giving him some value. We could get a decent player for him I would think, that could take his spot on the 2nd line. ****, I would trade a 2nd rounder to Toronto for Ponikarovsky at this point, and ship Tanguay off for whatever. He won't be back after this season at any point, so we may as well get something for him.

Old
02-03-2010, 08:30 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSampson View Post
Really? What's the point of keeping him...he is ****ing useless! His cap pro rated would be really low, giving him some value. We could get a decent player for him I would think, that could take his spot on the 2nd line. ****, I would trade a 2nd rounder to Toronto for Ponikarovsky at this point, and ship Tanguay off for whatever. He won't be back after this season at any point, so we may as well get something for him.
This team, for all the issues both on and off the ice, is in the middle of both potentially being sold, and in the middle of a run at the postseason. Taking the financial aspect out of it completely (which is a huge deal in and of it self) there is something to be said about the chemistry in that room. Right now, that is one of the few things working very well. And while I dont really feel like taking Tanguay out of the room would be a huge loss, adding someone else too the room is a huge risk, imo.

Plus look at the rest of the east...Boston is falling fast, Olli Jokinen is going to get along splendid with Torts, Atlanta is running Kovy out of town, the Islanders are showing their youth. The Lightning is playing well since the sale thing came up, and this is there for the taking, tinkering with the roster right now does nothing to get this team to meaningful hockey in April.

Old
02-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Fat Elvis

Would TB be interested in dealing Malone to LA for prospects and picks?

Malone
for
Voinov+2nd

Enough or value not there?

Old
02-03-2010, 09:06 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Would TB be interested in dealing Malone to LA for prospects and picks?

Malone
for
Voinov+2nd

Enough or value not there?
Why would we do that?

Old
02-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Why would we do that?
I know why LA would be interested in a few of your players not named Tanguay. Just seeing if TB is looking to move some players. LA has many good prospects and picks, and needs an addition or two to try and make the playoffs and possibly a round or two. IF TB is on the outside looking in at the playoffs, they may be interested in some young players in return of vets.

Didn't come here to offend, sorry if I did.

Old
02-03-2010, 09:21 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 50
Malone is the type of player we need to build around, not trade for picks.

Old
02-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Want Revenge View Post
Malone is the type of player we need to build around, not trade for picks.
That makes sense. Would you deal Foster?

Old
02-03-2010, 09:48 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
No way.

Old
02-03-2010, 11:04 PM
TBLHoser

I'm not going to complain if they don't make any moves but we could use another scoring forward such as Sharp or Versteeg. With the sale going on, they're most likely not going to take on any more salary so it's more likely nothing will happen unless they're out of it.

Old
02-04-2010, 12:07 AM
CSampson

Quote:
This team, for all the issues both on and off the ice, is in the middle of both potentially being sold, and in the middle of a run at the postseason. Taking the financial aspect out of it completely (which is a huge deal in and of it self) there is something to be said about the chemistry in that room. Right now, that is one of the few things working very well. And while I dont really feel like taking Tanguay out of the room would be a huge loss, adding someone else too the room is a huge risk, imo.

Plus look at the rest of the east...Boston is falling fast, Olli Jokinen is going to get along splendid with Torts, Atlanta is running Kovy out of town, the Islanders are showing their youth. The Lightning is playing well since the sale thing came up, and this is there for the taking, tinkering with the roster right now does nothing to get this team to meaningful hockey in April.
First of all we aren't playing good. We play like **** most of the time. This isn't a good team and we'd be damn lucky to make the playoffs. That is why you move Tanguay, we can't afford to not get something for him. As for the sale, from what it sounds like it'll be done before the Olympics, so that won't be a concern. We don't know what kind of internal cap Vinik might impose, but as of now we can't speculate on that.

Tanguay doesn't do much on the ice and I don't think he does much off it either. I don't think I've ever seen the guy even smile. I get the impression he is a mope. He's been there for like 6 or 7 months tops, I don't think cutting off the toe nail will disturb the toe (lol analogy). He'll be gone to a team that needs cheap wingers with a cup ring. I'd take a 2nd for him, but we need some REAL secondary scoring. Cause we got zilch as of now.

If these other teams keep their **** run up (which might not happen), even if we make the playoffs, we haven't shown ANY sign of doing any damage. I haven't seen a hot streak at all this season, so keeping a guy like Tanguay for a leap like that is kind of far fetched.

Let's go get Kovalchuk . If there was ever a team that couldn't afford him...it's us.

Old
02-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:
I like how no one really went after Foster in the offseason when he was a FA but now that we have a good PP and Foster is a big reason for it, everyone is bat **** crazy for him.

Old
02-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Phillips View Post
I like how no one really went after Foster in the offseason when he was a FA but now that we have a good PP and Foster is a big reason for it, everyone is bat **** crazy for him.
Not surprising though is it? He was a major questionmark with the injuries and now that he is back playing well and has that cannon RH shot, everyone wants a piece. Me too, btw .

Btw. what would be the price for Tanguay?

Old
02-04-2010, 10:15 AM
StammerHed2010

I think things will stay pretty quiet for the lightning.

If the rumors are true about Mez for Versteeg, I think thats one they pull the trigger on.

If they acquire another top 6 winger in some way, I can also see them attempting to trade Tanguay for a 2nd round pick next year, seeing as we already traded ours to the Bruins.

Old
02-04-2010, 11:57 AM
kinggelato

Quote:
Originally Posted by StammerHed2010 View Post
I think things will stay pretty quiet for the lightning.

If the rumors are true about Mez for Versteeg, I think thats one they pull the trigger on.

If they acquire another top 6 winger in some way, I can also see them attempting to trade Tanguay for a 2nd round pick next year, seeing as we already traded ours to the Bruins.
If the lightning is even close to the playoffs they are going to sit tight with many of the players they have no matter who owns the team. They need the ticket revenue of ANY extra games. They also need to make the playoffs so it sends a message to the casual fan that this team is a playoff team and getting better for next season. Its basically about ticket sales for this year and next.

With that said, the Mez deal would be taken in a heart beat. His salary is too large for him and he is probably the most expendable with the most trade value. Including Tanguay, because there is little depth behing Tanguay.

Another wild card that no one on here and probably only a few people at the lightning know, where does Ranger fit in long term. Is he done with hockey? It looks more and more like he is for this year at least. Do the lightning bring him back. His FA value has got to be next to nill.

Old
02-04-2010, 11:54 PM
TBLHoser

Just wondering....Scotty Bowman has been around the Forum for quite a few games now over the past month - is he still there on behalf of the Canadian Olympic team and looking at our top three or is he still working for the Blackhawks? ....hmmm...

Old
02-05-2010, 01:14 AM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
Just wondering....Scotty Bowman has been around the Forum for quite a few games now over the past month - is he still there on behalf of the Canadian Olympic team and looking at our top three or is he still working for the Blackhawks? ....hmmm...
He is there scouting for the Blackhawks, no other reason. And he is VERY entertaining to listen to in the course of a game.

Old
02-05-2010, 01:21 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
He is there scouting for the Blackhawks, no other reason.
You know there is a John Mayer concert tomorrow. Never too early to save your seat.

Old
02-05-2010, 01:36 AM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
You know there is a John Mayer concert tomorrow. Never too early to save your seat.
So THATS why he was running for the door...

Old
02-05-2010, 08:50 AM
peanutvendor

what do you think the chances of vinik taking over and realizing playoffs=money this season and next and tells lawton to make a deal or 2? one it would show he is committed to win, 2 it would get extra revenue this year for the games and next year for STH and early season ticket sales?

just a thought I had over coffee.

Old
02-05-2010, 09:42 AM
TBLHoser

Quote:
He is there scouting for the Blackhawks, no other reason. And he is VERY entertaining to listen to in the course of a game.
He must have been really impressed with Mez last night!

Closed Thread