HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marleau

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2004, 10:28 PM
SpItFiReZ

vCash: 500
Marleau

What an amazing young player.....SJ has a great kid coming up....6 goals two hat tricks he really is coming out this year and many many more years to come
lucky for SJ....many teams would die to have him!

Old
04-22-2004, 10:29 PM
PhillyNucksFan

and they have Sturm..

Wow.....

I have never seen Avs getting owned so bad in a playoff game!!

Old
04-22-2004, 10:41 PM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
Patrick Marleau= THe franchise.

HOLY F"n POOOP is he somthing.

Old
04-22-2004, 10:54 PM
VP and GM
Havlat is gone!

I'll agree that his stock appears to be going up
and he and Nabby are the franchise. Lets see how the rest
of the playoffs turn out before we get to excited about 2 periods of hockey.

Old
04-23-2004, 01:52 AM
corbanSOG
Registered Loser

he still needs to improve his scoring consistency, but when he's hot...watch out! when he scores, he scores in bunches.

Old
04-23-2004, 10:08 AM
rekrul

Marleau streakyness to me is because of the type of Center he is, a pure sniper ( worldclass talent there ) that needs the puck fed to him, not how most top notch No 1 center are being playmakers, marleau really doesn't do much of that. It makes me wonder if he should even be a center at all with his FO% below average.

BUT

R WIlson is no dummy, and last night he showed how marleau can take over a game, is a great physical preseace in ihis own zone as well. I think the sharks may have just found how much that have in marleau when he can get his space and pick his shots.

Old
04-23-2004, 10:50 AM
Grandma Shark

Send a message via Yahoo to Grandma Shark
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekrul
Marleau streakyness to me is because of the type of Center he is, a pure sniper ( worldclass talent there ) that needs the puck fed to him, not how most top notch No 1 center are being playmakers, marleau really doesn't do much of that. It makes me wonder if he should even be a center at all with his FO% below average.

BUT

R WIlson is no dummy, and last night he showed how marleau can take over a game, is a great physical preseace in ihis own zone as well. I think the sharks may have just found how much that have in marleau when he can get his space and pick his shots.
Your comments make sense to me........thanks! I have never been a big Marleau fan because of his "streakiness" BUT have to now admit that the kid is coming into "his own"....living up tp the media hype that has surrounded him since his arrival on the SHARKS team. We need our Captain scoring, hitting, seeing the ice........ he surely came thru for his team last night and I'm PROUD of him [OMG!!! I LUV THIS TEAM AND HOW THEY PLAY HOCKEY......]

Old
04-25-2004, 02:41 AM
Vincent_TheGreat

Send a message via ICQ to Vincent_TheGreat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Shark
Your comments make sense to me........thanks! I have never been a big Marleau fan because of his "streakiness" BUT have to now admit that the kid is coming into "his own"....living up tp the media hype that has surrounded him since his arrival on the SHARKS team. We need our Captain scoring, hitting, seeing the ice........ he surely came thru for his team last night and I'm PROUD of him [OMG!!! I LUV THIS TEAM AND HOW THEY PLAY HOCKEY......]
he is on the money Marleau is an amazing skater with tremendous hands and shot. His face offs are below average and he is more of a sniper then a playmaker. His speed and shot would be much better at the wings. I agree with both of you guys!

Old
04-25-2004, 05:00 PM
Spacemania
Murray says: Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to Spacemania
Yeah. I'm really wondering why the Avs have done so little to contain him. Is Mearleau just that good and that fast that they can't control him, or is he simply still being underestimated, hoping he'll simply cool down.

Game 3 will likely answer that question though.

One thing though bout the Sharks, you can't focus and contain one person, all 4 lines can, will, and have scored goals all thoughout the season and in the playoffs. Contain Marleau and Cheechoo will come outa nowhere and slam it in the net. Contain him and Korolyuk, Damphoose, Richi, Stuart, Smitch, Dimitrakos, Hannan... the list goes on and on. Marleau may have the most goals, but the team is winning by group effort.

But then again, he is the Team Captin for a reason, hm?

Closed Thread