HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2 (The Official Thread) - Part III

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2010, 04:09 AM
F L Y E R S
Orange & Black

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
They're a lot of fun to do with a friend... a lot of them are pretty challenging too.

Some would be damn near impossible alone.
The sniping mission "Hidden" is just insane. The first 7 kills are easy(4 guys in the beginning and 3 snipers) After dying soooo many times, you kind of figure out where the next group of snipers are and just when you're aiming at one of them, another perfectly hidden sniper comes out from nowhere and kills you. The one time, I got tired of it and just switched my Intervention to a MP5 silencer, and went full Rambo style, running into the field............I didn't last long. Still haven't beaten it, but I will succeed in the end. Even if it takes me 10 years.

Old
02-02-2010, 08:18 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by F L Y E R S View Post
The sniping mission "Hidden" is just insane. The first 7 kills are easy(4 guys in the beginning and 3 snipers) After dying soooo many times, you kind of figure out where the next group of snipers are and just when you're aiming at one of them, another perfectly hidden sniper comes out from nowhere and kills you. The one time, I got tired of it and just switched my Intervention to a MP5 silencer, and went full Rambo style, running into the field............I didn't last long. Still haven't beaten it, but I will succeed in the end. Even if it takes me 10 years.
I take it your doing it by yourself? Take a buddy with you into 2 player online and have him (or you) be the bait to the snipers by just running in circles in the open or jumping up down everywhere because the snipers aren't accurate unless your standing still or charging at them and as the snipers fire on him, you'll be in good position to take them out that way, just make sure your in cover. Basically your buddy is the bait lol

Old
02-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I was going to upload a video of me just playing a game last night, but it said it would take 6 hours. I figured my lappy was slow, but it says the same now. Keeps fluctuating around the 6h30 minute mark.

No wonder people just make 3-4 minute montages. This match is like 17ish minutes

Old
02-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Cinerary
The Inexorable

I actually got all the trophies before playing the game online. The spec ops mission 'snatch and grab' on veteran was a freaking nightmare for me. Other than that, I found them all fairly easy. I even beat IW's best time for 'high explosive' (the one with all the juggernauts and explosives/melee only).

Also, I used the F2000 for a little while. I did good with it and I find that it's not a bad gun, it's just that every other assault rifle is better.

Old
02-02-2010, 03:05 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Not a fan of the Vector.

Old
02-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Snipeshow

Alright, I haven't really used the ACR. But why do people love it so much? Going strictly by the stats it's garbage.

Old
02-02-2010, 03:38 PM
GatoradeG*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
Alright, I haven't really used the ACR. But why do people love it so much? Going strictly by the stats it's garbage.
Personally I think the recoil is low. Damage is nice. Iron Sights are great. It's just an overall great gun. I would like the AK more but with the AK I can never track anyone with the Iron Sights.

Old
02-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Cone

Send a message via AIM to Cone
Quote:
the stats are completely wrong in this game. the programmers went in and put up some stats in the menu that aren't realistic or correct. then they went into the game and made different stats for the guns that don't match the stats in the game. and it's not like the menu stats are just rounded or approximations, they're completely wrong.

somebody had to pull the real stats off the disc from the pc version for cod4. i don't think anybody has been able to do it for mw2, but i know people have at least done some semi-accurate tests and the stats are definitely way off in some places.

my point: infinity ward is retarded and this makes absolutely no sense and i don't know how they could possibly repeat this mistake yet again.

Old
02-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Playing Sabotage, someone planted the bomb and there was about 5 seconds left and no one close to defusing the bomb when someone on my team set off a tactical nuke. It was a sweeeeeeeeet win.

I wonder if you can get two nukes in 1 game. Just stock pile nukes.

Old
02-02-2010, 04:58 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

anyone need to do special ops? i need all the trophies for it...

Old
02-02-2010, 05:38 PM
RayLeeCharles

Spawn camping is really making me not like this game. Its really fun spawning and getting shot or tac knifed in the back instantly.

Old
02-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

I find the most annoying thing about playing team games, your teammates get in the way so much. When running and someone is near you, you start bumping, just annoys the hell out of me. or when you are trying to get into doorways and a idiot is just sitting there.

Then the host migration ********.

Just two things that rattle me when trying to play the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Playing Sabotage, someone planted the bomb and there was about 5 seconds left and no one close to defusing the bomb when someone on my team set off a tactical nuke. It was a sweeeeeeeeet win.

I wonder if you can get two nukes in 1 game. Just stock pile nukes.
Ive tried this, couldn't do it though.

On domination, got a nuke then purposely got killed. Tried again once I hit about 10 kills the 2nd time the game was near end, like 190+, so I wouldn't be able to get the 15+ kills in time so I had to call it in.

Old
02-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

I saw a guy on youtube get the double nuke, he just had two 25 killstreaks, called the first one in and just got the second as the game was ending.

Lately I find I'm using the FAMAS with an Acog. It doesn't recoil as much as i thought it would, still went 39-9 with it so pretty good! But I find I change my mind on likes and dislikes a lot with this game.

Old
02-02-2010, 06:32 PM
GatoradeG*

What the eff did I do to deserve spawning in the tail end of the plane in Afghan 3 times in a row and getting spawn killed in Sabotage...Sad face.___________________________
PSN-FR4G_Heartbrake
Game Mode-Search and Destroy

Old
02-02-2010, 06:36 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

I seem to get these levels the most.

Scrapyard
Sub Base
Skidrow
Karachi
Afghan
Estate
Quarry

These are scattered but noticeably less frequent

Derail
Favela
Rundown
Highrise
Underpass
Wasteland
Invasion
Terminal

I never get (haven't gotten in a month or more)

Rust

Old
02-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

I just ripped off my first ever triple! Looking down the scope of Intervention and aimed for 1 guy and got 2 more! Buddy from work that I play with couldn't stop laughing it was great.

Old
02-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Personally I take the Tar instead anymore with a tube its my most reliable versatile gun. I have like 2k kills with the M4A1 too so I like that style of gun just find the Tar does the most damage and Iron sights are my favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
I find the most annoying thing about playing team games, your teammates get in the way so much. When running and someone is near you, you start bumping, just annoys the hell out of me. or when you are trying to get into doorways and a idiot is just sitting there.
I try to snipe a fair bit and nothing is more annoying then while "dueling" another snipe some ******* stands right beside you so when you go to dodge a shot you run into the guy standing sholder to sholder with you. Maybe not his fault completly but still annoying.

Last edited by Evil Ted: 02-02-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old
02-02-2010, 06:58 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
I seem to get these levels the most.

Scrapyard
Sub Base
Skidrow
Karachi
Afghan
Estate
Quarry

These are scattered but noticeably less frequent

Derail
Favela
Rundown
Highrise
Underpass
Wasteland
Invasion
Terminal

I never get (haven't gotten in a month or more)

Rust
That's odd. I get Underpass (perhaps my best level), Terminal, and Favela all the time. 3-4 weeks ago it seemed like every other game I played was on Estate or Wasteland but both have gotten less frequent for me lately.

Old
02-02-2010, 07:00 PM
GatoradeG*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Phillips View Post
I just ripped off my first ever triple! Looking down the scope of Intervention and aimed for 1 guy and got 2 more! Buddy from work that I play with couldn't stop laughing it was great.
Congratulations. I get mine mostly on Highrise across the glass windows at the start of a game lol. I remember my first triple in MW1 on Bloc. It was awesome.

Old
02-02-2010, 07:16 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
In COD4 I got an amazing multi-death snipe. Was on Bog, HC S&D. If you killed a teammate within the first couple seconds of that game you died as well. Ran immediately to my left out of the spawn and lined up an enemy making a break for the tank. Just as I pull the trigger, a teammate runs in front of me, and the bullet passes through his skull. The bullet then headshots the guy I was aiming at, headshots the guy behind him, and hits a third guy in the chest behind him. One sniper bullet, 5 deaths.

Old
02-02-2010, 07:49 PM
qwertysac

I havnt played a single game, and wont play one until the patch is released...

Old
02-02-2010, 07:54 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
That's odd. I get Underpass (perhaps my best level), Terminal, and Favela all the time. 3-4 weeks ago it seemed like every other game I played was on Estate or Wasteland but both have gotten less frequent for me lately.
I like Underpass a lot as well. I often use a cold blooded/ninja with the M16 (w acog) unsilenced so any levels where I can hide and sneak up on people I do the best. I have tried different setups but clearly this is just how I play so I am running with it now

Old
02-02-2010, 08:46 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
I like Underpass a lot as well. I often use a cold blooded/ninja with the M16 (w acog) unsilenced so any levels where I can hide and sneak up on people I do the best. I have tried different setups but clearly this is just how I play so I am running with it now
Underpass is perfect for my Silenced UMP, Silenced PP2000, Marathon Pro, Stopping Power Pro, Ninja Pro class.

Old
02-02-2010, 11:10 PM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
Nice. I've gotten most except for the ones with Juggernauts. The last two seem near impossible. Uhg, I hate those friggin Juggernauts. Just thinking about them gets me annoyed.
If you're doing this on your own, then yeah, the juggernaut ones are ****ing hard.

If you are doing the juggernaut ones with someone else, here is how I did them (with my buddy):

- High Explosive: Right off the top of the map, have both guys run all the way to the right of the map. There is a little shack/house with a dead end room in it. Get one guy to lie on the floor just inside the doorway but out of the range and sight of the juggernauts. Then, have the other guy stand in the door way and block it. The guy in the doorway is going to keep getting killed, but he will block the door. The key is - when he dies, he goes in to last stand and should be able to knife the guy two or three times before he gets shot down. If the guy lying down is lined up right, he should be able to revive him right away. He will be killed again, gets in a few knife shots in last stand, repeat... takes a while, but realistically, I think doing this one normally would take nearly as long.

- Oil rig: I don't think we did anything special here that people wouldn't have thought of... but we had a guy set up in the tower right near the beginning and the second guy run out and lure them to us until there was about 8 left. Then, both guys wait in the tower - one guy uses a Barrett and the other uses a machine gun. Set up claymores all over the place once you get around 10 and definitely make sure you cover the ladder and the surrounding area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Phillips View Post
I take it your doing it by yourself? Take a buddy with you into 2 player online and have him (or you) be the bait to the snipers by just running in circles in the open or jumping up down everywhere because the snipers aren't accurate unless your standing still or charging at them and as the snipers fire on him, you'll be in good position to take them out that way, just make sure your in cover. Basically your buddy is the bait lol
This is what I did. I found this one pretty tough.

Other one I found rough was the one with the broken airplanes. Forget what it's called, but that was one was touggghhh.

Old
02-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Jesus, how have I never played Domination before? So easy to get kills. I just played like 6 games never had less than 35 kills and more than 10 deaths. Went 56-8 with a 34 kill streak... Up goes the K/D.

Closed Thread