HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2 (The Official Thread) - Part III

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2010, 12:08 AM
The Imp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19nazzy View Post
You have to shoot the glass? I've dropped CPs through the glass at Terminal with no problems. The issue I have there is getting it in the right spot so it doesn't stay on the roof.

Old
02-04-2010, 03:09 AM
Happy Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19nazzy View Post
You have to shoot the glass? I've dropped CPs through the glass at Terminal with no problems. The issue I have there is getting it in the right spot so it doesn't stay on the roof.
I have, and he was staring at it just about to shoot.

Sometimes I throw one so the CP purposely will land on the roof then rack up kills when the other players come to try and steal the CP.

Old
02-04-2010, 08:47 AM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Same of my favourites;

RPD - usually with grip and silencer(if I use bling)
P90 - Silencer - love it, already at 200ish headshots, also got me Fall camo for it
Barrett - heartbeat sensor

and for AR I normally switch it up, often, Scar, M4A1, ACR and F2000. Almost aways with silencer unless I have coldblooded on.

Hardly touch the Famas, M16 or Fal.

Old
02-04-2010, 11:41 AM
avs1dacup

How can anyone like the ACR? From using it, the SCAR, M16, and a couple others...it's an underpowered piece of junk. I'll take the M16 which can get a kill in 1-3 trigger pulls over the ACR that takes a whole clip almost.

Old
02-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
Also, where is that site that somebody posted all the "real" stats for the guns?
http://denkirson.xanga.com/715966769/modern-warfare-2/
Quote:
Originally Posted by avs1dacup View Post
How can anyone like the ACR? From using it, the SCAR, M16, and a couple others...it's an underpowered piece of junk. I'll take the M16 which can get a kill in 1-3 trigger pulls over the ACR that takes a whole clip almost.
The ACR is statistically a weak gun. But I think people like it because of its low recoil. I personally like more powerful guns, even if they are less accurate.

Here's my top 3 primaries:
1) AK-47
2) TAR
3) Riot Shield

I've been rockin' this class lately on Domination
Riot Shield
M1014 Shotgun
Blast shield
Smoke
Marathon
Coldblooded/Hardline
Commando/Steady aim

It's so fun to watch people unload their clip into your shield. I get a kick out of it. But with this class on Domination, I went on a 19 game winstreak the past couple days. Only reason the streak was broken is I ended up on a team who camped the whole time and didn't even bother to attempt capturing flags

Old
02-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Snipeshow

ACR with Stopping Power, does that make it much better? I always see people using the ACR and apparently recoil means a lot to them haha.

I just started using the TAR for the first time (I'm 2nd prestige), and I love it. I've been missing out.

Old
02-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Zetsyuk
Farewell Nick.

Quote:
ACR with Stopping Power, does that make it much better? I always see people using the ACR and apparently recoil means a lot to them haha.

I just started using the TAR for the first time (I'm 2nd prestige), and I love it. I've been missing out.
I used ACR without Stopping Power for a while, and I still loved it. I was doing well with my overall score, but I was losing a lot of one on one firefights. Put on Stopping Power Pro, bam, easy kills, best gun in the game for me. Kill streaks like no tomorrow.

Old
02-04-2010, 09:28 PM
samwitch

Even though the sub machine guns are quite over powered by the assault rifles, I like using the mp5k ..

It's shot rate is quite fast too.

mp5k w/ silencer
marathon
stopping power
ninja

(Y)

Old
02-04-2010, 10:45 PM
GatoradeG*

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Even though the sub machine guns are quite over powered by the assault rifles, I like using the mp5k ..

mp5k w/ silencer
marathon
stopping power
ninja

(Y)
If you can control the recoil on that bad-boy, well, I applaud you.

Old
02-04-2010, 11:44 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwitch View Post

mp5k w/ silencer
marathon
stopping power
ninja

(Y)
I use a similar set up, only with the P90 and steady aim instead, you dont have to ADS nearly as much, only for longer range kills.

Old
02-05-2010, 12:00 AM
PZA
maagchi

I only used the silenced P90..... since COD4. Whether I get burnt out rushing I use the Intervention with FMJ.

Old
02-05-2010, 01:39 AM
Paradigm

I just had a beastly evening (by my standards) at Free-for-All

28-10 on Estate with a 10 Kill Streak
30-19 on Terminal
30-15 on Skidrow

My longest winning streak seeing as my previous streak was stuck at 1

My set-up was:

TAR-21 Silencer
Scavenger
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim

Semtex/Flash

Honestly, I was just trying to get Steady Aim up to Pro, but geez, who knew hip-firing would be so damn good. My reaction time can be crazy sometimes, but this is my first FPS on a console, so aiming can be a little troublesome for me. With this, I'm able to hip-fire anyone up close and still pick them off at range using the iron sights. Scavenger was kick-ass as it helped with the small ammo size of the TAR and it gave me more Semtex.

Name is 'Paradigm22' on PSN if anyone wants to add. Always looking for more people to hang with.

Old
02-05-2010, 03:01 AM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davalicious View Post
If you can control the recoil on that bad-boy, well, I applaud you.

Lately I've been whoring akimbo Rafficas or G18s with steady aim and stopping power. Yeah... I'm "that guy."

Just don't cry foul when you keep trying to go up the estate stairs or through the middle building in Derail and get waxed every time.

I also use scavenger with claymores for that class

Old
02-05-2010, 03:43 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
The plain Mp5k without any addons is great, recoil wise. It doesn't need stopping power either, but it helps.

Lately I've been whoring akimbo Rafficas or G18s with steady aim and stopping power. Yeah... I'm "that guy."

Just don't cry foul when you keep trying to go up the estate stairs or through the middle building in Derail and get waxed every time.

I use Akimbo Raffica every one in a while and they really are deadly. They're sick in Scrapyard too, due to all the close quarter combat. But I tend to use Raffica with Red Dot more often, as I love the fact that it is essentially an M16 in that it kills in one 3-shot burst with Stopping Power, and it's deadly accurate even at range.

Old
02-05-2010, 10:14 AM
GatoradeG*

Quote:
The plain Mp5k without any addons is great, recoil wise. It doesn't need stopping power either, but it helps.

Well I for one never venture those routes for it spells my ultimate doom. Yeah sure I can throw a stun and hope it hits them and hope they don't luckily kill me and hope there is no-one else looking. I could hope to throw a grenade or shoot a launcher but what if I miss? What if there is more people? I am godawful at breaching stuff like that. I usually leave it to my teammates and lone wolf it down the flanks of Derail and catch snipers of guard and come from behind on the other players. In estate I don't really guard the stairs I just guard the house.

Oh and a tip I have for you people if you play Search and Destroy is that put a claymore in between the vases at the back door of estate make it face at an angle like this: \. Also for scrapyard and you are on the defending side use your rushing class (be fast doing this) and rush into the plane on the left side and plant a claymore facing the door at the same angle (\) and run back. 8 times out of 10 I get a kill. Also for Rundown. On the attacking side. Most times you can just rush straight through the middle bridge and plant B or run into the middle part and go behind the people guarding A. I have more tips but I can't be bothered at the moment. I guess I will share later.

Old
02-05-2010, 12:29 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
I use Akimbo Raffica every one in a while and they really are deadly. They're sick in Scrapyard too, due to all the close quarter combat. But I tend to use Raffica with Red Dot more often, as I love the fact that it is essentially an M16 in that it kills in one 3-shot burst with Stopping Power, and it's deadly accurate even at range.
The best part is that no one takes you seriously until you zap them with the Raffica. At a glance, it looks like you are running around with your pistol out.

Old
02-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Cinerary
The Inexorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davalicious View Post
I usually leave it to my teammates and lone wolf it down the flanks of Derail and catch snipers of guard and come from behind on the other players. In estate I don't really guard the stairs I just guard the house.
In Derail, I love holding that middle building down. I am deadly with a SPAS and sometimes I'll venture out and run around for a bit to let the other team occupy the building, and then clear them out again. Very fun.

Old
02-05-2010, 02:07 PM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

Best game ever.

Old
02-05-2010, 02:37 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
The best part is that no one takes you seriously until you zap them with the Raffica. At a glance, it looks like you are running around with your pistol out.
Then again, I do the same when I DO have my pistol out. I've gotten quite good at killing beyond close range with the Magnum. Just gotta Strafe a bit to make the assault rifle using opponent miss.

Old
02-05-2010, 06:18 PM
F L Y E R S
Orange & Black

With the snow hitting the East Coast, there's going to a crap load of people inside, playing MW2. I look forward to dominating the noobs.

Old
02-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:

My first time through I only used the tar when I found it laying around and never gave it a chance, my 2nd prestige I am lvl 52ish and just got over 1k kills with it the other night

Oddly enough I only like iron sights on it and always take it with a tube.

Old
02-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Snipeshow

I still think M16 is the best gun in the game, IMO.

Old
02-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
I still think M16 is the best gun in the game, IMO.
Yeah certainly its up there for one of the best. IMO I want something automatic so I would go AK47 or TAR they are also in a group with the M16 as "the best" guns in the game. Its going to be differnt prefrences for everyone.

Old
02-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SCAR-H has always been good to me.

Old
02-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
SCAR-H has always been good to me.
same here, I've tried to use a couple others but always go back. Usually within the same round

Closed Thread