HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pit/edm

Old
02-02-2010, 07:51 AM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

vCash: 500
Pit/edm

To Penguins:
Patrick O'Sullivan

To Oilers:
Ruslan Fedetenko

Straight up deal. Feds is a UFA at seasons end, good team guy as well. Many Oilers fans think that O'Sullivan should be moved. O'Sullivan is a winger and a low risk high reward for the Pens. Salary should work for both teams.

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 08:19 AM
wej20

Don't see much incentive for EDM to deal Sully for a veteran UFA, Add a pick or prospect to even it out. Still not sure than O'Sullivan is the solution to the Pens wing problems.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 08:27 AM
backs4mvp

That deal may as well be;

O'Sullivan for Future considerations

As Fedotenko has Zero trade value to the oilers.

Feds played pretty well last year for the pens, had 7g 14p in 24games, while O'Sullivan has never played in the playoffs. Is that really the type of deal the pens would want to make with their remaining cap space?

backs4mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 08:42 AM
ziggo66

Quote:
Originally Posted by backs4mvp View Post
Is that really the type of deal the pens would want to make with their remaining cap space?
No, it's not.

I don't understand these kind of proposals...

ziggo66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 11:10 AM
vecens24

About 90% of the time I would jump all over this and say done right away from the Pens' perspective. However I'm not sure we could do this at this time just because of the cap.

Also, I really see no incentive for the Oilers to do this.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Tedi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
About 90% of the time I would jump all over this and say done right away from the Pens' perspective. However I'm not sure we could do this at this time just because of the cap.

Also, I really see no incentive for the Oilers to do this.
Zero incentive...no need for Fedotenko, need prospects or picks at this point. This doesn't help us shed salary, although Fedotenko is a pending UFA so we let him walk at the end of the year. There is still a glimmer of hope with Sully and I believe we could get a slightly better return and I doubt Pit is willing to give us anything more. How about a package deal for Staal

Tedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Gooch

Yeah not sure why you sit through the entire season putting up with a crappy fedotenko only to deal him right before the playoffs where he typically comes out of his shell and becomes an actually useful and effective player...

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 11:35 AM
JTG

I would do it as a Pens fan if the cap wasn't such a huge issue. Fedotenko is a strong playoff performer usually, but he has been trash for a good portion of this season. Nothing suggests that he will turn into form.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Beerfish

It DOES help the oilers shed salary. O'Sully has another year at 2.95 cap hit. Fedetenko would be set free at the end of the year. The Oilers have a lot of players to sign next year and if they can't move one of the big ticket guys then they do need to free up a bit of cap space. I would consider it as an Oilers fan if the Pens tossed in a pick of some sort.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 11:43 AM
cassius

I proposed a trade like this a few weeks back - I think it's a great move for both teams.

cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 11:45 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

No reason at all for Edmonton to pick up a UFA vet. We will be looking for picks and prospects in trades

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 11:46 AM
vecens24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
I proposed a trade like this a few weeks back - I think it's a great move for both teams.
See my only issue with it is that we would be using most of the cap space we have left to acquire a guy we're really not sure we can count on in at all either come playoff time or even regular season. He still has the upside and maybe playing with Crosby or Malkin would help him realize that, but I think it's too big of a risk to toss some of our hopes into O'Sullivan when he is just not nearly proven enough taht he can produce at all.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 11:53 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Oilers couldn't possibly say no. O'Sullivan hasn't been able to fit into any which role we've him in. In LA he showed people that he's a good player. He just doesn't work with the mix of guys we've got. Well, that's an optimist talking.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Master Shake

I dont see Pittsburgh moving Feds and if you do not know why you didnt watch the SC playoffs carefully enough.

Master Shake is offline   Reply With Quote