HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Salary Dump ...aka our 1st line Center

Old
02-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Defense

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs93 View Post
So what about Plekanec?

27 year old center, 54 points in 56 games, would definately work good with kessel.
*cough* HAB *cough*

Defense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 02:11 PM
EternallyLeafs
doris

Quote:
*cough* HAB *cough*
I know, i know - but he's got talent and don't you remember who komisarek played for last year?

He's got 41 assists - thats the type of player kessel needs on his line.

EternallyLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 12:08 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
IIHF had him at 190 pounds, 6'0" in the recent WJC championship. And he is eligible for the AHL next year.
Is 6 foot, 190 at Christmas too small for the following year? He can easily add 10 pounds and be a 200 lbs guy. I don't know if these numbers are accurate, but why is this too small?

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Rooooooooooxxxanne*

I'm positive Drury will be a leaf by the trade deadline.

Rooooooooooxxxanne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 12:26 PM
NewFang

Kadri???

I don't get you people. Really don't.

NewFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 12:38 PM
CAVETEETH

Thornton is a UFA in 2011. Maybe he comes home?

CAVETEETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Falon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Palm Isle View Post
Staal will not be deat for Kaberle... Get over it already
It could happen, it would just require more than Kaberle. It would take Kulemin too.

Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Falon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooooooooooxxxanne View Post
Dear lord I hope not. Talk about a waste of money.

Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 01:46 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

Kadri and Bozak.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 03:34 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafs99 View Post
Thornton is a UFA in 2011. Maybe he comes home?
Thorton's agent thinks Burke is ruining this team, and building Boston.

Old
02-02-2010, 04:51 PM
KesseltoLupul

Tomas Kaberle
Mikhail Grabovski
Lee Stempniak

for

Vincent Lecavalier
Steve Downie

Kadri - Lecavalier - Kessel
Stalberg - Bozak - Kulemin
Hanson - Mitchell - Downie
Orr - Primeau - Rosehill

Beauchemin - Phaneuf
Gunnarsson - Komisarek
Schenn - Aulie

Giguere
Gustavsson

KesseltoLupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 04:53 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by erixon View Post
Oilers fan here, curious what Leaf fans think of a deal like this- Komisarek to EDM, for Horcoff... I figured they are both overpaid, and they could probably both help out the respective teams. I could see Horcoff putting up 60 points a year with a change of scenery and a decent winger, and he is a 5.5 cap hit. Thoughts?
Naw,

Komi for Brule

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 04:54 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
Thorton's agent thinks Burke is ruining this team, and building Boston.
You know we didn't actually lose two - 1st round picks right

We landed a guy named Phil Kessel, who would actually be Boston's best player right now.

Old
02-02-2010, 04:55 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Holy crap i hope not

Old
02-02-2010, 04:59 PM
My Sweet Shadow

I can't see us going for a Briere type contract right now. We're going to have to move a defenseman or two before we even think about something like that. Trade for Briere now and we risk not being able to make much of a slpash in the free agent market this offseason.

A better bet would be to go for a younger center who's have an off year. Mueller, Cogliano, etc.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 4200
Quote:
He better be along side a first rounder as well.

Epictetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 05:02 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post

We landed a guy named Phil Kessel, who would actually be Boston's best player right now.
I know that, but tell it to Thornton's agent. It's a true story, but I can't link it.

Old
02-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Leaf_Crazy

The options Id explore would be.

1. J.Staal
2.Marleau (Requires no assets, hes a UFA, but I expect him to get around 6mil)
3. Mueller
4. Lecavalier (that salary and term is scary judging by production this year)

To Toronto: J.Staal (4)
To Pittsburgh: A. Poni(2.1), T. Kaberle(4.25), + Some prospect...

I cant really see this deal happening, Pittsburgh would have to send a small contract our way to make it work before the deadline. I dont see this deal happening till the offseason, Staal is a big part of the Cup champs team down the middle. So that would make it Kaberle + Something (as we would have no poni), afraid to say what impact player that would be, something like Kadri.

Marleau:He would cost us no assets, so this might be the best way to patch the wholes we have down the middle. If the Leafs signed him next year we would have 2 lines with potential, Marleau on the 1st and Kadri on the 2nd. I dont see this happening unless Burke kisses some serious ass or fires Wilson. Rumours have swirled for years how much Marleau hates playing for Wilson...then again, Money Talks.

Estimate Cost: 6 Million per year on a multi year deal, no assets.

To Phoenix: Poni, Kaberle, Finger
To Toronto: Mueller + 1st

Some of you may think this deal makes no sense, I estimate, Ponis value at a 2nd rounder, and Mueller is obviously worth more than that. Kaberle goes with Poni and therefore more has to come back where is where the 1st comes in, and Finger is a dump of a contract to a team with 15 mil in cap space. This is the deal id think would be fair and would make sense for both teams however; I cant see a team that has ownership turmoil taking on that much salary. Then again we could take a UFA of theirs for this year as a dump. This team desperately needs a playoff run, and even Finger as a dump could contribute to their team.

I know Mueller isnt a #1 center yet, but the potential is DEFINITLY there, hes got all the tools, and he fits the mold of this team. Hes big he can skate, which would work well with Kessel (whom he has previously played with and had chemistry with)

To Tampa: Kaberle, Finger, 2nd, Oreskivich
To Toronto: Vinny Lecavalier

I really have no idea on this trade, its almost impossible to estimate Vinnys value. If his contract wasnt for such a long term, and he didn't have such a horrible season it would be completely different. Rumor has it the team is about to be sold and wants to shed some salary, and this sheds some for the long term. Kaberle has a ton of value at that contract and adds something they have coveted since they got rid of Dan Boyle. Finger is obviously a dump of ours and Oreskivich is a defender who has probably missed his chance in Toronto and could add an intangible that Tampa doesnt have on the back end right now, a in your face, sturdy dman in his own end who can bang. I know this proposal looks a bit out there, but I truely think Vinnys value has dropped a lot.

Leaf_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 05:34 PM
alcanalz
whys and wherefores

vCash: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post

Savard and Chara don't play for the Bruins anymore? Even Bergeron has as many points as Kessel.

The Pens will not trade Staal. Maybe next year, or in three years time, or never, who knows. But there is no chance of him leaving this year. He's playing great, and he's a huge part of their team. They won't deal him before the playoffs. Leaf_crazy your deal for him is pretty good, with either Poni or Kulemin being the winger in the deal and then some random prospect, but it won't happen.

Also, that trade for Lecavalier is horrendous. He's playing at a PPG (which is below what he could and should be producing) but still quite good, and obviously a big part of that team. They definitely won't send him for a package including Finger and Oreskovic. He's also got a NMC, and apparently loves Tampa and won't waive it.

I like the Mueller one though, rids us of Finger and an expiring UFA. Might be a tad high from our end, but maybe not either.

alcanalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Leaf_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanalz View Post
Savard and Chara don't play for the Bruins anymore? Even Bergeron has as many points as Kessel.

The Pens will not trade Staal. Maybe next year, or in three years time, or never, who knows. But there is no chance of him leaving this year. He's playing great, and he's a huge part of their team. They won't deal him before the playoffs. Leaf_crazy your deal for him is pretty good, with either Poni or Kulemin being the winger in the deal and then some random prospect, but it won't happen.

Also, that trade for Lecavalier is horrendous. He's playing at a PPG (which is below what he could and should be producing) but still quite good, and obviously a big part of that team. They definitely won't send him for a package including Finger and Oreskovic. He's also got a NMC, and apparently loves Tampa and won't waive it.

I like the Mueller one though, rids us of Finger and an expiring UFA. Might be a tad high from our end, but maybe not either.
I agree, I dont see Staal as a leaf, and I dont think Burke will touch Vinny. But I dont think his value is as high as some think it is, his contract is pretty crazy especially the cap hit in the later years. Definitly hard to project what he will fetch if he is traded. I do however think the Mueller deal I proposed is the best deal and makes sense IMO.

Old
02-03-2010, 01:39 AM
OlderTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by erixon View Post
Oilers fan here, curious what Leaf fans think of a deal like this- Komisarek to EDM, for Horcoff... I figured they are both overpaid, and they could probably both help out the respective teams. I could see Horcoff putting up 60 points a year with a change of scenery and a decent winger, and he is a 5.5 cap hit. Thoughts?
seriously...no need for Horcoff ....we gave up Stajan....(60 point player) truly only one player on the Oilers that i want..............cogliano!!! what would it take for the Leafs to get him????

OlderTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 01:49 AM
OlderTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanalz View Post

since junior i have never ever ever liked Mueller......most people on here like him because he was a first round pick.....never liked him,,,and still dont....the most i'd give for him is a 7th round pick.....dont let him being a 1st round pick cloud your minds....he is not worth a first rounder...and not even a second or third rounder!!!

OlderTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 01:58 AM
sparxx87

Lecavalier for Komisarek + Grabovski +

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 09:41 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_Crazy View Post
The options Id explore would be.

1. J.Staal
2.Marleau (Requires no assets, hes a UFA, but I expect him to get around 6mil)
3. Mueller
4. Lecavalier (that salary and term is scary judging by production this year)

To Toronto: J.Staal (4)
To Pittsburgh: A. Poni(2.1), T. Kaberle(4.25), + Some prospect...

To Phoenix: Poni, Kaberle, Finger
To Toronto: Mueller + 1st

To Tampa: Kaberle, Finger, 2nd, Oreskivich
To Toronto: Vinny Lecavalier

this is Funny, Lecavalier regardless of his cap hit is the best of these 3 players by a MILE, and he's getting far and away the worst package

Mueller is close to being considered a bust ...if he were a Leaf, he'd already have that label

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Leaf_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
this is Funny, Lecavalier regardless of his cap hit is the best of these 3 players by a MILE, and he's getting far and away the worst package

Mueller is close to being considered a bust ...if he were a Leaf, he'd already have that label
Mueller is far from being considered a bust. I guarentee most NHL execs would think the same, Mueller is 21 years old. Sure hes regressed in every season but maybe a change in scenery is what he needs, its a risk, but has worked for a zillion other players in the past. His value isnt as high as it was, but he still has value.

And Yes I do admit my package for Vinny is terrible, but thats just my opinion on that contract, taking that huge of a cap hit when he turns 40 years old is just insane.