HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Next year's Roadrunner Rookies

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2004, 09:35 PM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
Next year's Roadrunner Rookies

So who's gonna make the RR's next season?

With the lack of openings at the nhl level the roster will be very hard to crack next season, for every guy in there'll likely be a guy demoted or unsigned. Not a happy time.

That may be a good reason to keep our euros oversees so that the greatest # of our prospects are getting top notch experience. Then again, we have to do what's best for our top guys so maybe that means they come over regardless.

Niinimaki - If he had been healthy and in our org last season he probably would have gotten a call-up here.

To make matters worse, it turns out that his Finnish team went out and got a couple of guys to play ahead of him in the lineup even before he even got injured. I'm sure that both the Oilers and Jesse were looking forward to him landing that #1 role, that carrot was dangled in front of him last year to keep him in Finland, or so it would seem.

Once bitten twice shy, the Oilers and Jesse have to take matters into their own hands now. IMO his Finish team is out of the question for next season.

Mikhnov - His progress can't be effectivley monitored in the outer-mongolian ultra league, and he can't be showcased there if the Oil feel they want to trade him. RR camp Alexei, please!

Greene - This guy's no college boy, he needs to play against the men to make any strides in his career. If he goes to T.O. our d will be STACKED in the event of a lockout.

Kyle - It will be very interesting to see who'd come out on top if KB and JN go head to head in T.O. next season. No matter what happens the fans there will be treated to a more offensively gifted team next season.

Yeah I picked all the easy ones, so sue me. Who's gonna make that team next season?

Old
04-22-2004, 09:49 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
I'd like to see JDD there.... have him split time. We gotta good goalie down there to start him out in his professional career too, so that's a notable bonus.

Old
04-22-2004, 10:05 PM
Cerebral

Possibly Svensk?

Old
04-22-2004, 10:10 PM
aspin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
So who's gonna make the RR's next season?

With the lack of openings at the nhl level the roster will be very hard to crack next season, for every guy in there'll likely be a guy demoted or unsigned. Not a happy time.

That may be a good reason to keep our euros oversees so that the greatest # of our prospects are getting top notch experience. Then again, we have to do what's best for our top guys so maybe that means they come over regardless.

Niinimaki - If he had been healthy and in our org last season he probably would have gotten a call-up here.

To make matters worse, it turns out that his Finnish team went out and got a couple of guys to play ahead of him in the lineup even before he even got injured. I'm sure that both the Oilers and Jesse were looking forward to him landing that #1 role, that carrot was dangled in front of him last year to keep him in Finland, or so it would seem.

Once bitten twice shy, the Oilers and Jesse have to take matters into their own hands now. IMO his Finish team is out of the question for next season.

Mikhnov - His progress can't be effectivley monitored in the outer-mongolian ultra league, and he can't be showcased there if the Oil feel they want to trade him. RR camp Alexei, please!

Greene - This guy's no college boy, he needs to play against the men to make any strides in his career. If he goes to T.O. our d will be STACKED in the event of a lockout.

Kyle - It will be very interesting to see who'd come out on top if KB and JN go head to head in T.O. next season. No matter what happens the fans there will be treated to a more offensively gifted team next season.

Yeah I picked all the easy ones, so sue me. Who's gonna make that team next season?
Kenny Smith
Kyle Brodziak
Jason Platt
Alexei Mikhnov
Michal Svesnk
Tomas Micka
JF Plourde
Jeff Deslauriers

Platt will probably be in the ECHL.maybe Smith as well.

Old
04-22-2004, 10:14 PM
Lowetide

I'm hoping for Mikhnov, Brodziak and JDD. Niinimaki is unlikely to come over, and Greene has some nice things happening in college (I read somewhere they were dangling the captaincy? or was I smoking the wrong cigarettes?).

I wouldn't mind seeing JDD play in the ECHL for awhile and dominate there. Seems to me the ECHL is like AA baseball, or maybe even A ball. Big step from junior to the AHL, especially for a goalie.

Old
04-23-2004, 12:08 AM
YKOil

I really...

...want to see one of Svensk, Niinimaki or Mihknov - we HAVE to start getting these guys ready for the NHL and we HAVE to start to be able to guage their development properly.

YKOil

Old
04-23-2004, 12:33 AM
Obsessed

What about Pouliot, is he eligible?

Old
04-23-2004, 12:43 AM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed
I don't think so, he'll still have chl eligibility left. Anyone got a link to this silly rule????

Old
04-23-2004, 12:43 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed
Nope, he'll either be with the Oilers next year or back down to the QMJHL. He's still too young to play in the AHL..

Old
04-23-2004, 11:32 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspin
Kenny Smith
Kyle Brodziak
Jason Platt
Alexei Mikhnov
Michal Svesnk
Tomas Micka
JF Plourde
Jeff Deslauriers

Platt will probably be in the ECHL.maybe Smith as well.
That's a pretty good list aspin. I'm told that Geoff Ward was really impressed with Jason Platt's attitude and work ethic so maybe he has a better chance at sticking then Kenny Smith?

Old
04-23-2004, 11:33 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
Greene has some nice things happening in college (I read somewhere they were dangling the captaincy? or was I smoking the wrong cigarettes?).
You read that in the "Prospects in the Playoffs" story here at HF bud .

Closed Thread