HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Value of Coburn to Ottawa

Old
02-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Fisher For Selke

vCash: 500
Value of Coburn to Ottawa

He'd been struggling this season for the Flyers but i think he'd be great on a pairing with Chris Phillips. what would it take to land him?

Fisher For Selke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:51 PM
ELab2

He'd need to be replaced and that means Volchenkov. I'd add more, but I don't expect Ottawa to part with him while they're playoff bound

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:52 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher For Selke View Post
He'd been struggling this season for the Flyers but i think he'd be great on a pairing with Chris Phillips. what would it take to land him?
Preferably a young, cheap winger with a decent amount of potential in the offseason. Not so sure what the team would need to replace him if this happened before the deadline, but we'd definitely be short on the blueline.

You can't ask the world for someone who has struggled a lot this season. I would hate to see him go though since I'm confident he will rediscover his form.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:57 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Maybe this off season something with Leclaire and Coburn, if Emery doesnt want to stay.

Or Volchenkov if he doesnt want to stay in Ottawa.

Foligno maybe

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Manny*

Jared Cowen very likely joining the lineup next season makes Coburn redundant. They're essentially the same player. Most Sens fans expect Murray to resign Android anyway.

As for value, Leclaire could be an option, as stated above. Foligno is also a good idea, though it would be a shame to let him go.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Scoopyten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher For Selke View Post
I'd have to get Karlsson, Cowen, Regin or Lehner and a relatively high pick, say a second rounder.

Scoopyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Manny*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSaq View Post
I'd have to get Karlsson, Cowen, Regin or Lehner and a relatively high pick, say a second rounder.
I don't mean to invade this thread or anything, but that's just ludicrous.

Old
02-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Scoopyten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
I don't mean to invade this thread or anything, but that's just ludicrous.
I don't think one of the four, plus a second is ludicrous. I'm not asking for all four and a pick.

Old
02-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Manny*

Quote:
I don't think one of the four, plus a second is ludicrous. I'm not asking for all four and a pick.
Obviously. But Karlsson has shown this season that he will almost certainly be a far better defenceman than Coburn, barring a serious injury. As for Cowen, he's already been described as a Coburn-Chara hybrid. Before his knee injury, he was said by many to be in the same class as Hedman. All opinions aside, though, Murray would never trade either of them for Coburn, let alone throwing in a high draft pick.

Old
02-01-2010, 04:14 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Obviously. But Karlsson has shown this season that he will almost certainly be a far better defenceman than Coburn, barring a serious injury. As for Cowen, he's already been described as a Coburn-Chara hybrid. Before his knee injury, he was said by many to be in the same class as Hedman. All opinions aside, though, Murray would never trade either of them for Coburn, let alone throwing in a high draft pick.
That's a terrible joke. Coburn may be having an off year, but he has proved a whole lot more than Karlsson has.

Old
02-01-2010, 04:14 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Meh.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 04:24 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

I see a a draft day deal going. Didnt an unsigned Eminger get a first? We could probablly grab a first for Coburn. Something along the same deal.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 04:26 PM
McNasty

The two don't make very good trading partners. Flyers can't spare a defenseman, and with both of them in the hunt it wouldn't make any sense for one of them to make a deal where they receive picks and prospects.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Scoopyten

Quote:
You mean the 11 points and -5 rating Karlsson has? I don't think 39 games shows a whole lot. If Cowen was in Hedman's class, wouldn't he be playing in Ottawa, like Hedman is in Tampa.

Considering that Coburn has had success in the NHL, it's not a ridiculous price. If it's refused, great. But that is what I would ask for.

Old
02-01-2010, 04:29 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
I want A-Train

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 04:30 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Maybe this off season something with Leclaire and Coburn, if Emery doesnt want to stay.
If Coburn is going for Leclaire, the Flyers better get a high draft pick or two. Leclaire just cannot stay healthy and honestly, he's not that good of a goalie to begin with.

Quote:
Or Volchenkov if he doesnt want to stay in Ottawa.

Foligno maybe
I doubt Coburn lands either. If anything, the Flyers would probably get back a guy like Picard or Kuba plus a draft pick.

There just isn't a market for 6'5 underachieving defenseman who has all the physical ability in the world, but just doesn't have the brain to tie it all together.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Scoopyten

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I see a a draft day deal going. Didnt an unsigned Eminger get a first? We could probablly grab a first for Coburn. Something along the same deal.
Yeah, but how many other GM's drink as much as Homer did that night? I'm convinced he lost that pick in a bet.

Old
02-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Manny*

Quote:
You mean the 11 points and -5 rating Karlsson has? I don't think 39 games shows a whole lot. If Cowen was in Hedman's class, wouldn't he be playing in Ottawa, like Hedman is in Tampa.

Considering that Coburn has had success in the NHL, it's not a ridiculous price. If it's refused, great. But that is what I would ask for.
Cowen missed months with a serious injury. Rehabilitation is not instantaneous. Besides, Bryan Murray stated that Cowen would be NHL ready by November, and believes that he is. Ottawa has an overabundance of defencemen, including two rookies. There was no need for Cowen in the lineup.

As for Karlsson, I suggest you watch some of the upcoming Sens games. He's been on fire, and is easily the most entertaining player on the team. His point totals are very misleading, as he's been one of our best defencemen along with Phillips and Volchenkov.

Old
02-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Scoopyten

Quote:
Cowen missed months with a serious injury. Rehabilitation is not instantaneous. Besides, Bryan Murray stated that Cowen would be NHL ready by November, and believes that he is. Ottawa has an overabundance of defencemen, including two rookies. There was no need for Cowen in the lineup.

As for Karlsson, I suggest you watch some of the upcoming Sens games. He's been on fire, and is easily the most entertaining player on the team. His point totals are very misleading, as he's been one of our best defencemen along with Phillips and Volchenkov.
Again, a handful of NHL games-which I'm going to use as a loose interpretation of "lately"-doesn't mean he's better than Coburn or that he will be better. Cowen might not be able to step in and be as effective off the bat as you expect, either.

Anyhow, my answer to the question was given, you don't like it, great...I move on.

Old
02-01-2010, 04:43 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Karlsson is very good guys. I would much rather have him than Coburn

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 04:50 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Regin is about your only hope there. No reason to trade any of those other guys if you're Ottawa.

Old
02-01-2010, 04:52 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Karlsson is very good guys. I would much rather have him than Coburn
Nobody ever said he wasn't very good, but the way he suggested that Karlsson was a sure-fire home run was a little arrogant.

As I have said recently, this season will define Coburn's next contract, not his career.

Anyway, the Flyers have plenty of defensive prospects. I see no reason to go hard after more right now.

Old
02-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Scoopyten

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Regin is about your only hope there. No reason to trade any of those other guys if you're Ottawa.
I'm aware, but if I ask for the moon, maybe somebody will be dumb enough to give it.

Old
02-01-2010, 05:39 PM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I want A-Train
Me too.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 06:03 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerPuck View Post
Me too.
He won't be available now, but I'd be willing to sell out for him in July.