Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2010, 07:31 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

vCash: 500
Hockey Southern Style....

So here's a bold idea...

Since the Preds are in the West and we are in the East, perhaps the fan clubs can get together on an idea to show Canada that we believe in Hockey Southern Style.

The way it works, is that one weekend when the Thrash are off, we head up there in Thrasher gear to a Predator-Canada team game and hold up HOCKEY SOUTHERN STYLE signage, then, another weekend game, they come down to Atlanta in Preds stuff and hold up same signage and pull for the Thrashers.

It's a neat trip and fills the arenas with new electricity. Would definitely twist noses of northern media-meisters.

Any thoughts from southern fried hockey fans? It would be like hating your SEC opponent all season but pulling for the Ole Miss/MSU/Vandy's in the Bowl games vs. the Big 10 or Pac 10.

Old
01-31-2010, 08:00 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
Since the Preds are in the West and we are in the East, perhaps the fan clubs can get together on an idea to show Canada that we believe in Hockey Southern Style.
I think you need to understand that no matter how many games are sold out, how much success in the box office a southern franchise has, no matter how passionate the fans are....you will not change the minds of most people who think hockey doesn't belong in the South.

If you want to do this because it would be fun, and the Nashville and Atlanta fan clubs want to do...then do it. But don't do it to impress people who couldn't care less about it.

Old
01-31-2010, 08:10 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Been talking to some folks on the Preds board and they are toying with getting a group to come to Atlanta in March for their rematch game. I think it would be a blast for both Fan Clubs to have a "HOCKEY SOUTHERN STYLE" event because both cities offer some decent tourist attractions and it's such an easy trip (If no snow is involved).

Doesn't matter who or who isn't "impressed" it's about the electricity that would be caused just with something new going on. More butts in the seats and would lead to some pub for each team.....just look how our "little group of noisy fans" got mentioned on TSN. Ya, they said "little group" but they still said it.

Those fuddy duddies out there will snub their noses at it, because they may just be a little jealous that hockey fans can have fun with the sport.

Sorry you couldn't come to Nashvegas with us, it was cool and then you'd understand how this would be a fun adventure!

Old
01-31-2010, 08:38 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

I don't think you understood me. If Nashville fans want to do the same thing, good. Love to have them down here, it is pretty silly the closest NHL team to Atlanta is in a different conference.

Do it for the right reasons.

Old
02-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Jerdn

people who think hockey shouldn;t be allowed to be in certain places are *******s.

NHL channel's slogan:

"Hockey is for everyone"
it should be played wherever, I don't know why people get mad that some southern hockey states are doing better than their beloved teams.

hahahaha. Capitals are crazy this year (as much as i hate them). and virginia/dc is pretty much in the south.

Old
02-05-2010, 07:24 AM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

I love hockey and SEC football. I think just a majority of southerners stick to just SEC football though. (SEC>Hockey)

Old
02-05-2010, 08:35 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiralyPred View Post
(SEC>Hockey)
You got the symbol wrong. You should have used the <. I know, it's an easy mistake to make.

Closed Thread